PDA

View Full Version : What dark, dark arts they now practise in the Kremlin. They murder journalists then

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-30-2018, 02:39 PM
bring the ****s back to life!

eastgermanautos
05-30-2018, 05:10 PM
bring the ****s back to life!

Part of their new Ultimate Warrior program there, pal. Unkillable on the battlefield. You have to behead them.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-30-2018, 08:40 PM
Part of their new Ultimate Warrior program there, pal. Unkillable on the battlefield. You have to behead them.

life. What was it called?

Tony C
05-31-2018, 08:58 AM
Universal Soldier...the original Pre Coke Van Damme vs Lord Dolph of Lundgren :bow:

Ash
05-31-2018, 01:19 PM
If ever I suggest that Russia's opponents use fake news to slur the Kremlin I get pilloried and abused for it. Yet here we have a clear case of just that from the odious regime in Kiev.

It would be nice to think that this blatant and clumsy forgery will encourage people to exercise some critical thinking when the next wave of Russophobic propaganda arrives, and it is never more than a few days or weeks away, but I am not optimistic of this.

Ash
05-31-2018, 01:22 PM
life. What was it called?

:nod: Jason and the Argonauts. 1963. Triffic fillum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF_Fi7x93PY

WES
05-31-2018, 01:48 PM
If ever I suggest that Russia's opponents use fake news to slur the Kremlin I get pilloried and abused for it. Yet here we have a clear case of just that from the odious regime in Kiev.

It would be nice to think that this blatant and clumsy forgery will encourage people to exercise some critical thinking when the next wave of Russophobic propaganda arrives, and it is never more than a few days or weeks away, but I am not optimistic of this.

Equally it would be nice if people who refuse to admit that Russia is a gangster state run by gangsters would not use this incident to discredit all reports of the atrocities/criminal activity committed by Putin and his gang.

I look forward to this incident being leveraged by Vlad when the MH17 investigation is completed by JIT and provides a mountain of evidence that the Russians were guilty of murdering 283 people and refusing to admit it.

Ash
05-31-2018, 01:59 PM
Equally it would be nice if people who refuse to admit that Russia is a gangster state run by gangsters would not use this incident to discredit all reports of the atrocities/criminal activity committed by Putin and his gang.

I look forward to this incident being leveraged by Vlad when the MH17 investigation is completed by JIT and provides a mountain of evidence that the Russians were guilty of murdering 283 people and refusing to admit it.

The 'mountain' of evidence being provided by ... wait for it ... the Ukrainian secret service? And the freelance NATO shill Bellingcat?

What possible motive would the Russian government have for shooting down that aircraft? It may have been a mistake by anti-Kiev forces but Cui Bono? Not the Kremlin.

Luis Anaconda
05-31-2018, 02:04 PM

It was hardly fake news in the now sadly conventional sense. Perpetrators of fake news don’t come out the next day and say “tada- only kidding” - that really defeats the point. It was a sting to catch a would-be assassin and as such seems to have worked. Whether it was Russia-backed or not doesn’t alter the fact that Putin leads a vicious murderous regime :shrug:

WES
05-31-2018, 02:07 PM
The 'mountain' of evidence being provided by ... wait for it ... the Ukrainian secret service? And the freelance NATO shill Bellingcat?

What possible motive would the Russian government have for shooting down that aircraft? It may have been a mistake by anti-Kiev forces but Cui Bono? Not the Kremlin.

Nice to see you haven't lost your objectivity on all things Russian, Ash. :-)

No, that would be the mountain of evidence from the international investigation team, from the Guardian that noted right wing paper:

The joint investigation team (JIT) looking into the incident is made up of Dutch prosecutors and police and others from Australia, Malaysia and Ukraine. They showed photos and video of the convoy that carried the missile system over the border from Russia to Ukraine, and a series of distinctive markings and serial numbers which they said had enabled them to trace the exact system used in the attack, and trace it to the 53rd brigade.

And the motive was that they made a mistake. The problem being that they made it when in an area they weren't meant to be in, an area they denied they had entered.

Does Putin have a video of you p1ssing on prostitutes, Ash?

