PDA

View Full Version : Have a look at the little 'Unai's first day - behind the scenes' video.

Sir C
05-24-2018, 08:13 AM
We've done it again. The man is perfect. His suit fits perfectly, how on earth did they get it tailored so quickly? He is charming, polite and respectful. He can't knot a tie properly. (He's doing some sort of failed four in hand abomination.)

In short, he's going to be our Bob Paisley, following Shankly, and we're going to love him.

For easy of futre searches for this post I shall include the word Itoldyouso.

While I'm on the subject, it seems to me that the Arsenal media team really are bang on it. The content they consistently produce is second to none. we arsenal media team.

Luis Anaconda
05-24-2018, 08:19 AM
We've done it again. The man is perfect. His suit fits perfectly, how on earth did they get it tailored so quickly? He is charming, polite and respectful. He can't knot a tie properly. (He's doing some sort of failed four in hand abomination.)

In short, he's going to be our Bob Paisley, following Shankly, and we're going to love him.

While I'm on the subject, it seems to me that the Arsenal media team really are bang on it. The content they consistently produce is second to none. we arsenal media team.
We're signing Paulo Futre :rubchin: Jorge will be delighted, even if he may be a few years past his best :hispsterheaven:

Sir C
05-24-2018, 08:24 AM
We're signing Paulo Futre :rubchin: Jorge will be delighted, even if he may be a few years past his best :hispsterheaven:

Doesn't he play for West Ham, or is that a different one?

Burney
05-24-2018, 08:27 AM

His name must amuse French people. :hehe:

Sir C
05-24-2018, 08:30 AM
His name must amuse French people. :hehe:

Recall my plan for poached salmon and mayonnaise? As the weather was somewhat damp, a hot meal seemed more appropriate, so I served the salmon warm and, using the New Method, bashed out a hollandaise in, well, literally seconds. I'm gobsmacked.

My life has changed. And I'm going to weigh 30 stone.

Burney
05-24-2018, 08:32 AM
Recall my plan for poached salmon and mayonnaise? As the weather was somewhat damp, a hot meal seemed more appropriate, so I served the salmon warm and, using the New Method, bashed out a hollandaise in, well, literally seconds. I'm gobsmacked.

My life has changed. And I'm going to weigh 30 stone.

So you simply put the hot butter in in lieu of oil and did the smooshy smooshy thing and it worked?

That's me eating Eggs Benedict and steak bearnaise every day now. : prayforburney: :-(

Sir C
05-24-2018, 08:35 AM
So you simply put the hot butter in in lieu of oil and did the smooshy smooshy thing and it worked?

That's me eating Eggs Benedict and steak bearnaise every day now. : prayforburney: :-(

Yep. 2 egg yolks, some lemon juice and mustard and seasoning, gave that a momentary blitz, then poured the melted butter in. It just hollandaised, instantly. I popped it in a thermos and it held perfectly for half an hour.

Burney
05-24-2018, 08:38 AM
Yep. 2 egg yolks, some lemon juice and mustard and seasoning, gave that a momentary blitz, then poured the melted butter in. It just hollandaised, instantly. I popped it in a thermos and it held perfectly for half an hour.

You poured the melted butter in while smooshing or poured it in and then smooshed?

These details are key.

Sir C
05-24-2018, 08:41 AM
You poured the melted butter in while smooshing or poured it in and then smooshed?

These details are key.

Whilst smooshing. I sought assistance from tinternet and watched a video of a bloke doing it. He drizzled the butter in slowly whilst smooshing - I just sort of poured it in and it made no difference.

Burney
05-24-2018, 08:43 AM
Whilst smooshing. I sought assistance from tinternet and watched a video of a bloke doing it. He drizzled the butter in slowly whilst smooshing - I just sort of poured it in and it made no difference.

I've been doing it in a blender like that for some time with considerable success, so that makes sense. However, the problem with the blender is the bloody mess. this sounds better.

Sir C
05-24-2018, 08:45 AM
I've been doing it in a blender like that for some time with considerable success, so that makes sense. However, the problem with the blender is the bloody mess. this sounds better.

Exactly. I've used a blender but it seems like a big job.

Just think. Every time you cook a steak, a bearnaise is merely seconds away. :-(

Burney
05-24-2018, 08:46 AM
Exactly. I've used a blender but it seems like a big job.

Just think. Every time you cook a steak, a bearnaise is merely seconds away. :-(

:nod: And my tarragon is growing like topsy. It has to be done imo.

Sir C
05-24-2018, 08:49 AM
:nod: And my tarragon is growing like topsy. It has to be done imo.

Imagine how much butter we're going to get through. :-(

Oh god, your average, miserable Tuesday night in November, you get in from work and have the ability, with no fuss whatsoever, to dip chips in bearnaise. No man could resist such temptation. :-(

Monty92
05-24-2018, 09:00 AM

He couldn't have been less interested in Ivan's recounting of Anfield 89, though, could he :-(

Luis Anaconda
05-24-2018, 09:04 AM
He couldn't have been less interested in Ivan's recounting of Anfield 89, though, could he :-(

Perhaps someone should send him a book on the subject

Burney
05-24-2018, 09:04 AM

To be honest, we're all bored of Anfield 89, aren't we?

Sir C
05-24-2018, 09:07 AM

Yes, and after all, he had fúck all else to try to take in and process, did he? I mean, surely all his concentration should have been on a last-minute goal 30 years ago.

Monty92
05-24-2018, 09:10 AM
Yes, and after all, he had fúck all else to try to take in and process, did he? I mean, surely all his concentration should have been on a last-minute goal 30 years ago.

What about the absolutely ridiculous way he pronounces "explaiiiiiiiin". I don't think I can listen to that for 22 years :-(

Sir C
05-24-2018, 09:10 AM
What about the absolutely ridiculous way he pronounces "explaiiiiiiiin". I don't think I can listen to that for 22 years :-(

That's simply charming, you racist ****.

Burney
05-24-2018, 09:11 AM

I find his comedy dago waiter accent simply humiliating for a club of our stature.

I'm not having it. :-(

Monty92
05-24-2018, 09:19 AM
I find his comedy dago waiter accent simply humiliating for a club of our stature.

He's ripe for ridicule, from his accent to his face to his general demeanor. He looked to me like someone who accidently got the job. A kind of Spanish Chauncey Gardiner...

Burney
05-24-2018, 09:21 AM
He's ripe for ridicule, from his accent to his face to his general demeanor. He looked to me like someone who accidently got the job. A kind of Spanish Chauncey Gardiner...

I was always going to hate whoever took over, but this fellow has fallen below even my low expectations, I'm afraid.

Emery OUT.

Sir C
05-24-2018, 09:21 AM

I'm going to pay herbert chapman to rape you to death.

WES
05-24-2018, 09:22 AM

Still holding on, eh Monty? :hehe:

Will be interesting to see your reaction if we get back into the top four and take a run at the league or CL. Will you hold your hand up and admit that you were wrong?

I'm guessing no, and the amount of revisionism will be quite overwhelming.

All signs so far are very good. He seems to be exactly what so many of us were looking for and the impact on the club and the support looks very promising, this mostly based on media feedback, admittedly.

Sir C
05-24-2018, 09:23 AM

Will be interesting to see your reaction if we get back into the top four and take a run at the league or CL. Will you hold your hand up and admit that you were wrong?

All signs so far are very good. He seems to be exactly what so many of us were looking for and the impact on the club and the support looks very promising, this mostly based on media feedback, admittedly.

Unai told me he hates you.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-24-2018, 09:24 AM

Farkin Manuel sounding ****.

Wenger hasn't even finished emptying his desk and Sir C has already forgotten him and started waxing over this yammering spaniard.

Luis Anaconda
05-24-2018, 09:26 AM
I was always going to hate whoever took over, but this fellow has fallen below even my low expectations, I'm afraid.

Emery OUT.

Stop being a dick

Burney
05-24-2018, 09:27 AM
Farkin Manuel sounding ****.

Wenger hasn't even finished emptying his desk and Sir C has already forgotten him and started waxing over this yammering spaniard.

:nod: I suffered a horrid pang when I saw that nameplate on 'his' office. It made me very sad.

Burney
05-24-2018, 09:28 AM
Stop being a dick

I would kindly ask you to respect my grieving process, thank you very much.

When someone's dad dies and their mother takes up with some other gobsh1te, do you tell the child to 'stop being a dick' because they refuse to call him daddy? Hmmm?

WES
05-24-2018, 09:30 AM
Unai told me he hates you.

Liar.

Unai and I are like peas in a pod. He tends to sulk when I don't him enough attention, mind. Perhaps you caught him in such a moment.

If he sells Ramsey, I may move in with him. :cloud9:

Monty92
05-24-2018, 09:32 AM

I'm not sure what I would have been wrong about. Presumably that Wenger should have gone years ago, rather than now.

I always explained that while he continued to achieve top four finishes I personally favoured him staying for sentimental/emotional reasons.

I'm not sure sentiment and emotion are things that you can be "wrong" about.

Luis Anaconda

When someone's dad dies and their mother takes up with some other gobsh1te, do you tell the child to 'stop being a dick' because they refuse to call him daddy? Hmmm?
He's gone to a better place, b - away from all the hateful ****s. New daddy going to buy some shiny new toys as well

Sir C

You spent several years telling your mummy to defenestrate daddy and whore herself to any number of 'uncles'.

Be nice to your new daddy and he'll be nice to you. Not in a creepy way, hopefully.

Burney
05-24-2018, 09:35 AM
He's gone to a better place, b - away from all the hateful ****s. New daddy going to buy some shiny new toys as well

You're so easily bought, la.

WES
05-24-2018, 09:36 AM
I'm not sure what I would have been wrong about. Presumably that Wenger should have gone years ago, rather than now.

I always explained that while he continued to achieve top four finishes I personally favoured him staying for sentimental/emotional reasons.

I'm not sure sentiment and emotion are things that you can be "wrong" about.

I refer you to my comment on revisionism.

I don't recall you saying 'Wenger is under performing however because of what he has achieved and my resulting emotional attachment to him I would like him to stay'.

I recall you saying 'there is no rational basis for wanting him to leave and those who want him out are uneducated, illiterate scum who need a new hobby'.

Burney
05-24-2018, 09:38 AM
You spent several years telling your mummy to defenestrate daddy and whore herself to any number of 'uncles'.

Be nice to your new daddy and he'll be nice to you. Not in a creepy way, hopefully.

But you see my guilt is very much part of my reaction. All children have angrily wished their parents would fvck off at one point or another. So when it actually happens, it's bound to make one's reaction much more acute.

Luis Anaconda
05-24-2018, 09:38 AM
You're so easily bought, la.

:nod: Can't deny that, b. In proper news, Wood in for the first Test of the summer and we've chosen to bat in dodgy-ish conditions. Could be a short match

Sir C
05-24-2018, 09:39 AM
But you see my guilt is very much part of my reaction. All children have angrily wished their parents would fvck off at one point or another. So when it actually happens, it's bound to make one's reaction much more acute.

Fúcking hell, you're having a temper tantrum because you feel bad about your previous temper tantrums?

Quite the little princess, aren't we? :hehe:

Pokster
05-24-2018, 09:42 AM
Stop being a dick

Where is Dick??

Monty92
05-24-2018, 09:47 AM
I refer you to my comment on revisionism.

I don't recall you saying 'Wenger is under performing however because of what he has achieved and my resulting emotional attachment to him I would like him to stay'.

I recall you saying 'there is no rational basis for wanting him to leave and those who want him out are uneducated, illiterate scum who need a new hobby'.

No rational basis other than my regularly stated opinion that a new manager may very well be the right decision?

I have never and would never call anyone who put a reasonable and balanced case forward for him leaving a cretin.

Burney
05-24-2018, 09:48 AM
:nod: Can't deny that, b. In proper news, Wood in for the first Test of the summer and we've chosen to bat in dodgy-ish conditions. Could be a short match

Lords in early summer under cloud cover after heavy overnight rain coming on the back of a dry spell?

Could be interesting.

Luis Anaconda
05-24-2018, 09:58 AM
Lords in early summer under cloud cover after heavy overnight rain coming on the back of a dry spell?

Could be interesting.

And a very good left-arm quick in the opposition ranks. We're doomed

Burney
05-24-2018, 10:03 AM
And a very good left-arm quick in the opposition ranks. We're doomed

I was at Lord's the last time Mohammed Amir bowled there. That didn't end well for the lad. :-\

Just Trent
05-24-2018, 10:06 AM

Watching Ivan showing him the tunnel and the dressing room was pure Partridge. At the owl sanctuary and judging the vegetables.

Luis Anaconda
05-24-2018, 10:07 AM
I was at Lord's the last time Mohammed Amir bowled there. That didn't end well for the lad. :-\

Very true (or maybe time before last - he was on the tour 2 years ago, which also begs the question why are we playing them so soon after the last time). I do like watching him bowl though, lovely action

Burney
05-24-2018, 10:09 AM
Very true (or maybe time before last - he was on the tour 2 years ago, which also begs the question why are we playing them so soon after the last time). I do like watching him bowl though, lovely action

Was he? I'd entirely forgotten. Lovely bowler and a real shame to have lost so much of his career. Silly boy.