Viva Prat Vegas
05-22-2018, 11:37 AM
One way trips are great

Ash
05-22-2018, 11:40 AM
I'm off to Lisbon in July.

Recommendations happily received.

And I'm flying Ryanair. :cry:

There's a nice restaurant up an a hill with a good view overlooking the city. :thumbup:

Sir C
05-22-2018, 11:41 AM

I had a terrific 36 hours in Lisbon for England v Someone at the Stadium de Luz, something like that. After the game I went to a nightclub where I drank with Alvin Martin and some lads from Talksport whose identities were a mystery, and Sepp Meier was there, only people kept telling me it wasn't Sepp Meier, then I did lots and lots of cocaine, then some England fans stripped naked and did an amusing balloon dance, then I played piss-tennis in a urinal with Ray Houghton.

An excellent, excellent trip.

I remember the city itself being mildly dull, remarkable only for the Portaloos in the main square which sat in the sun all day, leading to a friend of mine exiting one with the memorable remark, "That's not a toilet, that's a piss sauna."

Also bacalhao is nice the first time, then dull, dull, dull.

IUFG
05-22-2018, 11:42 AM

http://www.lcbo.com/content/dam/lcbo/products/335059.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

redgunamo
05-22-2018, 11:45 AM

Just returned from Nice, if that helps. New sunglasses, motoring down in the wife's new Porsche; just the two of us and a couple of holdalls full of cash in the boot. Lovely, imo. Not my fault the stupid film festival was on.

Monty92
05-22-2018, 11:57 AM

Pasteis de Belém

PSRB
05-22-2018, 12:05 PM

Went on a stag do, remember very little other than the taxi drivers being utterly mental and the bars down at the harbour were good fun.