Peter
05-31-2018, 02:10 PM
It was hardly fake news in the now sadly conventional sense. Perpetrators of fake news don’t come out the next day and say “tada- only kidding” - that really defeats the point. It was a sting to catch a would-be assassin and as such seems to have worked. Whether it was Russia-backed or not doesn’t alter the fact that Putin leads a vicious murderous regime :shrug:

It might be used as further evidence that Russia are becoming increasingly **** at it. THey choose a pizza restaurant here and completely **** it up to the extent that both victims are still alive, and then they walk into a trap in Kiev.

Worst murderous regime ever! They dont seem to actually be able to kill anyone.

Peter
05-31-2018, 02:12 PM

No, that would be the mountain of evidence from the international investigation team, from the Guardian that noted right wing paper:

The joint investigation team (JIT) looking into the incident is made up of Dutch prosecutors and police and others from Australia, Malaysia and Ukraine. They showed photos and video of the convoy that carried the missile system over the border from Russia to Ukraine, and a series of distinctive markings and serial numbers which they said had enabled them to trace the exact system used in the attack, and trace it to the 53rd brigade.

And the motive was that they made a mistake. The problem being that they made it when in an area they weren't meant to be in, an area they denied they had entered.

Their motive was that they made a mistake? So they deliberately did the wrong thing? That isa head ****.

Yet more evidence of Russian incompetence. When they finally manage to kill people it is the wrong bloody people. :)

Useless ****s....

WES
05-31-2018, 02:16 PM
Their motive was that they made a mistake? So they deliberately did the wrong thing? That isa head ****.

Yet more evidence of Russian incompetence. When they finally manage to kill people it is the wrong bloody people. :)

Useless ****s....

Oh the Russians have always been phenomenal f*ckups when it comes to war, Peter. If they hadn't outnumbered the Nazis by about 5 to 1 and hadn't had a complete disregard for the lives of their soldiers they would all be speaking German right now. As might the French, actually.

Anyway, flippancy aside, the point is that Putin is a gangster and Russia is a gangster state, something that the opposition in Russia is only too happy to tell you and something that has a mountain of evidence on its side.

Lord knows that Ash does with his not inconsiderable intellectual capacity when someone mentions Russia. :shrug:

Peter
05-31-2018, 02:39 PM
Oh the Russians have always been phenomenal f*ckups when it comes to war, Peter. If they hadn't outnumbered the Nazis by about 5 to 1 and hadn't had a complete disregard for the lives of their soldiers they would all be speaking German right now. As might the French, actually.

Anyway, flippancy aside, the point is that Putin is a gangster and Russia is a gangster state, something that the opposition in Russia is only too happy to tell you and something that has a mountain of evidence on its side.

Lord knows that Ash does with his not inconsiderable intellectual capacity when someone mentions Russia. :shrug:

I dont think they did outnumber the nazis 5 to 1 and if it werent for them we would all 'be speaking german rightnow'.....

Anyway, my point is I think the Russians get a bad press :)

WES
05-31-2018, 02:55 PM
I dont think they did outnumber the nazis 5 to 1 and if it werent for them we would all 'be speaking german rightnow'.....

Anyway, my point is I think the Russians get a bad press :)

Russians generally and historically - yes, absolutely.

The Putin regime? No, it deserves far worse than it is getting.

Peter
05-31-2018, 03:11 PM
Russians generally and historically - yes, absolutely.

The Putin regime? No, it deserves far worse than it is getting.

Well they would get a far worse press if they didn't keep killing them all. So you can kind of see why they would it (not that I am saying they do).....

Ash
05-31-2018, 03:16 PM

The Guardian is a fervently anti-Russian publication btw, and I understand the JIT is using Ukrainian sources while rejecting Russian ones. Hardly balanced. I can't find the link right now where the Ukrainian mililtary claimed to have had the border with Russia completely sealed at the time this alleged missile system crossed the border but if you are genuinely interested I can try and dig it up for you. I think you will find that pro-Kiev forces had BUK missiles too, FWIW.

And a mistake isn't a motive, as I said earlier.

No, Vlado doesn't have a video of me pissing on prostitues. Would you like to talk about Trump-Russia too, and how those allegations against Russia are going after a year and a half of intensive investigations?

Or are you only really interested in making personal attacks against me for not subscribing to the prevailing narrative?

Ash
05-31-2018, 03:37 PM

Do we have evidence of this sting yet, or is it a claim from the Ukrainian government? And why, if they know who this middleman is, would they need to stage this stunt to arrest him?

14 journalists were actually murdered in Ukraine in 2016. I didn't notice those getting such attention over here.

WES
05-31-2018, 03:47 PM
The Guardian is a fervently anti-Russian publication btw, and I understand the JIT is using Ukrainian sources while rejecting Russian ones. Hardly balanced. I can't find the link right now where the Ukrainian mililtary claimed to have had the border with Russia completely sealed at the time this alleged missile system crossed the border but if you are genuinely interested I can try and dig it up for you. I think you will find that pro-Kiev forces had BUK missiles too, FWIW.

And a mistake isn't a motive, as I said earlier.

No, Vlado doesn't have a video of me pissing on prostitues. Would you like to talk about Trump-Russia too, and how those allegations against Russia are going after a year and a half of intensive investigations?

Or are you only really interested in making personal attacks against me for not subscribing to the prevailing narrative?

The motive being a mistake was a tongue in cheek comment, thought that was obvious. Same with the pissing prostitutes. They made a mistake and then covered it up for obvious reasons.

You know why I think you lack objectivity on this subject, Ash. It's because your justifications for you skepticism are illogical and you are not an illogical man.

See above. First you claim that the Ukrainian sources can't be trusted. Then you claim the Russians couldn't have shot down the airliner because the Ukrainians claimed to have sealed the border at the time. So sometimes you can trust the Ukrainians and others you can't? And it's beyond the realm of possibility that when they claimed the border was sealed they were wrong?

Sorry, that's just illogical and suggests a lack of objectivity.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-31-2018, 03:50 PM
No, Vlado doesn't have a video of me pissing on prostitues.

I see you do not deny, however, that such videos exist.

Peter
05-31-2018, 03:55 PM
The motive being a mistake was a tongue in cheek comment, thought that was obvious. Same with the pissing prostitutes. They made a mistake and then covered it up for obvious reasons.

You know why I think you lack objectivity on this subject, Ash. It's because your justifications for you skepticism are illogical and you are not an illogical man.

See above. First you claim that the Ukrainian sources can't be trusted. Then you claim the Russians couldn't have shot down the airliner because the Ukrainians claimed to have sealed the border at the time. So sometimes you can trust the Ukrainians and others you can't? And it's beyond the realm of possibility that when they claimed the border was sealed they were wrong?

Sorry, that's just illogical and suggests a lack of objectivity.

I dont think he did say Ukrainian sources couldnt be trusted. He said that using Ukrainian sources and not russian ones is unbalanced, which it is. Not wrong, not inaccurate, just unbalanced.

I dont think any of this is a matter of logic. It seems to rest entirely on who one chooses to believe. I choose to believe none of them because I know that all governments lie when it comes to stuff like this. And quite right too.

THe 'evidence' is often referrred to but never completely revealed, for obvious reasons.

Peter
05-31-2018, 03:57 PM
I see you do not deny, however, that such videos exist.

He merely answered the question he was asked.

Where a man chooses to urinate is his own business, to an extent.

Sir C
05-31-2018, 03:57 PM
I dont think he did say Ukrainian sources couldnt be trusted. He said that using Ukrainian sources and not russian ones is unbalanced, which it is. Not wrong, not inaccurate, just unbalanced.

I dont think any of this is a matter of logic. It seems to rest entirely on who one chooses to believe. I choose to believe none of them because I know that all governments lie when it comes to stuff like this. And quite right too.

THe 'evidence' is often referrred to but never completely revealed, for obvious reasons.

The thing is, when one has travelled a little and been subjected to Russians, one understands that they are, quite simply, barbaric.

That, I am afraid, is an end to it.

