PDA

View Full Version : My word. Remember how Neville Southall tended towards the fuller figure?

Sir C
06-04-2018, 12:06 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jun/04/neville-southall-flak-sex-workers-lgbt-issues

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-04-2018, 12:08 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jun/04/neville-southall-flak-sex-workers-lgbt-issues

Perhaps Mourinho can park him in front of a goal?

IUFG
06-04-2018, 12:55 PM

I remember him waving to the North Bank with his fat, fúcking 'No entry' sign goalkeeping gloves then getting dog's abuse the entire half :cloud9:.

Burney
06-04-2018, 01:14 PM

I read that as 'I get quite a bit of flak because I stick it up sex workers'

Sir C
06-04-2018, 01:18 PM
I read that as 'I get quite a bit of flak because I stick it up sex workers'

I confess, I should not wish to be the sex worker condemned to express pleasure whilst Nev heaved and sweated upon me. Even though he seems impeccably woke.

Burney
06-04-2018, 01:21 PM
I confess, I should not wish to be the sex worker condemned to express pleasure whilst Nev heaved and sweated upon me. Even though he seems impeccably woke.

He appears to have eaten a food bank.

At one point he was a ridiculously good goalkeeper, wasn't he? Or am I making it up?

Sir C
06-04-2018, 01:25 PM

At one point he was a ridiculously good goalkeeper, wasn't he? Or am I making it up?

No, he was terrific when Everton were winning things.

Welsh though. Always Welsh.

Burney
06-04-2018, 01:29 PM
No, he was terrific when Everton were winning things.

Welsh though. Always Welsh.

We were staying just across the way from this place in Paris. I basically coveted everything in there and was only saved from bankruptcy by the fact that I only had one suitcase.

https://www.edehillerin.fr/en/

Luis Anaconda
06-04-2018, 01:30 PM

He was incredible - second only to Schmeichel in keepers I have seen in the English top flight (possibly Seaman would be up there as well - speaking of which this is a bit unfortunately put: "“I can’t speak for all sex workers but, personally, I welcome input from Neville".)

Peter
06-04-2018, 01:33 PM
He was incredible - second only to Schmeichel in keepers I have seen in the English top flight (possibly Seaman would be up there as well - speaking of which this is a bit unfortunately put: "“I can’t speak for all sex workers but, personally, I welcome input from Neville".)

Seaman was better than both of them but you know that :)

Sir C
06-04-2018, 01:37 PM
We were staying just across the way from this place in Paris. I basically coveted everything in there and was only saved from bankruptcy by the fact that I only had one suitcase.

https://www.edehillerin.fr/en/

Good Lord. A place to spend a whole day browsing...

PSRB
06-04-2018, 01:46 PM

Speaking of ex-Everton players, we are currently heavily linked with Fellaini.........

Luis Anaconda
06-04-2018, 01:59 PM
Seaman was better than both of them but you know that :)

It was a rare attempt to sound impartial, p

Luis Anaconda
06-04-2018, 02:00 PM
Speaking of ex-Everton players, we are currently heavily linked with Fellaini.........

Please say you are joking

Sir C
06-04-2018, 02:00 PM

Is this someone's idea of a sick joke? Why, the fúcker's Belgian!

Peter
06-04-2018, 02:03 PM
It was a rare attempt to sound impartial, p

Southall was very, very good indeed.

It's just..... well, there is good, there is great, then there is genius.

Peter
06-04-2018, 02:03 PM
Is this someone's idea of a sick joke? Why, the fúcker's Belgian!

That needn't be an issue. Being **** should be the more significant barrier.

PSRB
06-04-2018, 02:07 PM
That needn't be an issue. Being **** should be the more significant barrier.

He's not THAT bad, can hold the ball up well, decent in the air but not exactly what we're crying out for.

Should never have sold Giroud

Peter
06-04-2018, 02:12 PM
He's not THAT bad, can hold the ball up well, decent in the air but not exactly what we're crying out for.

I would rephrase slightly- he is EXACTLY what we are NOT crying out for.

It is too much to ask for them to unearth a new Vieira? How hard can it be???

Luis Anaconda
06-04-2018, 02:27 PM

AAAGH - Stop saying that. We couldn't have got Aubameyang without losing Giroud. Besides, his hold-up play mostly consisted of loising headers and complaining he was fouled plus the occasionally lovely touch. Wasn't exactly Alan Smith now was he.

Peter
06-04-2018, 02:31 PM
AAAGH - Stop saying that. We couldn't have got Aubameyang without losing Giroud. Besides, his hold-up play mostly consisted of loising headers and complaining he was fouled plus the occasionally lovely touch. Wasn't exactly Alan Smith now was he.

Should never have sold Niall Quinn :)

PSRB
06-04-2018, 02:32 PM

But he's sooooooo handsome.

Sir C
06-04-2018, 02:39 PM

Are we really arguing for or against a big lad upfront to hold the ball up? Really? In 2018?

Thank God jorge died beofre reading this shít.

IUFG
06-04-2018, 02:42 PM
Are we really arguing for or against a big lad upfront to hold the ball up? Really? In 2018?

Thank God jorge died beofre reading this shít.

