PDA

View Full Version : LOL! Chap at work's underling leaves, so I was talking to him about recruitment and

Burney
06-07-2018, 12:35 PM
he goes 'Actually, it's a lot easier now he's gone because I don't have to spend time managing him. He didn't really do that much and I can easily take on his work. Maybe we shouldn't bother recruiting?'

'Here it comes', thinks I and - sure enough - 24 hours later he's back telling me he'd need a massive pay rise in order to take on 'all this extra work'. Seems a bit nonplussed when I point out that he's already told me it's easier now this other bloke's gone and that he didn't do much anyway. On the basis of what he's said, I say, there can't be any justification for replacing the underling or for giving him a massive payrise.

Grumpiness ensues.

Silly cvnt. :hehe:

Sir C
06-07-2018, 12:43 PM
he goes 'Actually, it's a lot easier now he's gone because I don't have to spend time managing him. He didn't really do that much and I can easily take on his work. Maybe we shouldn't bother recruiting?'

'Here it comes', thinks I and - sure enough - 24 hours later he's back telling me he'd need a massive pay rise in order to take on 'all this extra work'. Seems a bit nonplussed when I point out that he's already told me it's easier now this other bloke's gone and that he didn't do much anyway. On the basis of what he's said, I say, there can't be any justification for replacing the underling or for giving him a massive payrise.

Grumpiness ensues.

He's played that spectacularly badly. Silly chap.

Give the poor **** a rise, b. It's not your money.

Burney
06-07-2018, 12:46 PM
He's played that spectacularly badly. Silly chap.

Give the poor **** a rise, b. It's not your money.

Oh, he'll probably get a bump. Just nothing like the one he's asked for.

Tony C
06-07-2018, 12:47 PM
Just pay him mate.

Do you really want to go through another batch of CVs with emotional intelligence and cosplay as strengths.

IUFG
06-07-2018, 12:48 PM

Grumpiness ensues.

Daft ****.

Him, not you.

Sir C
06-07-2018, 12:49 PM
Oh, he'll probably get a bump. Just nothing like the one he's asked for.

Good fellow.

Talking of a bump, cor, I could fancy a bump.

https://coub.com/view/z4tpg

IUFG
06-07-2018, 12:50 PM
Good fellow.

it'd kill you off, sc

Burney
06-07-2018, 12:51 PM
Good fellow.

I didn't think you even felt a pang anymore. I thought you were all about the clean living these days?

Sir C
06-07-2018, 12:53 PM
it'd kill you off, sc

"Balls. I'll swallow* it and run a mile."

*hoover

Burney
06-07-2018, 12:54 PM
Just pay him mate.

Do you really want to go through another batch of CVs with emotional intelligence and cosplay as strengths.

Fvck no. :-(

Sir C
06-07-2018, 12:55 PM
I didn't think you even felt a pang anymore. I thought you were all about the clean living these days?

Oh I'm quite ridiculously clean and fit. (Except for booze. Also red meat and fat.) That doesn't stop a chap occasionally missing the glory days.

My word, but I could shovel some away, b. :cloud9:

Viva Prat Vegas
06-07-2018, 12:56 PM
Tony C "Do you really want to go through another batch of CVs with emotional intelligence and cosplay as strengths. "

LOOOOOOOL!

Burney
06-07-2018, 12:57 PM
Oh I'm quite ridiculously clean and fit. (Except for booze. Also red meat and fat.) That doesn't stop a chap occasionally missing the glory days.

I remember. :-/

Sir C
06-07-2018, 01:03 PM
I remember. :-/

A friend of mine once drew me a line which was a map of the M25 with little nubs representing the A2, A13, A12, M11, A10, A1(M), M1, M40, M4, M3, A3, M23, A22 and A20, and invited me to finish it in one circular motion. A good half a g, it was. It was gone before you could say, 'Hold on, are you sure you're not going to OD?' :cloud9:

Peter
06-07-2018, 01:13 PM

I would love some but I do genuinely think it might kill me.

8 months clean :)

Sir C
06-07-2018, 01:16 PM
I would love some but I do genuinely think it might kill me.

8 months clean :)

30th April 2016. A date which will live in infamy. :-(

Peter
06-07-2018, 01:18 PM

Grumpiness ensues.

What a **** :)

Last week our friendly local policeman spoke to me about signing an agreement with our neighbours. During that conversation he acknowledged that the evidence was so poor, contradictory or non existent that it wouldnt get past his Sergeant let alone make it to the CPS.

At the end he asked me whether I would be willing to sign anything and I said no. He then says 'well if you wont cooperate we will have to let it run its course through the courts, sir'. I reminded him of his previous comment and he started to shuffle in his seat and refer to additional evidence that might be revealed.

I just told him that he must do as he sees fit and wished him luck. ****ing idiot :)

Peter
06-07-2018, 01:19 PM
30th April 2016. A date which will live in infamy. :-(

I rarely miss it. It is only when some ******* brings it up after a few drinks.

I have managed to avoid being in a situation where it is available. I have yet to be genuinely tested (ie offered some for free)....

Burney
06-07-2018, 01:30 PM
A friend of mine once drew me a line which was a map of the M25 with little nubs representing the A2, A13, A12, M11, A10, A1(M), M1, M40, M4, M3, A3, M23, A22 and A20, and invited me to finish it in one circular motion. A good half a g, it was. It was gone before you could say, 'Hold on, are you sure you're not going to OD?' :cloud9:

Clockwise or anti-clockwise?

