he's ****ing awful and irrelevant.

Pokster
06-15-2018, 01:12 PM

Exactly, he should be doing the Cricket World cup instead

Sir C
06-15-2018, 01:18 PM

Not the force he once was, but he did produce some excellent pop music. And at least he behaved a bit like a proper pop star.

Did he write the good stuff, I wonder?

IUFG
06-15-2018, 01:19 PM

my fúcking word!

Viva Prat Vegas
06-15-2018, 01:21 PM
But his face c
His face
:-(

SWv2
06-15-2018, 01:24 PM
Not the force he once was, but he did produce some excellent pop music. And at least he behaved a bit like a proper pop star.

By being rude to the camera?

Sir C
06-15-2018, 01:27 PM
By being rude to the camera?

No, sorry, I didn't mean yesterday, I meant during his career. Leaving the boy band to go and get massed up with proper rock stars, and living in LA, playing football with Rod Stewart. You know, bit of personality about the lad. Whether those things are in any way admirable in and of themselves is irrelevant.

Sir C
06-15-2018, 01:29 PM
my fúcking word!

Look, i. Pop music isn't really my thing. Never was. Always been a rock n roll sort of chap, you know. But if you can't appreciate the power, and pleasure, of a well-crafted pop song, you either don't like music very much or you're fooling yourself because you're so desperate to be hep.

'Let Me Enetrtain You', for example, is a great pop record. Deny it at your peril.

Sir C
06-15-2018, 01:30 PM
But his face c
His face
:-(

He can't help his face, s. God gave him his face.

IUFG
06-15-2018, 01:45 PM
'Let Me Enetrtain You', for example, is a great pop record. Deny it at your peril.

It's a bit meh imo!

He's no Boney M

Herbert Augustus Chapman
06-15-2018, 01:48 PM
Look, i. Pop music isn't really my thing. Never was. Always been a rock n roll sort of chap, you know. But if you can't appreciate the power, and pleasure, of a well-crafted pop song, you either don't like music very much or you're fooling yourself because you're so desperate to be hep.

at a party, an attractive woman will be noshing my old chopper the same evening ... FACT!

Sir C
06-15-2018, 01:49 PM
It's a bit meh imo!

He's no Boney M

Fair one i, fair one. On the other hand, who is?

SWv2
06-15-2018, 01:49 PM
at a party, an attractive woman will be noshing my old chopper the same evening ... FACT!

You bring your guitar with you to parties?

IUFG
06-15-2018, 01:52 PM
You bring your guitar with you to parties?

he does....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V_hCqO6UQs

Pokster
06-15-2018, 01:57 PM

You take your mum to party's?

Ash
06-15-2018, 02:09 PM
It's a bit meh imo!

He's no Boney M

Good lord.

Give me RW over Boney M any day.

IUFG
06-15-2018, 02:11 PM
Good lord.

His only redeeming feature is that he supports Port Vale and not those other ****s from around there

Sir C
06-15-2018, 02:11 PM
Good lord.

Where do you stand on Abba, a?

I say you can't beat a bit of Abba. Some say the greatest ever pop song is, 'The Day Before You Came'. I might be moved to agree.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
06-15-2018, 02:15 PM

I say you can't beat a bit of Abba. Some say the greatest ever pop song is, 'The Day Before You Came'. I might be moved to agree.

Don't be fúcking ridicules c. That accolade belongs to "One Of Us Is Lying". The tender, melancholic yearning in beautiful young Agnetha's voice ....my heart ..my heart!

Sir C
06-15-2018, 02:19 PM
Don't be fúcking ridicules c. That accolade belongs to "One Of Us Is Lying". The tender, melancholic yearning in beautiful young Agnetha's voice ....my heart ..my heart!

Of course we're boith overlooking The Carpenter's seminal, 'Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft'.

IUFG
06-15-2018, 02:28 PM
Of course we're boith overlooking The Carpenter's seminal, 'Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft'.

indeed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33-fFldEp6A

Ash
06-15-2018, 02:28 PM

A highly talented popular combo who have been known to make me want to claw my own ears out.

