PDA

View Full Version : Wilshere gone

Just Trent
06-19-2018, 08:40 PM
:wave: :wave:

7sisters
06-19-2018, 09:13 PM
He made the right decision. Bit of a busted flush at our place, what with that injury record and only sporadic good performances ..

IUFG
06-19-2018, 09:13 PM

Never quite good enough, tbh.

Thanks Jack and good luck imo.

Him and Jens having a bit of a dig on social media.

I'm liking this new regime. The old way is definitely gone :-)

AFC East
06-19-2018, 09:37 PM
Never quite good enough, tbh.

You either have a short memory or a need to find a new hobby sunshine.

Tony C
06-19-2018, 09:53 PM
Some would say - he’s played a complete blinder mugging us off the way he did...knew full well he was jumping ship.

Anyways he was just too weak, too slow, too artsy farty and not creative enough to be any sort of top level midfielder. Yeah sure the odd flick, dribble and quick pass but otherwise just another pretender.

Use to p iss me off week after week him coming on after marches saying - we’re sorry, we let the fans down, we’ll try harder etc etc every fecking week with that nonesense.

Next one on the hit list is Ozil...someone big needs to go to balance of us keeping Bellend.

IUFG
06-19-2018, 10:39 PM

Listen pal, there is a long, long list of midfielders Wilshire failed to displace during his time. There is a reason for that.

WES
06-20-2018, 08:03 AM
Listen pal, there is a long, long list of midfielders Wilshire failed to displace during his time. There is a reason for that.

Quite right. Regardless of how good he looked at a very young age, he is 26 years old and has never been both good and fit for an extended period of time. We can hardly be accused of being rash in this case.

Wenger, of course, would have extended by now. Well done Unai and Sven imo.

Pokster
06-20-2018, 08:33 AM
Quite right. Regardless of how good he looked at a very young age, he is 26 years old and has never been both good and fit for an extended period of time. We can hardly be accused of being rash in this case.

Wenger, of course, would have extended by now. Well done Unai and Sven imo.

It's his decision to go so the only input the new bloke has is saying he wouldn't play as much, wd all concerned, JW will get a better contract elsewhere and we have come out of it with a better balanced midfield

Burney
06-20-2018, 08:34 AM

Good. Can't have a man whose tongue lolls out like that playing for us. It's disgusting.

Burney
06-20-2018, 08:40 AM
It's his decision to go so the only input the new bloke has is saying he wouldn't play as much, wd all concerned, JW will get a better contract elsewhere and we have come out of it with a better balanced midfield

Well it's his decision to go insofar as Emery clearly told him he was not wanted on this voyage and was free to go and clog up someone else's treatment room.

Pokster
06-20-2018, 08:48 AM
Well it's his decision to go insofar as Emery clearly told him he was not wanted on this voyage and was free to go and clog up someone else's treatment room.

Wrong, he still had the same contract offer that was on the table before AW left, he has decided he wants more game time so has decided to leave, not that we kicked him out

Burney
06-20-2018, 08:53 AM
Wrong, he still had the same contract offer that was on the table before AW left, he has decided he wants more game time so has decided to leave, not that we kicked him out

That's all just common politeness to save his blushes. His rather petulant reaction tells you that he was clearly told the only chance he had of a game is if all the midfielders at the club who are better than him (i.e. all of them) were injured or dead.

Pokster
06-20-2018, 08:54 AM
That's all just common politeness to save his blushes. His rather petulant reaction tells you that he was clearly told the only chance he had of a game is if all the midfielders at the club who are better than him (i.e. all of them) were injured or dead.

If you want to believe that we would happily pay him around £4-5m a year with no chance of playing then carry on :rolleyes:

SWv2
06-20-2018, 08:57 AM

There is that lingering feeling about what he could have been, or even should have been given that he is 26 and no longer young Jack Wilshere. He was slightly different to your average English midfield player and very much in the mould of Arsenal, but then he was injured a lot and even under Wenger had moved down the pecking order.

Not making Southgate’s WC squad must have told him his career is seriously in reverse.

I am not one for huge sentimentality about footballers so no loss as far as I am concerned.

