PDA

View Full Version : I was rather looking forward to Arteta. Proper gentleman, knows what the club is

Sir C
05-22-2018, 08:05 AM
about, full of new ideas. It would have been a risk but it might have been fun.

This chap doesn't fill me with hope but then, of course, neither did Arsene. I vote we wait and see what transpires before getting malicious on his árse.

Rosicky gone. Cesc gone. Walcott gone. Santi gone. Arsene gone.

The only part of the real club left is Ken Friar, and he's 396. :-(

Unai Emyrates, anyone?

Luis Anaconda
05-22-2018, 08:08 AM

This chap doesn't fill me with hope but then, of course, neither did Arsene. I vote we wait and see what transpires before getting malicious on his árse.

Unai Emyrates, anyone?

If only we had our Sevilla expert here to give us the proper lowdown

Sir C
05-22-2018, 08:12 AM

Yes. I hope his stay with us lasts longer and finishes with more dignity than our previous import from the great city of Sevilla. :-(

Pokster
05-22-2018, 08:14 AM
Yes. I hope his stay with us lasts longer and finishes with more dignity than our previous import from the great city of Sevilla. :-(

Or wins the league in his first season at the club

Burney
05-22-2018, 08:16 AM

Unai Emyrates, anyone?

I was looking forward to Brendan. A missed opportunity imo.

Are we sure this fellow ain't a bloody turk?

Luis Anaconda
05-22-2018, 08:18 AM
I was looking forward to Brendan. A missed opportunity imo.

Are we sure this fellow ain't a bloody turk?

Clues in the maternal surname

Unai Emery Etxegoien - as Basque as they come

Burney
05-22-2018, 08:21 AM

Maternal surname? What the bloody hell do I know from maternal surnames? I'm not some sort of pervert.

Anyway, let's hope we shall all be able to Basque in his reflected glory, then? Aha!

Sir C
05-22-2018, 08:21 AM

So sort of pseudo-French Spanish? We had a pseudo-Frenchman before. That turned out OK.

Burney
05-22-2018, 08:22 AM
So sort of pseudo-French Spanish? We had a pseudo-Frenchman before. That turned out OK.

They reckon Basques are proto-Europeans - unrelated to Celts or Indo-Europeans. Some even say they're the descendants of Neanderthals.

Pokster
05-22-2018, 08:22 AM
Maternal surname? What the bloody hell do I know from maternal surnames? I'm not some sort of pervert.

Anyway, let's hope we shall all be able to Basque in his reflected glory, then? Aha!

Are you sure about this??? Your posts point to you being more of a wrong un than Herbs

Sir C
05-22-2018, 08:25 AM
They reckon Basques are proto-Europeans - unrelated to Celts or Indo-Europeans. Some even say they're the descendants of Neanderthals.

Well he looks human enough. Are they the lot who claim (erroneously) to have invented tapas and call them pinxtos, or is that some other oppressed minority?

Burney
05-22-2018, 08:26 AM
Well he looks human enough. Are they the lot who claim (erroneously) to have invented tapas and call them pinxtos, or is that some other oppressed minority?

I believe so, yes. They also used to spend a lot of time blowing up spanish coppers. They're also strangely attached to the letter 'x'.

Pokster
05-22-2018, 08:26 AM

Won't that be Dubai that invented them, as we all know the greatest Tapas/Steak/Pizza/Hot dog can be found in that historic area

Sir C
05-22-2018, 08:30 AM
Won't that be Dubai that invented them, as we all know the greatest Tapas/Steak/Pizza/Hot dog can be found in that historic area

Yes, these things are improved immeasurably, of course, the the time spent under the heatlamps on the buffet.

Also, they are seasoned by the salty tears of the forced labourers who slave in the kitchens and hope to visit their families in the Philipnes once a year. It is this salinity which provides the extra frisson so beloved of the UAE enthusiast.

Sir C
05-22-2018, 08:30 AM
I believe so, yes. They also used to spend a lot of time blowing up spanish coppers. They're also strangely attached to the letter 'x'.