Just because they were very good at what they did doesn't mean I have to like them.

I prefer them to Boney M though.

Sir C
06-15-2018, 02:34 PM
A highly talented popular combo who have been known to make me want to claw my own ears out.

Just because they were very good at what they did doesn't mean I have to like them.

I prefer them to Boney M though.

Imagine writing one song that was 1% as good as something written by Benny and Bjorn, though. Just imagine. :sigh:

SWv2
06-15-2018, 02:41 PM
Imagine writing one song that was 1% as good as something written by Benny and Bjorn, though. Just imagine. :sigh:

Benny and Bjorn probably wish they were able to manipulate an excel spreadsheet in the way A can.

We all have our own talents. God created all men equal.

I have your back A.

Sir C
06-15-2018, 02:43 PM
Benny and Bjorn probably wish they were able to manipulate an excel spreadsheet in the way A can.

I have your back A.

Do you know that at one point they were the biggest industry in Sweden, turning over more money than Volvo? And that they managed to go bankrupt?

Daft ****s.

IUFG
06-15-2018, 02:45 PM

I have your back A.

I've recently discovered =DATEDIF in Excel. It is really useful.

Who knew about this and why isn't it in the formula menu?

SWv2
06-15-2018, 02:48 PM
Do you know that at one point they were the biggest industry in Sweden, turning over more money than Volvo? And that they managed to go bankrupt?

Daft ****s.

They went bankrupt?

PSRB
06-15-2018, 02:50 PM

My personal fave is =colorfunction

Sir C
06-15-2018, 02:52 PM
They went bankrupt?

Yes, the Abba corporation went down the swanee. No doubt the four of them weren't short of a bob or two as indivudals, mind.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
06-15-2018, 02:53 PM
I have your back A.

You got his back...just don't help yourself to his backside ya big bog dwelling home ye are so!

SWv2
06-15-2018, 02:53 PM

I have just used this calculation to establish that I have been styling it out on this earth for 18,594 days.

With your permission I shall pass this formula onto my friends and appear cool.

IUFG
06-15-2018, 02:58 PM
I have just used this calculation to establish that I have been styling it out on this earth for 18,594 days.

With your permission I shall pass this formula onto my friends and appear cool.

Fill yer boots, sw :thumbup:

Ash

I now have 'dancing queen' earworm, and I am not pleased. It is, imvho, as good as a big-selling song by Queen. That is to say, commercially 'clever' but personally very painful to behold.

I'm sure in the hundred-odd songs that I recorded and participated in the arrangement of, there are a number of songs which people who prefer rock to pop will prefer to a number of Abba songs.

I have been known to run screaming from the room at weddings when Abba comes on. :-(

Sir C

That's nothing. Try typing 58008 into a claculator, then looking at it upside down. :hehe: (NSFW).

Sir C
06-15-2018, 03:00 PM
I now have 'dancing queen' earworm, and I am not pleased. It is, imvho, as good as a big-selling song by Queen. That is to say, commercially 'clever' but personally very painful to behold.

I'm sure in the hundred-odd songs that I recorded and participated in the arrangement of, there are a number of songs which people who prefer rock to pop will prefer to a number of Abba songs.

I have been known to run screaming from the room at weddings when Abba comes on. :-(

Can you hear the drums, Fernando? I bet that sends a shiver down your spine.

SWv2
06-15-2018, 03:01 PM

I have spent most of today listening to either Kamasi Washington in the am and now PIL post lunch.

A combustible mix for sure though it is Friday so one has to diversify.

SWv2
06-15-2018, 03:01 PM
That's nothing. Try typing 58008 into a claculator, then looking at it upside down. :hehe: (NSFW).

:-|

IUFG
06-15-2018, 03:02 PM

Wooooah there, sc.

Corrupting my young mind with your filth . . .

Sir C
06-15-2018, 03:04 PM

:-|

It's like 'BOOBS', sw!

D'you get it?

Ash
06-15-2018, 03:04 PM

I have your back A.

Thanks, buddy. I expect those two gaze into their empty souls at the place where their data-wrangling skillz should be. :-\

I am of course very modest but I am quietly confident I can spank out a bass groove or two quite well as it goes. Not that anyone here except the Chief is familiar with my work.

IUFG
06-15-2018, 03:08 PM
I am of course very modest but I am quietly confident I can spank out a bass groove or two quite well as it goes.

I don't suppose you have a TB-303 you want to give away, do you?

Peter
06-15-2018, 03:09 PM

Its a formindable collection of well crafted pop songs that I desperately never want to hear again as long as I live.

I run screaming from the room at the merest hint of a wedding invitation. They are thoroughly miserable affairs and that is even without having to suffer the music.

Ash
06-15-2018, 03:09 PM
Can you hear the drums, Fernando? I bet that sends a shiver down your spine.

That reminds me of Greg Mitchell on here when we were supposed to be singing Torres. I think he put it in his sig.

I am washing out my ears with the this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQFgq6WVUyo

Ash
06-15-2018, 03:11 PM
Its a formindable collection of well crafted pop songs that I desperately never want to hear again as long as I live.

I run screaming from the room at the merest hint of a wedding invitation. They are thoroughly miserable affairs and that is even without having to suffer the music.

Despite our previous musical differences it is good to find some common ground where one can. Weddings. :-(

Ash
06-15-2018, 03:12 PM
I don't suppose you have a TB-303 you want to give away, do you?

LOL @ fake bass.

Stupid little farting machine. :hehe:

No offence, like.

IUFG
06-15-2018, 03:16 PM
LOL @ fake bass.

Stupid little farting machine. :hehe:

No offence, like.

a fúcking cool stupid, little farting machine nonetheless

Sir C
06-15-2018, 03:17 PM
That reminds me of Greg Mitchell on here when we were supposed to be singing Torres. I think he put it in his sig.

I am washing out my ears with the this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQFgq6WVUyo

I liked Bill Bailey's 'Have you seen the queue for Nando's?'

Those people ought to learn to play nice and quietly.

Sir C
06-15-2018, 03:18 PM
Despite our previous musical differences it is good to find some common ground where one can. Weddings. :-(

We had fun at Ian Harvey's wedding, a.

Well, we got spasticated, anyway.

Ash
06-15-2018, 03:22 PM
I liked Bill Bailey's 'Have you seen the queue for Nando's?'

Those people ought to learn to play nice and quietly.

If seen him play 'Cars' on squeezy-horns live. And the U2 piss take is always worth one more watch.

Off oop norf on Sunday. Staying here first: http://www.haweswaterhotel.com/

Sir C
06-15-2018, 03:23 PM
If seen him play 'Cars' on squeezy-horns live. And the U2 piss take is always worth one more watch.

Off oop norf on Sunday. Staying here first: http://www.haweswaterhotel.com/

Nice, nice, nice, nice. Enjoy.

Peter
06-15-2018, 03:26 PM

I cant stand them. I would rather spend an entire day listening to the Style Council than attend a wedding. I genuinely mean that....

So, have you played on anything I might know? :)

You must have done.....

7sisters
06-15-2018, 03:27 PM
I’m getting an image here of c cruising into peurto banus in some open top sports turbo number with cream upholstery and ‘money, money, money’ blaring from the speakers.. Just look at that proper c*nt, the slightly envious onlookers would be saying to each other, hoping he’ll push the accelerator a smidge to hard and stove the front into a concrete bollard

SWv2
06-15-2018, 03:34 PM
I cant stand them. I would rather spend an entire day listening to the Style Council than attend a wedding. I genuinely mean that....

You must have done.....

I am better than this .......

Peter
06-15-2018, 03:36 PM
I am better than this .......

Its not exactly his golden era is it, lets be honest. I mean, the name alone......

SWv2
06-15-2018, 03:40 PM
Its not exactly his golden era is it, lets be honest. I mean, the name alone......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXWMtCpZH-o

I defy you to try and remain seated and not throw shapes.

Ash
06-15-2018, 03:43 PM

You must have done.....

Probably not, unless you heard the first Tubilah Dog album. :hehe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTOkX7YBpNw
(gets going properly at 2 mins. I did play something on this album, though not this track)

Much good music never sees the light of day, sadly. Of course that metaphor doesn't quite work but you get the idea.

SWv2
06-15-2018, 03:49 PM

(gets going properly at 2 mins. I did play something on this album, though not this track)

Much good music never sees the light of day, sadly. Of course that metaphor doesn't quite work but you get the idea.

Listen to much Hawkwind do they?

Peter
06-15-2018, 03:49 PM

Prog! :)

Not that there is anything wrong with that of course.....

Ash
06-15-2018, 03:59 PM
Prog! :)

Not that there is anything wrong with that of course.....

Psychedelic rock.

This is the one I played on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSlsOsBONxY

Most of the stuff I recorded isn't on the interwebs. Maybe I should put some up there.

Ash
06-15-2018, 04:00 PM
Listen to much Hawkwind do they?

Supported 'em, played as part of their lineup on some tours.

That Ganapti chap might have seen them at Stonehenge and the like back in the day.

SWv2
06-15-2018, 04:02 PM
Supported 'em, played as part of their lineup on some tours.

That Ganapti chap might have seen them at Stonehenge and the like back in the day.

I used to attend their all night affairs at Brixton Academy.

Blimey O’Reilly. They were eye opening!!

Peter
06-15-2018, 04:08 PM
Psychedelic rock.

This is the one I played on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSlsOsBONxY

Most of the stuff I recorded isn't on the interwebs. Maybe I should put some up there.

Sadly, a dying art form. Like leg spin or full backs who know how to defend.

Music ain't real no more :(

Peter
06-15-2018, 04:09 PM
I used to attend their all night affairs at Brixton Academy.

Blimey O’Reilly. They were eye opening!!

I would have you down for the all nighters at the George Robey.....

SWv2
06-15-2018, 04:12 PM
I would have you down for the all nighters at the George Robey.....

Robey was a stepping stone.

From Club Dog and other all-nighters in N5 with Ozric Tentacles to the harder stuff in South with Dave Brock and his assorted bunch of lunatics and support lunatics.

I am quite sure most of the crowd were lovely people but they could be scary as fúck.

Mind you there was a bunch of chaps who would be at the Robey who resembled something from early Mad Max movies, Mutoid something or other. They would quickly freak you out and have you running to hide in the corner.

Ash
06-15-2018, 04:26 PM
Robey was a stepping stone.

From Club Dog and other all-nighters in N5 with Ozric Tentacles to the harder stuff in South with Dave Brock and his assorted bunch of lunatics and support lunatics.

I am quite sure most of the crowd were lovely people but they could be scary as fúck.

Mind you there was a bunch of chaps who would be at the Robey who resembled something from early Mad Max movies, Mutoid something or other. They would quickly freak you out and have you running to hide in the corner.

Good chance you saw T Dog then. They played with Hawkwind around that period. Loons to a man as you say, but some great druggy times were had all the same.

Ash
06-15-2018, 04:30 PM
Sadly, a dying art form. Like leg spin or full backs who know how to defend.

Music ain't real no more :(

Tell you what, Clive, this vocoder b0llocks on the vocal that makes everything sound like a gay fish is going to sound proper fùcking toilet in a few years time when everyone realises that what they've been listening to for the last 20 years is a the equivalent of an 80s snare sample crossed with a DX7 mashed up with a flaired trouser.

Peter
06-15-2018, 07:23 PM
Good chance you saw T Dog then. They played with Hawkwind around that period. Loons to a man as you say, but some great druggy times were had all the same.

You cant argue with hawkwind.

barrybueno
06-15-2018, 09:16 PM
It's a bit meh imo!

He's no Boney M

Boney M

Now you've got my attention!