Pokster
06-20-2018, 09:00 AM
There is that lingering feeling about what he could have been, or even should have been given that he is 26 and no longer young Jack Wilshere. He was slightly different to your average English midfield player and very much in the mould of Arsenal, but then he was injured a lot and even under Wenger had moved down the pecking order.

Not making Southgate’s WC squad must have told him his career is seriously in reverse.

I am not one for huge sentimentality about footballers so no loss as far as I am concerned.

Good luck to him in whoever he plays for, good to see we have set out our stall in who figures highly for us going fwd....5th place finish here we come :)

Burney
06-20-2018, 09:05 AM
If you want to believe that we would happily pay him around £4-5m a year with no chance of playing then carry on :rolleyes:

And if you want to believe the palpable, face-saving fiction that that was really what was on the table, then carry on. :-)

Luis Anaconda
06-20-2018, 09:05 AM

We'll always have Norwich, though, sw

IUFG
06-20-2018, 09:06 AM
Good luck to him in whoever he plays for

Yes, I'll be interested to see if he ends up at a club that is 'better' than The Arsenal.
I'm sure AFC East will think he will.

IUFG
06-20-2018, 09:07 AM

That was a sexy goal :cloud9:

https://i2.wp.com/img.gawkerassets.com/img/193ozc9mh0wjygif/ku-xlarge.gif

Burney
06-20-2018, 09:08 AM

I'm afraid he never built on his early promise or appeared to learn from his mistakes. The same could be said for Walcott. I've no idea if that was a failing of the individual or of coaching or both, but it's been obvious for years that his true level is West Ham or Crystal Palace and it looks like that's where he's finally heading.

Burney
06-20-2018, 09:10 AM

I'd have thought his highlight would be that game against Barcelona. Even I was almost convinced after that.

SWv2
06-20-2018, 09:15 AM

I often tell my children about that.

The day I sat with LA, and Jack scored.

Pokster
06-20-2018, 09:19 AM
I often tell my children about that.

The day I sat with LA, and Jack scored.

Wonder if LA will tell his children one day, I sat with SW and he bought me a drink

Luis Anaconda
06-20-2018, 09:25 AM
I'd have thought his highlight would be that game against Barcelona. Even I was almost convinced after that.

Oh it was - he was quite magnificent that night. But for the Norwich game and that goal, I was actually sitting with SW. You can imagine the erudite conversation fairly baffled those surrounding us

Luis Anaconda
06-20-2018, 09:27 AM
Wonder if LA will tell his children one day, I sat with SW and he bought me a drink

Why would I lie to my kids, p?

Burney
06-20-2018, 09:29 AM
Oh it was - he was quite magnificent that night. But for the Norwich game and that goal, I was actually sitting with SW. You can imagine the erudite conversation fairly baffled those surrounding us

I can imagine there was a high level of football hipsterism, la.

SWv2
06-20-2018, 09:31 AM

Certainly the tactical debate may have confounded those lucky enough to be in earshot.

I remember thinking Leroy Fer had played well for the Canaries. A level of footballing insight and appreciation not many could even dream of, or perhaps 1-2 too many Timothy Taylor Landlord liveners.

The fact that my travelling companion drifted off in slumber during the game suggests the latter.

Luis Anaconda
06-20-2018, 09:33 AM
Certainly the tactical debate may have confounded those lucky enough to be in earshot.

I remember thinking Leroy Fer had played well for the Canaries. A level of footballing insight and appreciation not many could even dream of, or perhaps 1-2 too many Timothy Taylor Landlord liveners.

The fact that my travelling companion drifted off in slumber during the game suggests the latter.

:hehe: I'd forgotten that

Burney
06-20-2018, 09:39 AM
:hehe: I'd forgotten that

Sleeping while attending a football match is an impressive effort, la. Were you not awoken by some fat-necked, onion-breathed hominid calling Wenger a 'CAAAAAAAANNNTTT!' at the top of his voice?

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
06-20-2018, 10:06 AM
I'm afraid he never built on his early promise or appeared to learn from his mistakes. The same could be said for Walcott. I've no idea if that was a failing of the individual or of coaching or both, but it's been obvious for years that his true level is West Ham or Crystal Palace and it looks like that's where he's finally heading.