The whole thing sounds like an utter clusterfúck, if I'm honest.

Burney
05-22-2018, 08:33 AM
The whole thing sounds like an utter clusterfúck, if I'm honest.

:nod: The End is Unai.

Sir C
05-22-2018, 08:35 AM
:nod: The End is Unai.

vg b.

I can't take it seriously. 'Unai'. What sort of fúcking name is 'Unai'?

Burney
05-22-2018, 08:37 AM
vg b.

I can't take it seriously. 'Unai'. What sort of fúcking name is 'Unai'?

:nod: It's a sound one makes while yawning, not a proper name.

IUFG
05-22-2018, 08:38 AM
Yes, these things are improved immeasurably, of course, the the time spent under the heatlamps on the buffet.

Also, they are seasoned by the salty tears of the forced labourers who slave in the kitchens and hope to visit their families in the Philipnes once a year. It is this salinity which provides the extra frisson so beloved of the UAE enthusiast.

There is nothing wrong with the UAE, sc.

Apart from the searing heat, cost of living, driving and the people.

WES
05-22-2018, 08:39 AM

Ooooh there's another reason to love him, he's a Basque. :cloud9:

San Sebastian :eat:

Sir C
05-22-2018, 08:40 AM
There is nothing wrong with the UAE, sc.

Apart from the searing heat, cost of living, driving and the people.

And the fascist dictatorship in charge, the soul-destroying concrete environment, the overwhelming vulgarity and the fact that it attracts tourists like wes?

redgunamo
:nod: It's a sound one makes while yawning, not a proper name.

Isn't Monty's kid named that too?

Burney
Ooooh there's another reason to love him, he's a Basque. :cloud9:

San Sebastian :eat:

No. Sorry. He's a useless dago w@nker and we don't like him. The decision is made. :judge:

Burney
05-22-2018, 08:41 AM
Isn't Monty's kid named that too?

No, that's Anus you're thinking of. Little Anus must be what? Two or three now?

Burney
05-22-2018, 08:42 AM
And the fascist dictatorship in charge, the soul-destroying concrete environment, the overwhelming vulgarity and the fact that it attracts tourists like wes?

And the slavery. Don't forget the slavery.

WES
05-22-2018, 08:43 AM
No. Sorry. He's a useless dago w@nker and we don't like him. The decision is made. :judge:

And he did a brilliant job at Sevilla, which is my first favourite Spanish city.

Welcome Unai! :thumbup:

WES

Meh. Great pools. :shrug:

Burney
And he did a brilliant job at Sevilla, which is my first favourite Spanish city.

Welcome Unai! :thumbup:

You liking him is hardly likely to help now, is it?

WES
05-22-2018, 08:45 AM
You liking him is hardly likely to help now, is it?

According to the Times this morning he is tactically obsessive, spends hours watching tape and likes to play on the counter.

:cloud9: :cloud9:

Burney
05-22-2018, 08:46 AM
According to the Times this morning he is tactically obsessive, spends hours watching tape and likes to play on the counter.

Likes to play what on whose counter? Dirty spic b@stard. :-(

Sir C
05-22-2018, 08:47 AM

Jesus Christ we've employed Jose Mourinho.

Burney
05-22-2018, 08:47 AM
Jesus Christ we've employed Jose Mourinho.

:-( I'm already feeling a bit 'You're not my real dad!' about this cvnt, to be honest.

redgunamo
05-22-2018, 08:48 AM
No, that's Anus you're thinking of. Little Anus must be what? Two or three now?

Oh? Well, she'll never get anywhere in football with a name like that. "Big" Anus? :-\

Sir C
05-22-2018, 08:48 AM
Meh. Great pools. :shrug:

Not so many poofs, of course. What with them getting lobbed of tall buildings and all.

*I don't care, they all piss in the same pot.

IUFG
05-22-2018, 09:01 AM
And the slavery. Don't forget the slavery.

Shhhh! they refer to it as 'bonded labour', b.

WES
05-22-2018, 09:03 AM

Meh again, they don't want to be treated like slaves, don't go to Dubai. You make your choices in life and then you live with them imo.

Also, no one mentioned the endless blue skies, hot weather, attentive service and Russian prostitutes laying around the pool in thongs. :cloud9:

Pokster
05-22-2018, 09:05 AM
Meh again, they don't want to be treated like slaves, don't go to Dubai. You make your choices in life and then you live with them imo.

Also, no one mentioned the endless blue skies, hot weather, attentive service and Russian prostitutes laying around the pool in thongs. :cloud9:

But you also get overly sweaty Canadians by the pool (hopefully not in a thong )

IUFG
05-22-2018, 09:08 AM

and, some of the restaurants are pretty good tbh :hide:

Abd el Wahab at Pier 7 :cloud9:

Burney
05-22-2018, 09:11 AM

That'd be the 'bond' whereby they take their passports away, force them to work 12 hours a day, six days a week for a pittance well below what they were promised (in appalling and dangerous conditions, of course), leaving them bound by debt to their employers and legally unable to appeal or demonstrate due to having pretty much no rights?

Sir C
05-22-2018, 09:13 AM
That'd be the 'bond' whereby they take their passports away, force them to work 12 hours a day, six days a week for a pittance well below what they were promised (in appalling and dangerous conditions, of course), leaving them bound by debt to their employers and legally unable to appeal or demonstrate due to having pretty much no rights?

Apparently that's all OK because the Best Western Jebel Ali does a terrific all you can eat Chinese buffet which serves the best Chinese food in the world. :nod:

Burney
05-22-2018, 09:17 AM
Apparently that's all OK because the Best Western Jebel Ali does a terrific all you can eat Chinese buffet which serves the best Chinese food in the world. :nod:

Yeah, plus they're only little brown chaps at the end of the day, eh? They expect that sort of thing, don't they?

And their extreme poverty and desperation does make for such attentive service.

Fvck me.

redgunamo
05-22-2018, 09:17 AM

That sounds pretty much like every working man's conundrum in a nutshell, imo.

WES
05-22-2018, 09:18 AM

F*ck me. Which part of 'Russian prostitutes in thongs' did you not understand, Dutchie? :rolleyes:

IUFG
05-22-2018, 09:19 AM

sort of.

The employers pay for their flights and accommodation (a couple of floors of a hotel one for males, one for females, for instance) and food - then deduct it from their wages.

Leaving them pretty much penniless and unable to pay for a flight out.

Sir C
05-22-2018, 09:20 AM
F*ck me. Which part of 'Russian prostitutes in thongs' did you not understand, Dutchie? :rolleyes:

I have no interest in Russian prostitutes. I am 53 years old and the last time I achieved anything vaguely approaching tumescence, we still played at Highbury. :-(

WES
05-22-2018, 09:25 AM
sort of.

The employers pay for their flights and accommodation (a couple of floors of a hotel one for males, one for females, for instance) and food - then deduct it from their wages.

Leaving them pretty much penniless and unable to pay for a flight out.

Surprising that every staff member of my bezzie resort in Fujairah with whom I have spoken (many) goes home for a month every year and returns. It's almost as if the lazy generalization you're using is just that, a lazy generalization.

They all love it where I go, mostly because I'm there, of course. Get waited on hand and foot. Only 5 months to go for my next trip! :cloud9:

Burney
05-22-2018, 09:25 AM
That sounds pretty much like every working man's conundrum in a nutshell, imo.

Not where I work it doesn't, red. :shrug:

Ash
05-22-2018, 09:31 AM
They're also strangely attached to the letter 'x'.

As are Albanians. They too claim to have a unique 'Illyrian' lineage.

redgunamo
05-22-2018, 09:48 AM
Not where I work it doesn't, red. :shrug:

Fair enough. It's all in the mind, I suppose.

IUFG
05-22-2018, 09:50 AM
Surprising that every staff member of my bezzie resort in Fujairah with whom I have spoken (many) goes home for a month every year and returns. It's almost as if the lazy generalization you're using is just that, a lazy generalization.

