PDA

View Full Version : So for his first home match we should kick off the chanting with

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-22-2018, 10:56 AM
"Sit down you peedaphile". Give him a bit of continuity.

Burney
05-22-2018, 10:59 AM
"Sit down you peedaphile". Give him a bit of continuity.

He won't mind since HE DOESN'T FVCKING WELL SPEAK ENGLISH!

I already hate this bloke.

Tony C
05-22-2018, 11:04 AM
Would rather we not pi ss off the Turks (as well as the I Rans imo)

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-22-2018, 11:06 AM
One of the puzzles of Wenger was the complete absence of any improvement in his english in 20 years. He would often say "it is as well because" when just "also" would have done - Cleuseo sounding w'nker

redgunamo
05-22-2018, 11:06 AM

Yes, appointing a new manager isn't as easy as it looks, is it. We must be out of practise.

It will probably even be cited as a reason for his sacking next year.

Burney
05-22-2018, 11:07 AM
One of the puzzles of Wenger was the complete absence of any improvement in his english in 20 years. He would often say "it is as well because" when just "also" would have done - Cleuseo sounding w'nker

Yes. His goodbye speech was ample evidence of the limits of his fluency. He never really got idiomatic English at all.

redgunamo
05-22-2018, 11:07 AM
Would rather we not pi ss off the Turks (as well as the I Rans imo)

They're all washed up, imo. The Donald has sorted it.

Burney
05-22-2018, 11:08 AM
Yes, appointing a new manager isn't as easy as it looks, is it. We must be out of practise.

I mean GG was scotch and therefore didn't speak the language very well, but at least he could make himself understood. This bloke's a whole other kettle of sardines.

redgunamo
05-22-2018, 11:09 AM
Yes. His goodbye speech was ample evidence of the limits of his fluency. He never really got idiomatic English at all.

But at least everyone (except perhaps one or two of our players) gave Him the benefit of the doubt from the start. This chap isn't even getting that.

redgunamo
05-22-2018, 11:12 AM
I mean GG was scotch and therefore didn't speak the language very well, but at least he could make himself understood. This bloke's a whole other kettle of sardines.

Well, we're not particularly fussy about that sort of thing. We're not Germans or anything. But it is rather unpleasant, and not a little unfair, when chaps that can barely order a bint and a beer in a brothel are touted as "fluent".

Burney
05-22-2018, 11:16 AM
Well, we're not particularly fussy about that sort of thing. We're not Germans or anything. But it is rather unpleasant, and not a little unfair, when chaps that can barely order a bint and a beer in a brothel are touted as "fluent".

I think Steve McLaren had the right idea. Don't bother learning the language, just go over there and speak your own language in a comedy accent instead.

Ash
05-22-2018, 11:27 AM

He doesn't sound anything like Clouseau, in fact. Probably because Clouseau doesn't actually sound anything like a Frenchman.

Viva Prat Vegas
05-22-2018, 11:28 AM
Burney "I think Steve McLaren had the right idea. Don't bother learning the language, just go over there and speak your own language in a comedy accent instead."

HE might be like Manuel once did in FT
"Helllllo Hhhhhhow hare you ? Hi ham Eeengllshhh "

Luis Anaconda
05-22-2018, 11:29 AM

He does speak English and you are sounding like Henry Winter

Ash
05-22-2018, 11:30 AM

Possibly indicative of a lack of receptivity to new ways of working too, and of his general magnificent stubborness and single-mindedness.

Viva Prat Vegas
05-22-2018, 11:32 AM
All that happened was an increase in the speed with which AW spoke the language
That and putting beginning sentences with "Look" when he was agitated by a question

redgunamo
05-22-2018, 11:32 AM
He doesn't sound anything like Clouseau, in fact. Probably because Clouseau doesn't actually sound anything like a Frenchman.

Of course, because Frenchmen tend not to speak English at all.

Viva Prat Vegas
05-22-2018, 11:33 AM
:nod:

Pires
Vieira
Petit
Cantona
etc

Burney
05-22-2018, 11:33 AM
He does speak English and you are sounding like Henry Winter

Does he really, though, la? Or does he just gabble on uselessly like a lost tourist trying to find Piccadilly Circus?

And if you ever dare liken me to Henry Winter again, I will be on the first plane to Munich to burn your Wohnung down.

I'm a peaceful and easygoing man, la, but there are limits, ffs.

Burney
05-22-2018, 11:34 AM
All that happened was an increase in the speed with which AW spoke the language
That and putting beginning sentences with "Look" when he was agitated by a question

Yeah, but Australians do that, too. 'Awwww, look...'