WES
05-31-2018, 03:59 PM

Beyond referring to the 'odious regime in Kiev' and questioning anything produced by the Ukrainian Secret Service, you mean? :hehe:

Peter
05-31-2018, 04:06 PM
Beyond referring to the 'odious regime in Kiev' and questioning anything produced by the Ukrainian Secret Service, you mean? :hehe:

One can be odious and trustworthy. I cant see where he questioned anything produced by the Ukrainian secret service, just in relation to that one incident. Anyway, I thought you were referring to that one post :)

Peter
05-31-2018, 04:07 PM
The thing is, when one has travelled a little and been subjected to Russians, one understands that they are, quite simply, barbaric.

Barbarism begins at home, as a fella once said.

I accept this isnt strictly relevant.....

redgunamo
05-31-2018, 06:45 PM
Barbarism begins at home, as a fella once said.

I accept this isnt strictly relevant.....

In fairness, he's quite right about that, especially at my home; something called "Banoffee Pie" for pudding tonight :-\

Peter
06-01-2018, 08:55 AM
In fairness, he's quite right about that, especially at my home; something called "Banoffee Pie" for pudding tonight :-\

You should try vegan omelettes. :(

WES
06-01-2018, 08:58 AM

Banoffee pie is ace, red. Even the posh places do it nowadays it is so popular/delicious. :eat:

Peter
06-01-2018, 09:09 AM
Banoffee pie is ace, red. Even the posh places do it nowadays it is so popular/delicious. :eat:

It is nowhere near as good as it sounds. I love the idea but am always left unimpressed by the result.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
06-01-2018, 09:32 AM

When I lived in Cold War Berlin c, I frequently witnessed* Russian soldiers violating young maidens while simultaneously guzzling down fiery vodka and bayoneting innocent children. Barbarians to a man.

*Might not have actually seen it but certain it happened.

IUFG
06-01-2018, 09:50 AM
You should try vegan omelettes. :(

an omelette is made with eggs, p. Ergo it ain't vegan.

an article made without eggs cannot be an omelette.

the French have got this food naming stuff right, tbf to them.

Anyway, what were the constituent parts of this vegan concoction?

Luis Anaconda
06-01-2018, 09:53 AM

Precisley, i. Or to put it more succinctly Un oeuf is un oeuf

Sir C
06-01-2018, 09:54 AM
When I lived in Cold War Berlin c, I frequently witnessed* Russian soldiers violating young maidens while simultaneously guzzling down fiery vodka and bayoneting innocent children. Barbarians to a man.

*Might not have actually seen it but certain it happened.

That's nothing, h. A couple of years ago a ferry connection meant I had to overnight on Phuket, which I was anxious to avoid because it has been overrun by British and German package holiday types, like wes.

I was wrong. It was overrun with fat, string-vested Russians, gobbing in the strike and shouting at the locals. :-( Like wes.

Peter
06-01-2018, 10:01 AM

It has tofu, and some kind of stuff that smells like farts and tastes like it. Then you put in a variety of spices and condiments in a desperate attempt to cover up the taste of it.

I just have a bit of toast instead.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
06-01-2018, 10:33 AM
Unfair on the Russians c, who will at least have some sense of history. Canadia, where wes is from, was only invented about ten years ago I believe, which explains their impossibly infantile behaviour. The country is still in its infancy ya see?

Did you get any good noncing in while you were in Phuket?

Sir C
06-01-2018, 10:40 AM
Precisley, i. Or to put it more succinctly Un oeuf is un oeuf

Nice. Nice.

Sir C
06-01-2018, 10:42 AM
Unfair on the Russians c, who will at least have some sense of history. Canadia, where wes is from, was only invented about ten years ago I believe, which explains their impossibly infantile behaviour. The country is still in its infancy ya see?

Did you get any good noncing in while you were in Phuket?

:sigh: South east Asia is just a sex tourism destination as far as you're concerned, isn't it h? Never mind the wonders of Mandalay, the splendour of Angkor Wat, the mystery of the Plain of Jars, the beauty of the karsts of Krabi, no, you just see LBFMs :rolleyes:

Anyway, of course I did.

WES
06-01-2018, 10:52 AM
It is nowhere near as good as it sounds. I love the idea but am always left unimpressed by the result.

To be fair, Peter, I think we have all concluded that your knowledge of food - like your evaluation of goalkeepers - is limited.

Banoffee pie varies from good to outstanding. Banana, toffee and whipped cream is difficult to screw up.