PDA

View Full Version : Noooooooooooooooooooooooo !

7sisters
06-14-2018, 01:16 PM
If true, I'm not happy about this. We don't want him and we don't want his sort.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/14/chelsea-reject-17-6m-transfer-offer-arsenal-david-luiz-7630947/

Tony C
06-14-2018, 01:22 PM
Can you imagine the shampoo bill if we get him and Fellaini :shrug:

Monty92
06-14-2018, 01:24 PM
If true, I'm not happy about this. We don't want him and we don't want his sort.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/14/chelsea-reject-17-6m-transfer-offer-arsenal-david-luiz-7630947/

This is another reason why we should have kept Wenger. He never bought players from other English clubs that we already had reason to hate. When he did buy them, they'd invariably be either inoffensive (Cech) or already old, **** and largely inconsequential (Silvestre)

Everything was just better under Wenger. Everything.

SWv2
06-14-2018, 01:29 PM

He is not a bad player as it goes. Bit you now, unreliable, all over the shop, at times. Should do well.

Relative bargain at that price all the same.

7sisters
06-14-2018, 01:35 PM
He is not a bad player as it goes. Bit you now, unreliable, all over the shop, at times. Should do well.

Relative bargain at that price all the same.

Perhaps, but not at our place, surely ? West Ham, Everton, even Brighton at this stage in his career. Just hoped we could set our sights a tad higher these days.

SWv2
06-14-2018, 01:43 PM
Perhaps, but not at our place, surely ? West Ham, Everton, even Brighton at this stage in his career. Just hoped we could set our sights a tad higher these days.

He is only 31, same age as the bubble lad from BVB we have been buying for weeks.

While we would all like to be aiming our sights higher we also have to come to terms with our perhaps slightly lower current (temporary) standing and appeal in the world of football.

If we are talking about very top level footballers we cannot offer CL football. Our location works in our favour but that location is shared by others. You can of course still attract the best by throwing money at them as United did with Pogba and others, but then that is not our style either (or wasn’t pre SM).

Sir C
06-14-2018, 01:46 PM
He is only 31, same age as the bubble lad from BVB we have been buying for weeks.

While we would all like to be aiming our sights higher we also have to come to terms with our perhaps slightly lower current (temporary) standing and appeal in the world of football.

If we are talking about very top level footballers we cannot offer CL football. Our location works in our favour but that location is shared by others. You can of course still attract the best by throwing money at them as United did with Pogba and others, but then that is not our style either (or wasn’t pre SM).

Of course players used to be attracted to us because of Arsene Wenger. But you ruined that.

SWv2
06-14-2018, 01:49 PM
Of course players used to be attracted to us because of Arsene Wenger. But you ruined that.

And players were attracted by our CL presence but Wenger ruined that.

:vsign:

Luis Anaconda
06-14-2018, 01:53 PM

He's a year older thank Sokratis in fact. And this is clearly *******s as Sokratis is in the bag. We'll then sign the young Turkish lad - bringing together two warring nations in a central defensive partnership for the ages.

SWv2
06-14-2018, 01:56 PM
He's a year older thank Sokratis in fact. And this is clearly *******s as Sokratis is in the bag. We'll then sign the young Turkish lad - bringing together two warring nations in a central defensive partnership for the ages.

I thought they were both 31. My error.

Where does Chambers fit in then, back 3? Like it.

p.s. of course it is *******s, it is the Metro.

7sisters
06-14-2018, 01:57 PM
I’m not sure our stock has fallen that low. We’re still the third richest club in the PL , according to Deloittes and 6th or 7th worldwide.. I couldn’t see Sideshow Bob being of any interest to any of the other top six clubs. Even Spurs are off loading Aldevirus, who I’d put in a higher bracket than Luis..

Luis Anaconda
06-14-2018, 02:03 PM

I have no idea what Unai is planning - quite exciting really

SWv2
06-14-2018, 02:06 PM
I’m not sure our stock has fallen that low. We’re still the third richest club in the PL , according to Deloittes and 6th or 7th worldwide.. I couldn’t see Sideshow Bob being of any interest to any of the other top six clubs. Even Spurs are off loading Aldevirus, who I’d put in a higher bracket than Luis..

I think your stock decreases a smidgeon once you have but EL football to offer, prolonged absence cannot help as one could argue the task of regaining the status becomes more difficult each year.

We could be the 2nd or 3rd or whatever richest club in the world as per reports from which consultancy firm you want, however balance sheet strength does not automatically equate with a willingness to spend money. See for example this much reported war chest of but £50m (could as easily be *******s).

Anyhow, far too early in the summer to be judging how we have dealt with transfers or the quality of player we have been able to attract. I suspect there is still 1-2 surprises ahead of us, both coming into and out of the club.

Ash
06-14-2018, 02:30 PM

Fulham, apparently. If they can haggle us down a bit.

SWv2
06-14-2018, 02:32 PM
Fulham, apparently. If they can haggle us down a bit.

Are you ****ting me?

I thought he did quite well towards the tail end of last season, a rare enough shard of bright light in a dark room full of shít.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-14-2018, 02:40 PM
Are you ****ting me?

I thought he did quite well towards the tail end of last season, a rare enough shard of bright light in a dark room full of shít.

If we sign the Turkish kid then Chambers or Mustafi will probably be sold. I imagine Mustafi is less likely as we'd have Sokratis and 3 youngsters.

IUFG
06-14-2018, 02:41 PM
Are you ****ting me?

Agreed.

If he does go to Fulham, it should be on a season long loan to finally prove he can cut it at this level.

SWv2
06-14-2018, 02:45 PM
If we sign the Turkish kid then Chambers or Mustafi will probably be sold. I imagine Mustafi is less likely as we'd have Sokratis and 3 youngsters.

This is true however a youngster cannot be a youngster for ever.

Chambers for example is 23 (I am learning a lot today on player's ages). He has been around the club for years, had his loan spell for experience, came back and done well / okay. He is surely now ready to play.

Mustafi would probably have a higher market value. Must be some fúckers out there without Sky.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-14-2018, 02:49 PM
This is true however a youngster cannot be a youngster for ever.

Chambers for example is 23 (I am learning a lot today on player's ages). He has been around the club for years, had his loan spell for experience, came back and done well / okay. He is surely now ready to play.

Mustafi would probably have a higher market value. Must be some fúckers out there without Sky.

I'd keep Chambers if it was my choice. I would sell Mustafi.......and Welbeck......and Perez......and Campbell. Exciting times anyway. New manager, new tactics, new keeper, new central defender, new midfield "general". I'm looking forward to a midfield three of Torreira/Xhaka/Ramsey. Probably the most balanced midfield we've had in a while.

SWv2
06-14-2018, 03:20 PM
I'd keep Chambers if it was my choice. I would sell Mustafi.......and Welbeck......and Perez......and Campbell. Exciting times anyway. New manager, new tactics, new keeper, new central defender, new midfield "general". I'm looking forward to a midfield three of Torreira/Xhaka/Ramsey. Probably the most balanced midfield we've had in a while.

Assuming Ramsey stays.

Ash
06-14-2018, 03:55 PM
Are you ****ting me?

I recall someone on here saying that whoever was responsible for signing Chambers should be shot. Do you remember that?

SWv2
06-14-2018, 04:01 PM
I recall someone on here saying that whoever was responsible for signing Chambers should be shot. Do you remember that?

No.

I am all for people being shot but don't recall that.

Unless of course you mean it was Peter. Clear as day.

Ash
06-14-2018, 04:06 PM
No.

I am all for people being shot but don't recall that.

Unless of course you mean it was Peter. Clear as day.

Actually I thought it was you. I might be mistaken, of course. we can all be a little hasty about players on a rough patch.

SWv2
06-14-2018, 04:10 PM
Actually I thought it was you. I might be mistaken, of course. we can all be a little hasty about players on a rough patch.

My only real recollection of Chambers before his loan spell was when he was used at right-back and specifically when he was footballistically destroyed in a game v Swansea, Montero I think on the wing.

On said occasion if anybody was to be shot (and they may well have been) quite sure I would have wanted Wenger to be shot for hanging the lad out to dry in such a fashion.