:fourfourtwo:

:bigmanlittleman:

Sir C
06-04-2018, 02:48 PM
:fourfourtwo:

:bigmanlittleman:

Jennings boots it long, it goes to Rix on the wing, he beats the full back and crosses from the bye-line, Stapleton nods it down and Sunderland smashes it onto the roof of the North Bank :cloud9:

PSRB
06-04-2018, 02:58 PM
Jennings boots it long, it goes to Rix on the wing, he beats the full back and crosses from the bye-line, Stapleton nods it down and Sunderland smashes it onto the roof of the North Bank :cloud9:

See also: Lee Chapman, Paul Mariner, etc

Sir C
06-04-2018, 03:00 PM
See also: Lee Chapman, Paul Mariner, etc

Lee Chapman :hehe:

Now Mariner was a bit shít because he was old and tired, but Chapman... He couldn't even run. He was rubbish of the first order.

Burney
06-04-2018, 03:01 PM

I loved Stapleton as a kid, but it did sometimes feel as though the major use he had for his feet was to propel himself into the air in order to meet the ball with his big, square head.

Sir C
06-04-2018, 03:04 PM
I loved Stapleton as a kid, but it did sometimes feel as though the major use he had for his feet was to propel himself into the air in order to meet the ball with his big, square head.

Yes, he really should have been German, shouldn't he?

The Manyoo ****.

PSRB
06-04-2018, 03:04 PM

Now Mariner was a bit shít because he was old and tired, but Chapman... He couldn't even run. He was rubbish of the first order.

Only Arsenal player I've ever truly hated. Mostly because I was rather jealous of him having snagged Leslie Ash as his wife (pre-trout pout).

He was ****ing terrible.

IUFG
06-04-2018, 03:05 PM

:hehe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9-Wg2xtbCw

Luis Anaconda
06-04-2018, 03:19 PM

I assume the full back was black :satire:

Sir C
06-04-2018, 03:29 PM
I assume the full back was black :satire:

Lols! Good job it wasn't a little girl or he'd have fúcked it! :subtlehumour:

Peter
06-04-2018, 03:30 PM

Wow...... very subtle :hehe::hehe:

Burney
06-04-2018, 03:31 PM

I think it's important to point out that he only went evil when he went to work at Chelsea. He was fine with us. No noncing or racism whatsoever.

Luis Anaconda
06-04-2018, 03:41 PM
I think it's important to point out that he only went evil when he went to work at Chelsea. He was fine with us. No noncing or racism whatsoever.

And he was better than Hoddle in those days

Sir C
06-04-2018, 03:42 PM

:nod: We all agreed.

Witharby 2-3 weeks
06-04-2018, 03:44 PM
Popped in to say Nev looks a fine figure of a man. Nothing wrong there.
As for your review of awful ''Big man up front'' Shame on you for not mentioning the golden era of Hawley/Hankin. It may have only been half a dozen games or so but they left indelible memories. LA obviously going senile for forgetting this. Maybe just pickled.
Bye

Burney
06-04-2018, 03:47 PM
:nod: We all agreed.

Yeah. He wasn’t, though, was he? :-\

Peter
06-04-2018, 03:47 PM

I recall his latter years with us. He was a bit **** by then....

Burney
06-04-2018, 03:48 PM
I recall his latter years with us. He was a bit **** by then....

Yeah, but as far as we’re aware, he didn’t fùck any kids, so there’s that.

Sir C
06-04-2018, 03:51 PM
Yeah. He wasn’t, though, was he? :-\

Christ no, he wasn't fit to lace Hoddle's boots. :-(

Peter
06-04-2018, 03:57 PM
Yeah, but as far as we’re aware, he didn’t fùck any kids, so there’s that.

He went to France didnt he? Maybe he got in the habit there....

Certainly, as far as we aware, he did not commit any sexual offences during his time with us. We can be proud of that

Peter
06-04-2018, 03:57 PM

Liam Brady was quite good though...

Burney
06-04-2018, 03:59 PM

And the thing is he must have known that himself. Imagine thousands of people singing something about your capabilities for years that you know to be untrue. It must eventually start to feel mocking and wear away at your soul.

Maybe that's why he became a racist nonce? :-(

Burney
06-04-2018, 04:04 PM
He went to France didnt he? Maybe he got in the habit there....

Certainly, as far as we aware, he did not commit any sexual offences during his time with us. We can be proud of that

No. Mind you, he probably didn't get as many opportunities with Rafael Meade around.

Sir C
06-04-2018, 04:07 PM
Liam Brady was quite good though...

Brady was better than Hoddle. Brady could do all the fancy bits Hoddle did, but he also made tackles like, you know, a midfield player.

Sir C
06-04-2018, 04:08 PM
Popped in to say Nev looks a fine figure of a man. Nothing wrong there.
As for your review of awful ''Big man up front'' Shame on you for not mentioning the golden era of Hawley/Hankin. It may have only been half a dozen games or so but they left indelible memories. LA obviously going senile for forgetting this. Maybe just pickled.
Bye

Cheerio Withnail! How nice to hear from you.

Do come back again. We miss you so.

Burney
06-04-2018, 04:10 PM
Brady was better than Hoddle. Brady could do all the fancy bits Hoddle did, but he also made tackles like, you know, a midfield player.

Hmmm. He's marked down for his lack of luxuriant hair, hit singles and bizarre religious conversions, though.