They all love it where I go, mostly because I'm there, of course. Get waited on hand and foot. Only 5 months to go for my next trip! :cloud9:

Ah, Fujairah. That's a bit more Emirati populated on that side isn't it?

Either they treat the staff better or the staff are programmed to tell you everything is cool.

Does the bar at your place fill up with alcohol consuming arabs during 'Ladies Hour'?

Viva Prat Vegas
05-22-2018, 10:15 AM
This means that we will be denied the opportunity to hear Sir C perform his Brendan Rodgers impression at regular intervals

O. Kee

Sir C
05-22-2018, 10:28 AM
This means that we will be denied the opportunity to hear Sir C perform his Brendan Rodgers impression at regular intervals

O. Kee

I was rather hoping that might become my thing. Catchphrase.

Burney
05-22-2018, 10:36 AM
I was rather hoping that might become my thing. Catchphrase.

Don't worry. I'm sure this turkish fellow's accent will be most amusing and ripe for mockery - just as soon as the cvnt learns English, that is.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-22-2018, 10:44 AM
gonna work twice in a row :-(

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-22-2018, 10:48 AM
:-( I'm already feeling a bit 'You're not my real dad!' about this cvnt, to be honest.

Big pig fúcking greaseball dago bull baiting feckin wop so he is b

Sir C
05-22-2018, 10:50 AM

He can't be a dago and a wop, can he? If anything, he's a dago/frog hybrid.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-22-2018, 10:53 AM

You can fackin shut it 'n all you poncy cloggie-mick fúckface with a pilot's licence stuck up yer big lardy arse you are!

Sir C
05-22-2018, 10:54 AM
You can fackin shut it 'n all you poncy cloggie-mick fúckface with a pilot's licence stuck up yer big lardy arse you are!

:-( Someone's tired.

Burney
05-22-2018, 10:55 AM

I fear you're right, h. He doesn't look like a nice man to me.

Burney
05-22-2018, 10:56 AM

I agree. A wop is an eyetie. A dago is a spic.

Americans get this wrong, of course, but we aren't Americans and should get our derogatory racial/national epithets right.

redgunamo
05-22-2018, 10:57 AM

Message reported to Picasso, imo. His people are Italian, I think.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-22-2018, 11:01 AM
I agree. A wop is an eyetie. A dago is a spic.

Americans get this wrong, of course, but we aren't Americans and should get our derogatory racial/national epithets right.

Spics were Puerto Ricans in West Side Story were they not. Anyways, they are all basically greasy surrender monkies

Ash
05-22-2018, 11:02 AM
Spics were Puerto Ricans in West Side Story were they not. Anyways, they are all basically greasy surrender monkies

They're French now, too?

Burney
05-22-2018, 11:05 AM

Yeah, y'see I think we can safely include all Spanish speakers under the terms 'dago' or 'spic', since they all p1ss in the same pot.

WES
05-22-2018, 11:28 AM
Ah, Fujairah. That's a bit more Emirati populated on that side isn't it?

Either they treat the staff better or the staff are programmed to tell you everything is cool.

Does the bar at your place fill up with alcohol consuming arabs during 'Ladies Hour'?

Yes, although there are very few Arabs through the week. It's quite a popular place for the Dubai crowd to head at weekends, only 2 hours from Dubai.

The only time you see Arabs there other than the weekend is in the cocktail bar at night. They show up in the white robes, look down their nose at everyone and smoke cigars in the bar. You can still do that in Fujairah.

SWv2
05-22-2018, 12:46 PM

I would imagine it is also a very sad day for Jorge as this type of appointment is right up his street.

Quite confident he would find a carefully noted post from about 3-5 years ago where he suggested UE as the heir.

Sir C
05-22-2018, 12:49 PM
I would imagine it is also a very sad day for Jorge as this type of appointment is right up his street.

Quite confident he would find a carefully noted post from about 3-5 years ago where he suggested UE as the heir.

He hasn't mentioned it. He's still too distressed about HRH the Duchess of Sussex committing genocide with her wedding dress.

