PDA

View Full Version : Yet another TV subscription required

IUFG
06-07-2018, 11:03 AM
Fúcking Amazon now...

Who was it that said Sky needed competition to keep the punters in the best position?

3 subscriptions now needed instead of 1.

****s.

Luis Anaconda
06-07-2018, 11:18 AM
Fúcking Amazon now...

Who was it that said Sky needed competition to keep the punters in the best position?

****s.
:shrug: Already got it anyway. It's two games not really a big deal

IUFG
06-07-2018, 11:21 AM
:shrug: Already got it anyway. It's two games not really a big deal

the edge of the wedge is getting thicker, la

Won't be long before we can watch any match on any platform but are paying a tenner per game.

Luis Anaconda
06-07-2018, 11:29 AM
the edge of the wedge is getting thicker, la

Won't be long before we can watch any match on any platform but are paying a tenner per game.

Again :shrug: Do you think people should just get all this **** free? Plus that's what the pub is for - I can pretty much watch any Arsenal game now without giving any money to TV channels, just landlords. That's dedication, i

IUFG
06-07-2018, 11:34 AM
Again :shrug: Do you think people should just get all this **** free? Plus that's what the pub is for - I can pretty much watch any Arsenal game now without giving any money to TV channels, just landlords. That's dedication, i

No, it shouldn't be free. Though punters used to pay one subscription, Sky, say £900 a year for all televised games.

Now it is a grand a year on Sky, £300-400 on BT and £80 on Amazon.

Still, someone has to pay for Bellerin's wardrobe.

And, wd the pub, btw

Luis Anaconda
06-07-2018, 11:37 AM
No, it shouldn't be free. Though punters used to pay one subscription, Sky, say £900 a year for all televised games.

And, wd the pub, btw
Fair points all round. Mind you - even when I had Sky I couldn't watch Arsenal games at home as it upset the neighbours

Ash
06-07-2018, 11:40 AM
Fair points all round. Mind you - even when I had Sky I couldn't watch Arsenal games at home as it upset the neighbours

Yes, I expect there's only so many times one can hear the words "Mike Dean, you Kunt" before one starts banging on the walls.

IUFG
06-07-2018, 11:43 AM

and...it's about time we ditched this anachronistic TV blackout rule which prevents live football from being broiadcast between 2.45pm and 5.15pm on Saturdays. A rule decided upon in the 1960s

I'd quite happily pay a fiver on top to watch, say, an Arsenal away match in 4K at 3pm on a Saturday. That said, how many Saturday 3pm kicks did we have last year? La, you will know this... ;-)

Ash
06-07-2018, 11:44 AM

People with season tickets for their club should get reduced subscriptions imo. Without any fans the TV companies have less of a product, and with actually attending games and travelling and drinking in the pub all day etc they won't be at home as much to watch what they've paid for.

Luis Anaconda
06-07-2018, 11:49 AM
Yes, I expect there's only so many times one can hear the words "Mike Dean, you Kunt" before one starts banging on the walls.

I think watching a replay of the England Portugal match in 2006 at 2am after I just moved in put everyone's backs up. I was not happy with Frank Lampard's performance

Luis Anaconda
06-07-2018, 11:51 AM
and...it's about time we ditched this anachronistic TV blackout rule which prevents live football from being broiadcast between 2.45pm and 5.15pm on Saturdays. A rule decided upon in the 1960s

I'd quite happily pay a fiver on top to watch, say, an Arsenal away match in 4K at 3pm on a Saturday. That said, how many Saturday 3pm kicks did we have last year? La, you will know this... ;-)
None here - they were all 4pm :) but with the Europa league not many at all

Burney
06-07-2018, 11:51 AM
People with season tickets for their club should get reduced subscriptions imo. Without any fans the TV companies have less of a product, and with actually attending games and travelling and drinking in the pub all day etc they won't be at home as much to watch what they've paid for.

Thing is, though, they seem to give some of their content away quite freely. I got a full online Sky Sports package free with my Vodafone contract. My folks get BT Sport free as BT customers and I can log into that any time I want (again on-line). So effectively, I can watch every televised game, the cricket, etc, etc quite legally without directly paying for any of it. I think that would p1ss me off if I were paying full whack for the TV package. :shrug:

Ash
06-07-2018, 11:53 AM
Fúcking Amazon now...

****s.

I believe it was the EU who decided that Sky's monopoly was a Bad Thing, and that competition was required. Sadly their definition of competition didn't actually mean real competition, where we get a choice of which channel we watch our chosen game on, but a divvying up of the games where we end up paying much much more for the same thing. Setanta, ESPN and BT - all terrible.

I used to value my Sky subscription. Now I often feel I should drop it.

PSRB
06-07-2018, 11:59 AM

And, wd the pub, btw

Made my wife's Prime subscription even better value, imo

Tony C
06-07-2018, 12:03 PM
If Amazon are streaming it then it will be easily accessible on other sites imo