Sir C
06-07-2018, 01:31 PM
Clockwise or anti-clockwise?

Widdershins, b. Thought we'd add a touch of the satanism to it.

Burney
06-07-2018, 01:36 PM
What a **** :)

Last week our friendly local policeman spoke to me about signing an agreement with our neighbours. During that conversation he acknowledged that the evidence was so poor, contradictory or non existent that it wouldnt get past his Sergeant let alone make it to the CPS.

At the end he asked me whether I would be willing to sign anything and I said no. He then says 'well if you wont cooperate we will have to let it run its course through the courts, sir'. I reminded him of his previous comment and he started to shuffle in his seat and refer to additional evidence that might be revealed.

I just told him that he must do as he sees fit and wished him luck. ****ing idiot :)

:hehe: So do tell, p. Who are these neighbours you've been racially abusing and what manner of forriner are they to have aroused your ire? It's blacks, isn't it? I can easily see you having a problem with the blacks.

Burney
06-07-2018, 01:40 PM
Widdershins, b. Thought we'd add a touch of the satanism to it.

Of course. And did it include the A282?

Sir C
06-07-2018, 01:42 PM
Of course. And did it include the A282?

He knew nothing of the bizarre nomenclature of the Dartford tunnel, for he was a foreign.

Viva Prat Vegas
06-07-2018, 01:47 PM
No wonder your nose is on the blink

Burney
06-07-2018, 01:47 PM
He knew nothing of the bizarre nomenclature of the Dartford tunnel, for he was a foreign.

Ah. Poor chap. We must make allowances for our benighted brethren, of course.

Sir C
06-07-2018, 01:49 PM
No wonder your nose is on the blink

It's had over two years to recover. Mind you, it did have about 30 years of abuse :-(

Burney
06-07-2018, 01:51 PM
It's had over two years to recover. Mind you, it did have about 30 years of abuse :-(

I'd say you're lucky still to have most of a septum, tbh. You could have done a Daniella Westbrook.

Sir C
06-07-2018, 01:53 PM
I'd say you're lucky still to have most of a septum, tbh. You could have done a Daniella Westbrook.

I wonder if they could do reconstructive surgery to open my nosehole? I'd have to 'fess up though, wouldn't I?

Burney
06-07-2018, 02:08 PM
I wonder if they could do reconstructive surgery to open my nosehole? I'd have to 'fess up though, wouldn't I?

You could just blame an allergy or an intolerance imo.

Or you could lend me do it with a Black And Decker.

Sir C
06-07-2018, 02:09 PM
You could just blame an allergy or an intolerance imo.

Or you could lend me do it with a Black And Decker.

If you put a power drill up my nose I will die, you appreciate that, do you?

Is that what you want, b? :-(

Burney
06-07-2018, 02:13 PM
If you put a power drill up my nose I will die, you appreciate that, do you?

Is that what you want, b? :-(

Never in life, soul. It would be the simple matter of a few seconds' work to rebore your nostril into functionality.

If you prefer, I could use a hammer and a six-inch nail. :shrug:

Peter
06-07-2018, 02:18 PM
:hehe: So do tell, p. Who are these neighbours you've been racially abusing and what manner of forriner are they to have aroused your ire? It's blacks, isn't it? I can easily see you having a problem with the blacks.

They are Brazilians, not black. I suspected they were a touch mental before I found out they are mormons which simply confirms it.

My dad's response was 'well what the ****ing hell are they doing over here' before he realised and said 'oh, its the bloody EU, son, that's how they get in, through ****ing Portugal'.....

Cheers dad, you are not really helping here :)

Burney
06-07-2018, 02:25 PM
They are Brazilians, not black. I suspected they were a touch mental before I found out they are mormons which simply confirms it.

My dad's response was 'well what the ****ing hell are they doing over here' before he realised and said 'oh, its the bloody EU, son, that's how they get in, through ****ing Portugal'.....

Cheers dad, you are not really helping here :)

Your dad's not wrong, though, is he?

Is it Silvinho and his family?

Peter
06-07-2018, 02:38 PM
Your dad's not wrong, though, is he?

Is it Silvinho and his family?

He isnt wrong, but if I had the same to the copper I would be facing court now. Apparently racism is a 'bit of a hot topic' at the moment.

A hot topic!!!!

Burney
06-07-2018, 02:42 PM
He isnt wrong, but if I had the same to the copper I would be facing court now. Apparently racism is a 'bit of a hot topic' at the moment.

A hot topic!!!!

Yes, you probably would. But I'd have no sympathy, since it would be entirely the fault of people like you who cheered loudly when Blair introduced the Racial and Religious Hatred Act in 2006.

As ye sow, so shall ye reap, p.

Peter
06-07-2018, 03:36 PM
Yes, you probably would. But I'd have no sympathy, since it would be entirely the fault of people like you who cheered loudly when Blair introduced the Racial and Religious Hatred Act in 2006.

As ye sow, so shall ye reap, p.

But I dont hate them, b.

WEll, I do hate them but not because of that.....

7sisters
06-07-2018, 04:45 PM
But I dont hate them, b.

WEll, I do hate them but not because of that.....

I feel the same about Indians these days. The continual phone scamming has forced me into pigeon holing them all as shysters and conmen, whose sole purpose is to liberate people from a life long's hard earned. Entirely unjust to the race as a whole of course but there you have it.
I run the very distinct risk of aiming a tirade of abuse at an eminent consultant one day, who's only mistake was to ring and notify me of some health check test result. :shrug: