PDA

View Full Version : So according to an article in the Guardian today, Florentino Perez once told Ronaldo

WES
05-29-2018, 07:45 AM
that he could go provided that he brought in enough money for Madrid to sign Messi.

Ouch!!! :hehe:

Well played, Florentino. :thumbup:

Billy Goat Sverige
05-29-2018, 07:54 AM
that he could go provided that he brought in enough money for Madrid to sign Messi.

I did enjoy Bale stealing the show. You could tell it was eating away at him inside.

WES
05-29-2018, 08:09 AM
I did enjoy Bale stealing the show. You could tell it was eating away at him inside.

An utterly vile human being who happens to be a very good footballer. I can't imagine developing any attachment to him no matter how much you loved any of the teams he has played for.

Take all the worst parts of Henry and multiply them tenfold and then remove his intellect - you would have Christiano Ronaldo.

Sir C
05-29-2018, 08:13 AM
An utterly vile human being who happens to be a very good footballer. I can't imagine developing any attachment to him no matter how much you loved any of the teams he has played for.

Take all the worst parts of Henry and multiply them tenfold and then remove his intellect - you would have Christiano Ronaldo.

Steady on. He's not fúcking Pol Pot, he's a lad who's extremely good at football who has a large ego. Let's maintain a sense of proportion here.

WES
05-29-2018, 08:19 AM
Steady on. He's not fúcking Pol Pot, he's a lad who's extremely good at football who has a large ego. Let's maintain a sense of proportion here.

True - but what would AWIMB be without logical leaps and gross overstatement for effect? :shrug:

Having said that, even within the context of egotistical, self-absorbed footballers, I think Ronaldo stands out like a sore thumb.

redgunamo
05-30-2018, 06:37 AM

T'other way about, ain't it? Perez is saying Ronaldo is priceless; of immeasurable value and worth. As if it needed saying and Ronaldo needed telling, but still ..