PDA

View Full Version : I'e started watching thon Jeremy Thorpe programme.

Sir C
06-06-2018, 09:31 AM
There's quite a lot of kissing, isn't there? :-(

Imagine kissing Hugh Grant. :-(

Burney
06-06-2018, 09:34 AM
There's quite a lot of kissing, isn't there? :-(

Imagine kissing Hugh Grant. :-(

I found it odd the way in the last two episodes they used Hertford (and specifically the Salisbury Arms) to look like Barnstaple. I know Barnstaple very well and went there a lot in the 70s and 80s. It looked (and looks) nothing like Barnstaple. This irritated me. Why not just shoot it in Barnstaple, ffs?

I appreciate this is a niche concern.

PSRB
06-06-2018, 09:40 AM
I found it odd the way in the last two episodes they used Hertford (and specifically the Salisbury Arms) to look like Barnstaple. I know Barnstaple very well and went there a lot in the 70s and 80s. It looked (and looks) nothing like Barnstaple. This irritated me. Why not just shoot it in Barnstaple, ffs?

I appreciate this is a niche concern.

I started watching the TV series of Snatch, which obviously, is supposed to be set in London's East End but it was clearly filmed in Manchester. It annoyed me so much I had to stop watching it.........it was also ****e

Burney
06-06-2018, 09:42 AM
I started watching the TV series of Snatch, which obviously, is supposed to be set in London's East End but it was clearly filmed in Manchester. It annoyed me so much I had to stop watching it.........it was also ****e

I'm glad someone else feels my pain, psrb. At one point, a character was shown driving off up a street in 'Barnstaple' (actually Hertford) that I know is a dead end and certainly wouldn't get him to London. Grrr!

Ash
06-06-2018, 10:05 AM

Dirk Gently was supposed to be in Islington but was fillumed in Bristol or somesuch place that isn't London at all. Spoiled it somewhat.

I realise London isn't an easy place to film but meh. Pffft. Bof.

PSRB
06-06-2018, 10:09 AM
Dirk Gently was supposed to be in Islington but was fillumed in Bristol or somesuch place that isn't London at all. Spoiled it somewhat.

I realise London isn't an easy place to film but meh. Pffft. Bof.

Most films supposedly set in New York are nearly all filmed in various Canadian cities