Walcott scored 19 goals from the wing in 2/3 of a season and was then dropped for saying "they wanted it more" after a defeat and never played again.

{He was trying to be honest - tell the fans they'd buck their ideas up - but AW took it as a criticism.}

Just like Sir Ches has a fag cos he's pissed off about a defeat and he gets dropped and replaced with some chav reject who is currently a worse keeper than the Pole.

Last term, Jack forced his way into the team and was looking good until the England call up. This is what was motivating him. When he was sent back injured, and thus knew he wouldn't go to the WC, he played like **** again.

Viva Prat Vegas
06-20-2018, 10:21 AM
Burney "Were you not awoken by some fat-necked, onion-breathed hominid calling Wenger a 'CAAAAAAAANNNTTT!' at the top of his voice?"

Early Claude

Luis Anaconda
06-20-2018, 10:50 AM
Walcott scored 19 goals from the wing in 2/3 of a season and was then dropped for saying "they wanted it more" after a defeat and never played again.

{He was trying to be honest - tell the fans they'd buck their ideas up - but AW took it as a criticism.}

Just like Sir Ches has a fag cos he's pissed off about a defeat and he gets dropped and replaced with some chav reject who is currently a worse keeper than the Pole.

Last term, Jack forced his way into the team and was looking good until the England call up. This is what was motivating him. When he was sent back injured, and thus knew he wouldn't go to the WC, he played like **** again.

Oh how we miss those vital goals against the likes of Lincoln, Sutton United and Ludogrets and Soton reserves, eh.
He played 20 more games after he said that, anyway and chances are he was dropped because in the game where he said "they wanted it more" he was utterly abysmal

Likewise for Szczesny, he just may have been dropped for the two mistakes he made in the game rather than the smoking ffs

IUFG
06-20-2018, 10:57 AM
Oh how we miss those vital goals against the likes of Lincoln, Sutton United and Ludogrets and Soton reserves, eh.
He played 20 more games after he said that, anyway and chances are he was dropped because in the game where he said "they wanted it more" he was utterly abysmal

Likewise for Szczesny, he just may have been dropped for the two mistakes he made in the game rather than the smoking ffs

It was unusual for Szczesny not to get himself sent off with his wander up the pitch yesterday.

Walcott, Ox-Chamberlain, Wilshere, Coquelin, etc, leaving...meh!

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
06-20-2018, 11:00 AM
It was unusual for Szczesny not to get himself sent off with his wander up the pitch yesterday.

Walcott, Ox-Chamberlain, Wilshere, Coquelin, etc, leaving...meh!

O-C was doing well at the bindippers until he got injuredy imo. Looked a different player to when he was with us :shrug:

IUFG
06-20-2018, 11:02 AM
Looked a different player to when he was with us

Whilst I quite agree, I can't say I was too upset when he left. In fact for near £40m I think we got the better end of the deal.

Burney
06-20-2018, 11:13 AM
Whilst I quite agree, I can't say I was too upset when he left. In fact for near £40m I think we got the better end of the deal.

:nod: He is - as the modern terminology has it - bang ordinary.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
06-20-2018, 11:16 AM
:nod: He is - as the modern terminology has it - bang ordinary.

Your mum's bang ordinary.

Burney
06-20-2018, 11:19 AM
Your mum's bang ordinary.

Whereas your mum is an extraordinary bang..

AFC East
06-20-2018, 01:12 PM

Indeed, he had a small chance to prove Emery wrong, but he chose not to take it. Reasonable decision on his part.

He certainly had a fantastic football brain, but sadly his style lead to far too many injuries.

06-20-2018, 01:37 PM

The Chelsea reject betwixt our sticks gave away a goal in his very first game. And has done so regularly. Last season he gave away two in a game but he wasn't dropped for Ospina - who doesn't needlessly give away goals, just suffers from being a midget in goalie terms.

Sorry, I thought Feo at his best was useful. He was like one of those '80s box strikers who did F-all except score a tap in once every game and a half.

He twice got best part of 20 goals from out wide. The year the scum sold Bale, he got one less goal+assist than the Welsher. And we were in the CL then, not playing Calais reserves.

