PDA

View Full Version : Coffee Disaster

Ash
05-30-2018, 09:03 AM
They didn't have any Colombian or Guatemalan coffee in the shop so I took a punt on Kenyan.

It's crap, but worst of all I fell for the old buy two and get about fifty pee off each one. :-(

What a mug!

Sir C
05-30-2018, 09:09 AM
They didn't have any Colombian or Guatemalan coffee in the shop so I took a punt on Kenyan.

It's crap, but worst of all I fell for the old buy two and get about fifty pee off each one. :-(

What a mug!

You work in the west end a, don't you? Are you not buying your coffee from the Algerian shop in Old Compton St?

WES
05-30-2018, 09:10 AM

What a mug!

Is good coffee and bad coffee really *that* different, though? I must confess that provided it has a strong coffee flavor I struggle to distinguish between any of the major coffee places' products. Nero, Starbucks, Costa, the little trendy places - they all taste pretty much the same to me.

I remember that pretentious, ginger dwarf Harvey (PBUH) assuring me once that Starbucks was terrible and niche, one-off coffee houses were wonderful. I struggled to see the difference and just assumed he was being a tw@t. :shrug:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-30-2018, 09:12 AM
You work in the west end a, don't you? Are you not buying your coffee from the Algerian shop in Old Compton St?

trouble making homosexual doesn't buy his coffee from the Algerian shop in Old Compton Street?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-30-2018, 09:13 AM
Is good coffee and bad coffee really *that* different, though? I must confess that provided it has a strong coffee flavor I struggle to distinguish between any of the major coffee places' products. Nero, Starbucks, Costa, the little trendy places - they all taste pretty much the same to me.

I remember that pretentious, ginger dwarf Harvey (PBUH) assuring me once that Starbucks was terrible and niche, one-off coffee houses were wonderful. I struggled to see the difference and just assumed he was being a tw@t. :shrug:

An assumption about IH's twát-housery would rarely be wrong.

Ash
05-30-2018, 09:14 AM

My work coffee is a Guatemalan from Monmouth Street, which is pretty decent. I know the shop you mean - I might give it a go.

Ash
05-30-2018, 09:19 AM

Good or bad is largely a personal preference, of course, rather than some objective, universal Truth.

But yes, different coffees do taste different. I can't speak for the flavour of the coffees from corporate chain shops because I never go in them.

Sir C
05-30-2018, 09:29 AM
My work coffee is a Guatemalan from Monmouth Street, which is pretty decent. I know the shop you mean - I might give it a go.

It's a great, great shop, a.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-30-2018, 09:33 AM

What a mug!

You get money off when you provide your own mug, don't you?

Ash
05-30-2018, 09:56 AM
You get money off when you provide your own mug, don't you?

I wasn't buying a cup of coffee, Alberto. I bought two bags for use in my espresso engine, and after the velvet tones of my central American favourites it tastes a little bit like poo. Would you like a bag of Kenyan coffee?

Not as much like poo as the Chocolate With Poo In that you can buy in the Old Compton Street shoppie though.

Ash
05-30-2018, 09:59 AM
An assumption about IH's twát-housery would rarely be wrong.

:-( Why must people be so horrid about my dear friend Ian on here? I know he is very fond of a superlative or two, but all this bitching behind peoples' backs is surely better suited to a gaggle of teenage girls rather than a gruff ensemble of middle aged men.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-30-2018, 10:40 AM
:-( Why must people be so horrid about my dear friend Ian on here? I know he is very fond of a superlative or two, but all this bitching behind peoples' backs is surely better suited to a gaggle of teenage girls rather than a gruff ensemble of middle aged men.

I always found him somewhat pompous and condescending. Clearly had a firm belief in his own intellect which was frequently belied by the tosh he spouted. And why are you bullying me?

Rich
05-30-2018, 10:52 AM

That place is great - love the tasters they provide before filling your big, red sack full of beans.

They deliver to me now if I’m not in town. Just phone them up and the beans are with me 48 hours later.