PDA

View Full Version : Bad omen number one.

Burney
05-22-2018, 09:03 AM
Unai Emery is set to become only the fourth manager in Premier League history whose first name and surname both begin with a vowel (also Ossie Ardiles, Egil Olsen and Alan Irvine).

We're doomed :-(

WES
05-22-2018, 09:10 AM
Unai Emery is set to become only the fourth manager in Premier League history whose first name and surname both begin with a vowel (also Ossie Ardiles, Egil Olsen and Alan Irvine).

Also, he was very, very unlucky to be knocked out of the CL the last two years. Pasting Barcelona and then watching the refs hand them an outrageously biasd win at the Camp Nou. And I watched both Madrid games this year and PSG created far more chances. Had Cavani not been such a donkey and a few others had their shooting boots on they would have won.

Tactically Emery was outstanding. Can't wait for him to sell Ramsey. :cloud9:

PSRB
05-22-2018, 09:12 AM
Also, he was very, very unlucky to be knocked out of the CL the last two years. Pasting Barcelona and then watching the refs hand them an outrageously biasd win at the Camp Nou. And I watched both Madrid games this year and PSG created far more chances. Had Cavani not been such a donkey and a few others had their shooting boots on they would have won.

He'll build the team around Ramsey :cloud9:

Sir C
05-22-2018, 09:14 AM
He'll build the team around Ramsey :cloud9:

In many respects, the Welsh are the Basques of the UK, aren't they? I suspect the language is nigh on identical as well.

Just Trent
05-22-2018, 09:17 AM

In his last season at Sevilla, they failed to win away in the league all season. FFS, even Arsene managed a token away win before the end. Arteta in, fact!!!

Sir C
05-22-2018, 09:18 AM

Hahahahahahaha!

"Emery made it clear he planned to build his vision around 2 key players he regards as central to his plans - Aubameyang & Ramsey. Emery’s depth of knowledge of every #Arsenal player left Gazidis & his team gobsmacked — & overshadowed every other presentation, including Arteta’s."

Burney
05-22-2018, 09:21 AM
In many respects, the Welsh are the Basques of the UK, aren't they? I suspect the language is nigh on identical as well.

Actually, no language is even remotely like Basque. It's unique in western Europe in having no Indo-European roots. The only other languages in Europe like that are Hungarian and Finnish.

WES
05-22-2018, 09:21 AM
Hahahahahahaha!

"Emery made it clear he planned to build his vision around 2 key players he regards as central to his plans - Aubameyang & Ramsey. Emery’s depth of knowledge of every #Arsenal player left Gazidis & his team gobsmacked — & overshadowed every other presentation, including Arteta’s."

:-( Daft, bomb loving dago, I've always hated him :nod:

redgunamo
05-22-2018, 09:24 AM
Actually, no language is even remotely like Basque. It's unique in western Europe in having no Indo-European roots. The only other languages in Europe like that are Hungarian and Finnish.

Makes sense. "Emery" Varadi, the former West Bromwich Albion and Manchester City forward, was Hungarian, wasn't he?

Sir C
05-22-2018, 09:24 AM

Fúck me. Every day's a fúcking schoolday.

Burney
05-22-2018, 09:27 AM
Fúck me. Every day's a fúcking schoolday.

Come now. No need for language.

Interesting about the mayonnaise, though, isn't it? I wonder which made the difference? The width of the receptacle? The fact it was plastic? Or the different oil?

Just Trent
05-22-2018, 09:29 AM
Hahahahahahaha!

It’s not possible. Surely Arteta’s presentation couldn’t be topped? I don’t believe a word of it. What actually happened, is that Arteta was all agreed. But, old Chips and Ken got nervous about doing something new and exciting, and voted against poor Mikel at the board meeting. We’ll never get close to Mikel again. He’ll not soon forget this skulduggery. :-(

Sir C
05-22-2018, 09:30 AM
Come now. No need for language.

Interesting about the mayonnaise, though, isn't it? I wonder which made the difference? The width of the receptacle? The fact it was plastic? Or the different oil?

Definitely not the oil. I've used vegetable, sunflower and olive, and there is no difference at all.

I'm going with the acid/metallic reaction, although that's only a guess, naturally.

Today I will poach a nice peice of salmon and serve it with potato salad. Give me 30 seconds and I'll just knock up a batch of mayonnaise for that!

Burney
05-22-2018, 09:33 AM
Definitely not the oil. I've used vegetable, sunflower and olive, and there is no difference at all.

I'm going with the acid/metallic reaction, although that's only a guess, naturally.

Today I will poach a nice peice of salmon and serve it with potato salad. Give me 30 seconds and I'll just knock up a batch of mayonnaise for that!

That's exactly what I did last night! :highfive:

Instead of chives, I put finely chopped wet garlic in my potato salad (ie young, immature garlic that I lifted from the allotment). It's much less harsh than mature garlic and gave a delicious flavour.

I do stink today, though.

Just Trent
05-22-2018, 09:36 AM
:-( Daft, bomb loving dago, I've always hated him :nod:

Hasn’t Ramsey already started the process of pissing around with his new contract negotiations, in order to try and force a move to a rival? Or, stay without signing on and generally ruin next season? Someone needs to tell Unai how things work around here.

7sisters
05-22-2018, 10:08 AM
Turkish ? Although only a bit of it is in Europe ..

WES
05-22-2018, 11:23 AM
Hasn’t Ramsey already started the process of pissing around with his new contract negotiations, in order to try and force a move to a rival? Or, stay without signing on and generally ruin next season? Someone needs to tell Unai how things work around here.

Well how these have worked around here is that players like Ramsey do whatever they like, no matter how detrimental to the performances of the team.

Fortunately, our new Basque manager is going to instill some discipline or blow there sorry arses up. :cloud9: