PDA

View Full Version : Forgot to mention that I got burgled last Friday

WES
05-23-2018, 08:49 AM
Pikey c*nts kicked in the laundry room window around the back of the house while the wife and daughter were in town shopping. They leave iPads, car keys, computers, tellys, all sorts. Only wanted cash and jewelry as they can move it easily. So basically they are about as small time as it comes.

We had the old bill forensic chap finished and the window secured in about 3 hours after discovering it. So we went down our local.

The next time I see someone defending travelers I'm likely to go ballistic. :nod:

Sir C
05-23-2018, 08:50 AM
Pikey c*nts kicked on the laundry room window around the back of the house while the wife and daughter were in town shopping. They leave iPads, car keys, computers, tellys, all sorts. Only wanted cash and jewelry as they can move it easily. So basically they are about as small time as it comes.

We had the old bill forensic chap finished and the window secured in about 3 hours after discovering it. So we went down our local.

The next time I see someone defending travelers I'm likely to go ballistic. :nod:

Pikeys would definitely have had iPads and laptops. Or they did in my house, anyway :-(

Ash
05-23-2018, 08:51 AM
How do you know the perps were travellers? :watson:

Luis Anaconda
05-23-2018, 08:52 AM
Pikey c*nts kicked in the laundry room window around the back of the house while the wife and daughter were in town shopping. They leave iPads, car keys, computers, tellys, all sorts. Only wanted cash and jewelry as they can move it easily. So basically they are about as small time as it comes.

Sorry to hear that Wes. Seems like they are targetting awimbers. Wouldn't like to be the ones who did over Trixie's house though if she ever caught them

WES
05-23-2018, 08:53 AM
How do you know the perp/s was/were travellers? :watson:

I don't for certain, but I'm awfully sure. They live in the fields behind the village, at least one sight I know of. 3 other houses have been hit in the last month or so so it's likely someone local. The police officer refused to openly confirm it was likely to be them when I asked but his face said it all.

Pikey c*nts.

WES
05-23-2018, 08:55 AM
Pikeys would definitely have had iPads and laptops. Or they did in my house, anyway :-(

They can be traced and there really isn't much of a market, at least that was the explanation I got.

I suppose Kent pikeys are probably more sophisticated than Surrey pikeys. ;-)

PSRB
05-23-2018, 09:01 AM

Didn't take your Sonos stuff? ;-)

WES
05-23-2018, 09:02 AM
Didn't take your Sonos stuff? ;-)

Nope - they're smarter than you'd think :-)

PSRB
05-23-2018, 09:04 AM
Nope - they're smarter than you'd think :-)

:hehe: I actually think it's brilliant, sound is amazing and have got a Boost to ensure no dropouts, even though I've got superfast fibre broadband

IUFG
05-23-2018, 09:05 AM

Sorry to hear that wes.

Burglary. A truly despicable crime.

WES
05-23-2018, 09:07 AM
:hehe: I actually think it's brilliant, sound is amazing and have got a Boost to ensure no dropouts, even though I've got superfast fibre broadband

Yeah I won't complain about the speakers, very good quality for the money. It's just that I rarely use any Sonos functionality, I use the apps that allow me to stream music. :shrug:

What music streaming app are you using?

PSRB
05-23-2018, 09:09 AM
Yeah I won't complain about the speakers, very good quality for the money. It's just that I rarely use any Sonos functionality, I use the apps that allow me to stream music. :shrug:

What music streaming app are you using?

Spotify, it's seemless with Sonos and my Sonos Ones have Alexa, so I can just do it by voice :-)

WES
05-23-2018, 09:09 AM
Sorry to hear that wes.

Burglary. A truly despicable crime.

Little Miss WES phoned me at my desk - all I heard was <sob> <sob> <sob> Mummy <sob> <sob> <sob> Mummy

Which, to say the least, scared the hell out of me. She was trying to tell me that we had been burgled and that Mummy was on the phone to the police.

The women of the house are now massively paranoid and locking pretty much everything. My point to them was that these people run when they see anyone at home and that it is almost certainly going to happen again.

Sad but true.

WES
05-23-2018, 09:12 AM
Spotify, it's seemless with Sonos and my Sonos Ones have Alexa, so I can just do it by voice :-)

And not that I would wish to flog a dead horse (see also Aaron Ramsey) but what if you didn't have Sonos? You would just connect to a different speaker using Bluetooth and then use Spotify right?

PSRB
05-23-2018, 09:27 AM
And not that I would wish to flog a dead horse (see also Aaron Ramsey) but what if you didn't have Sonos? You would just connect to a different speaker using Bluetooth and then use Spotify right?

Yes but as bluetooth, it cuts when I get a phone call, any notification, etc. Also as I am using mostly through telly, I can't set a bluetooth speaker up as the telly doesn't have bluetooth and even if it did, the cut outs would be even more annoying!

WES
05-23-2018, 09:31 AM
Yes but as bluetooth, it cuts when I get a phone call, any notification, etc. Also as I am using mostly through telly, I can't set a bluetooth speaker up as the telly doesn't have bluetooth and even if it did, the cut outs would be even more annoying!

You could use your iPad for Spotify. We don't use Sonos with the telly so not an issue for me. Surprised you can connect your telly to the Sonos controller but it doesn't have Bluetooth.

Anyway, sounds like it's more suited to you than me as the only real reason I would ever use it is multi-room and we now realize we never use that.

Enjoy! :thumbup:

PSRB
05-23-2018, 09:35 AM
You could use your iPad for Spotify. We don't use Sonos with the telly so not an issue for me. Surprised you can connect your telly to the Sonos controller but it doesn't have Bluetooth.

Anyway, sounds like it's more suited to you than me as the only real reason I would ever use it is multi-room and we now realize we never use that.

Enjoy! :thumbup:

The ipad still gets notifications and as I can receive calls through the wifi, it still rings and cuts through the bluetooth. The Playbar connects to the telly via optical cable, then meshes via wifi across the rest of the speakers.

Sir C
05-23-2018, 09:42 AM
The ipad still gets notifications and as I can receive calls through the wifi, it still rings and cuts through the bluetooth. The Playbar connects to the telly via optical cable, then meshes via wifi across the rest of the speakers.

This is like listening in to two old fellas standing at the end of the bar, hoping they soon move on to the best way from Godalming to Salisbury now they've got those roadworks on the A303.

SWv2
05-23-2018, 10:32 AM
Little Miss WES phoned me at my desk - all I heard was <sob> <sob> <sob> Mummy <sob> <sob> <sob> Mummy

Which, to say the least, scared the hell out of me. She was trying to tell me that we had been burgled and that Mummy was on the phone to the police.

The women of the house are now massively paranoid and locking pretty much everything. My point to them was that these people run when they see anyone at home and that it is almost certainly going to happen again.

Sad but true.

:-(

This is ****.

The aftermath of the burglary is always said to be worse than the loss of material items hopefully most of which can be replaced.

FTR it probably was the travellers, filthy thieving fúckers that they are. Probably from Limerick.

Say no more.