If we'd had Auba when we had a 30-a season Alexis on the left and a 20-a-season Feo on the right, then a decent defence and 2 holding MFs and we could have challenged.

Feo and Sir Chez weren't the problems. But I know jack shît about footie and you'll tell me why Cech and Iwobi are so much better.

IUFG
06-20-2018, 01:39 PM
But I know jack shît about footie and you'll tell me why Cech and Iwobi are so much better.

Well I suppose, Cech is being replaced and Iwobi is, well, a bit shít.

Luis Anaconda
06-20-2018, 02:00 PM
The Chelsea reject betwixt our sticks gave away a goal in his very first game. And has done so regularly. Last season he gave away two in a game but he wasn't dropped for Ospina - who doesn't needlessly give away goals, just suffers from being a midget in goalie terms.

Sorry, I thought Feo at his best was useful. He was like one of those '80s box strikers who did F-all except score a tap in once every game and a half.

He twice got best part of 20 goals from out wide. The year the scum sold Bale, he got one less goal+assist than the Welsher. And we were in the CL then, not playing Calais reserves.

If we'd had Auba when we had a 30-a season Alexis on the left and a 20-a-season Feo on the right, then a decent defence and 2 holding MFs and we could have challenged.

Feo and Sir Chez weren't the problems. But I know jack shît about footie and you'll tell me why Cech and Iwobi are so much better.
Cech won the Golden Glove award in his first season despite continually giving away goals. Good effort that. He was poor last season and has been replaced. He was at his best one of the finest goalkeepers in the world, won tons of trophies and has been pretty useful for us but undoubtedly declined last year and has been replaced. He also has a superb attitude. If you can't see why he was a better option than Sczsesny, well :shrug:

"He was like one of those '80s box strikers who did F-all except score a tap in once every game and a half." Well that is quite an odd description of him but even so that type of player is completely out of place in our team for a start. His goalscoring record is not that impressive - in 12 seasons he reached 10 league goals twice in a team that creates bucketload of chances. The season you refer to him matching Bale was 2013. We sold him in 2018 so can't say he wasn't given a chance. At 29 he wasn't going to improve :shrug:

I do agree you know jack **** about football though :)

06-20-2018, 02:24 PM
Cech won the Golden Glove award in his first season despite continually giving away goals. Good effort that. He was poor last season and has been replaced. He was at his best one of the finest goalkeepers in the world, won tons of trophies and has been pretty useful for us but undoubtedly declined last year and has been replaced. He also has a superb attitude. If you can't see why he was a better option than Sczsesny, well :shrug:

"He was like one of those '80s box strikers who did F-all except score a tap in once every game and a half." Well that is quite an odd description of him but even so that type of player is completely out of place in our team for a start. His goalscoring record is not that impressive - in 12 seasons he reached 10 league goals twice in a team that creates bucketload of chances. The season you refer to him matching Bale was 2013. We sold him in 2018 so can't say he wasn't given a chance. At 29 he wasn't going to improve :shrug:

I do agree you know jack **** about football though :)

You know I've never denied that. I only watch our XI and when I forget my glasses (most of the time) I have to ask whoevere's sitting next to me who scored.

All I meant was Feo was one of those players who did **** all expect get the ball in the back of the net.

I'm probably mis-remembering but last season, he banged in goals, the defence ****ed up, AW switched to a 3-4-3 meaning he was sacrificed for doing his job when the defence weren't.

Personally, I'd have kept Feo, shot Mustafi, and played Stevie Bould instead. Couldn't have gone much worse. (Though denying the chavs the double did sort of justify it.)

Oh, and those years between 2013 and 2018, again, I may be mis-remembering, but didn't have almost Diaby levels of injury at times?

Oh yes. Wiki says:
2013 - 32 starts, loadsa goals.

next 2 years, 13 and 14 league starts.
Then one sort of full season to get back into the swing.
Then 19 goals in 37 in his last full season.

Come on, LA, if someone was slagging off one of our injured players you'd defend him.

I know 4-4-2 ain't 4-3-3 but when Limpar and Overmars scored 17 or Pires scored 15, I thought they were the greatest wingers ever.

Feo may not be Messi but he's not Darren Anderton.