PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Solo...very disappointed the made Lando a

Tony C
05-23-2018, 10:39 PM
Battyboy.

Shameful. Why couldn’t they make Chewbacca gay. No one likes him.

Fkin billy dee Williams...can’t believe it :banghead:

PSRB
05-24-2018, 07:54 AM
Battyboy.

Very odd, as in Empire Strikes Back he's clearly got an eye for Leia

Burney
05-24-2018, 08:00 AM
Battyboy.

Everything now has to be tainted with a bit of identity politics, t. It's why you end up with Wilkie Collins adaptations in which Victorian London is apparently teeming with South Asians and West Indians, while sexual ambiguity or gender fluidity has to be shoehorned into everything from Dr Who to Star Wars.

My wife and I play a little game. Whenever we watch a BBC TV programme set in the past, we see who'll be the first to spot a historically-incongruous ethnic character. It usually takes less than five minutes these days.

Burney
05-24-2018, 08:03 AM
Very odd, as in Empire Strikes Back he's clearly got an eye for Leia

He was only human, to be fair.

WES
05-24-2018, 08:12 AM
My wife and I play a little game. Whenever we watch a BBC TV programme set in the past, we see who'll be the first to spot a historically-incongruous ethnic character. It usually takes less than five minutes these days.

You and your wife must be much in demand as dinner party guests. ;-)

Sir C
05-24-2018, 08:14 AM
Everything now has to be tainted with a bit of identity politics, t. It's why you end up with Wilkie Collins adaptations in which Victorian London is apparently teeming with South Asians and West Indians, while sexual ambiguity or gender fluidity has to be shoehorned into everything from Dr Who to Star Wars.

Same at the theatre. One's suspension of disbelief is often suspended, if you take my meaning.

Burney
05-24-2018, 08:19 AM
Same at the theatre. One's suspension of disbelief is often suspended, if you take my meaning.

Yes. And, as Quentin Letts discovered, if you dare object to the fact that your ability to immerse yourself in a fiction (and thus enjoyment) is being seriously compromised by the fact that an 18th Century English Squire is being played by a black bloke, you will be roundly condemned as racist.

redgunamo
05-24-2018, 08:32 AM

:nod: David Beckham playing a Cockney security guard in that King Arthur film. Ridiculous identity politics pandering.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/rf/image_size_960x540/HT/p2/2017/05/01/Pictures/_3ebf9266-2e51-11e7-9a19-4de5eae5ad18.PNG