Viva Prat Vegas
05-22-2018, 11:35 AM
Do you speak with a plumb in each cheek and a smell up your nose ?

Viva Prat Vegas
05-22-2018, 11:37 AM
Burney "Yeah, but Australians do that, too. 'Awwww, look...'"

Wenger didn't to that because the "AW" was too self-referential

redgunamo
05-22-2018, 11:40 AM
Possibly indicative of a lack of receptivity to new ways of working too, and of his general magnificent stubborness and single-mindedness.

No, He probably has papers, qualifications, saying He speaks English so as far as He is concerned, He does, whether He actually does or not. Which, of course, He does. At least well enough.

Monty92
05-22-2018, 11:53 AM
No, He probably has papers, qualifications, saying He speaks English so as far as He is concerned, He does, whether He actually does or not. Which, of course, He does. At least well enough.

Can the new chap expect to receive the "He" treatment, once he's got a few trophies under his belt?

redgunamo
05-22-2018, 12:09 PM
Can the new chap expect to receive the "He" treatment, once he's got a few trophies under his belt?

Doubtful, imo. It's been done.

Monty92
05-22-2018, 12:10 PM
Doubtful, imo. It's been done.

Good to hear it.

A bit like retiring shirt numbers. Ultimately a bit gay, but sometimes it just feels right.

7sisters
05-22-2018, 12:55 PM

It’s endemic within the club r.. We seem to be able to drag out a transfer or appointment like no other

Rich
05-22-2018, 02:15 PM

Do many of the squad speak Spanish? It's mostly Arabic/French/German, I would think. What a catastrophe.

Ash
05-22-2018, 02:20 PM
Do many of the squad speak Spanish? It's mostly Arabic/French/German, I would think. What a catastrophe.

Mostly Arabic? Has Elneny been busy giving everyone lessons?

Luis Anaconda
05-22-2018, 02:22 PM

Apart from Cech, Ospina, Bellerin, Mustafi, Monreal, Auba, Özil, Mkhitaryan and Lacazette - and maybe a couple of others who have eyed a move to Spain in the past - hardly any of them do

Rich
05-22-2018, 02:22 PM
Mostly Arabic? Has Elnenny been busy giving everyone lessons?

Well Turkish & Albanian must be similar (Ozil, Kolisinac, Xhaka etc).

Luis Anaconda
05-22-2018, 02:28 PM

So three players who are all fluent in German would speak in some mish-mash of Turkish and Albanian, even though the two languages have completely different sources (Indo-European v Turkic) and one is of Bosnian descent? You try too hard to appear stupid sometimes, r

Ash
05-22-2018, 02:31 PM

:hehe:

Good work, Rich.

Kolasinac's native tongue is Serbo-Croatian, of course. But if all muzzies speak Arabic to you then fair enough. :thumbup:

Burney
05-22-2018, 02:35 PM

Good work, Rich.

Kolasinac's native tongue is Serbo-Croatian, of course. But if all muzzies speak Arabic to you then fair enough. :thumbup:

To be fair, they are supposed to learn arabic in order to read the Koran properly, but yes, they're unlikely to speak it in the dressing room.

Rich
05-22-2018, 02:38 PM

Good work, Rich.

The point I was trying to make was that the majority of players are unlikely to understand his Spanish. Perhaps we can employ Monreal as player/assistant manager. :internalsolutions:

Burney
05-22-2018, 02:40 PM
The point I was trying to make was that the majority of players are unlikely to understand his Spanish. Perhaps we can employ Monreal as player/assistant manager. :internalsolutions:

Or - and here's a radical idea - WE COULD FVCKING WELL HIRE SOMEONE WHO SPEAKS FVCKING ENGLISH PROPERLY IN THE FIRST FVCKING PLACE! :shout:

redgunamo
05-22-2018, 02:46 PM
Or - and here's a radical idea - WE COULD FVCKING WELL HIRE SOMEONE WHO SPEAKS FVCKING ENGLISH PROPERLY IN THE FIRST FVCKING PLACE! :shout:

How about the Language of Football? That would please everyone, wouldn't it.

Burney
05-22-2018, 02:57 PM
How about the Language of Football? That would please everyone, wouldn't it.

English IS the language of football, r. That's just a scientific FACT.

redgunamo
05-22-2018, 02:58 PM
English IS the language of football, r. That's just a scientific FACT.

No wonder we're so rubbish :-( #WengerOut