PDA

View Full Version : I know we've covered this before but this whole Women in Sport

PSRB
05-22-2018, 03:56 PM
that's across Twitter and Sky today, seems to miss one huge point......it's just not very interesting to watch for the most part.

Bar your athletics/swimming and most winter sports, the rest of the main stream televised sports are just not really great to watch in comparison with the male version. I have tried with women's football and cricket but it's just not very entertaining (apart from it being comically ****).

Peter
05-22-2018, 03:59 PM
that's across Twitter and Sky today, seems to miss one huge point......it's just not very interesting to watch for the most part.

Bar your athletics/swimming and most winter sports, the rest of the main stream televised sports are just not really great to watch in comparison with the male version. I have tried with women's football and cricket but it's just not very entertaining (apart from it being comically ****).

The football isnt terrible- not actually worth watching, but not terrible.

THe cricket is awful and a disgrace to the game.

Tennis isnt bad. I mean, I dont really like watching tennis but the women's game isnt awful to watch. In some ways it can be slightly more interesting as the game isn't dominated by a heavy serve.

IUFG
05-22-2018, 04:08 PM
The football isnt terrible

The goalkeeping however...

PSRB
05-22-2018, 04:11 PM
The football isnt terrible- not actually worth watching, but not terrible.

THe cricket is awful and a disgrace to the game.

Tennis isnt bad. I mean, I dont really like watching tennis but the women's game isnt awful to watch. In some ways it can be slightly more interesting as the game isn't dominated by a heavy serve.

You mean the female tennis players are usually quite attractive, don't you?

The football would be greatly improved if all the players were at a level closer to Kelly Smith, Marta, Houghton. Unfortunately very few are.

WES
05-22-2018, 04:26 PM

The football would be greatly improved if all the players were at a level closer to Kelly Smith, Marta, Houghton. Unfortunately very few are.

Presumably you are not including women's beach volleyball in this analysis? :sherlock:

PSRB
05-22-2018, 04:33 PM
Presumably you are not including women's beach volleyball in this analysis? :sherlock:

If it were topless or at least in bikinis, it would be better.

The whole premise seems to be that more people should attend women's sports but given a choice between watching a high quality version and an inferior version, why would I choose the inferior one?

Peter
05-22-2018, 10:26 PM
The goalkeeping however...

A lot of the goalkeeping in the men's game makes me shudder. Its a dying art. Like test match batting or jewish singer songwriters.

Peter
05-22-2018, 10:27 PM

It doesn't hurt with the tennis. What I am really saying is I don't mind seeing women playing a game I don't like :)

WES
05-23-2018, 08:18 AM
A lot of the goalkeeping in the men's game makes me shudder. Its a dying art. Like test match batting or jewish singer songwriters.

They don't make them like Almunia anymore, do they Peter? :nono:

PSRB
05-23-2018, 08:23 AM
It doesn't hurt with the tennis. What I am really saying is I don't mind seeing women playing a game I don't like :)

Of course in these days of rampant feminism, I do think it would be an ideal time for The Prodigy to re-release 'Smack my bitch up' :-)