SWv2
05-22-2018, 12:53 PM
He hasn't mentioned it. He's still too distressed about HRH the Duchess of Sussex committing genocide with her wedding dress.

The Yankee fox?

Is she not a princess then???

Sir C
05-22-2018, 12:55 PM
The Yankee fox?

Is she not a princess then???

No, she is a duchess. Ask me not why, sw, for I am no constitutional expert. All I know is that her outrageous decision to get married wearing a dress cost thousands of innocent people their lives. Millions, possibly. Also, Thatcher done it.

Luis Anaconda
05-22-2018, 01:00 PM
No, she is a duchess. Ask me not why, sw, for I am no constitutional expert. All I know is that her outrageous decision to get married wearing a dress cost thousands of innocent people their lives. Millions, possibly. Also, Thatcher done it.

She is still a princess thus the HRH. He is HRH Prince Henry, Duke of Sussex

Which reminds me that my friend and his partner had a baby last night and decided to call him Henri. His surname is Potter. Schoolboy error

Luis Anaconda
05-22-2018, 01:03 PM

It appears BGM was ahead of the curve on this one - from two years ago

http://www.awimb.com/showthread.php?593932-If-Arsene-packed-it-in-tomorrow&highlight=Emery

PSRB
05-22-2018, 01:13 PM

http://www.awimb.com/showthread.php?593932-If-Arsene-packed-it-in-tomorrow&highlight=Emery

There's some pretty awful choices in there, with hindsight.

I was also a bit wrong :-\

Luis Anaconda
05-22-2018, 01:16 PM
There's some pretty awful choices in there, with hindsight.

I was also a bit wrong :-\

:hehe: I wasn't going to bring that up

Billy Goat Sverige
05-22-2018, 01:23 PM

He was the hot young thing back then. People are blinded by the PSG “failures” but what he did with Valencia and Sevilla was very very good. I’ve also seen people throw about the “couldn’t win the league ahead of Monaco” **** but that Monaco team were exceptional. They got to the semi finals of the Champions League battering Pep’s City along the way and were a point or two away from breaking the points record for Ligue 1.

Long story short if this were two years ago and people were making a list he’d be near the top with Klopp and Simeone.

WES
05-22-2018, 01:41 PM
He was the hot young thing back then. People are blinded by the PSG “failures” but what he did with Valencia and Sevilla was very very good. I’ve also seen people throw about the “couldn’t win the league ahead of Monaco” **** but that Monaco team were exceptional. They got to the semi finals of the Champions League battering Pep’s City along the way and were a point or two away from breaking the points record for Ligue 1.

Long story short if this were two years ago and people were making a list he’d be near the top with Klopp and Simeone.

And with PSG's money they could pretty much choose who they want within reason. And were it not for the CL loss to Real Madrid he would still be there.

I reiterate how lucky they were. There was very little between the two teams as I recall, Madrid took their chances but did not outplay PSG imo.

Luis Anaconda
05-22-2018, 01:58 PM

All very true. Completely undermined by Neymar coming in and rocking the boat as well this season but managed to steady it - I like it, bgm, I do

eastgermanautos
05-22-2018, 03:14 PM

Unai Emyrates, anyone?

We still have Jack, let's not forget. Also emerging youth such as what's his face and the other one. Reiss.

eastgermanautos
05-22-2018, 03:18 PM
She is still a princess thus the HRH. He is HRH Prince Henry, Duke of Sussex

Which reminds me that my friend and his partner had a baby last night and decided to call him Henri. His surname is Potter. Schoolboy error

That's nothing, my pal and his wife had a baby the night before last. They called him Ruckus. That's Cali for you. Ruckus Wrye.

WES
05-22-2018, 03:51 PM
We still have Jack, let's not forget. Also emerging youth such as what's his face and the other one. Reiss.

Nah, Reiss is sh1t and will come to nothing. You read it here first. :nod:

Peter
05-22-2018, 04:01 PM

That Monaco side were freakishly good.

IUFG
05-22-2018, 04:04 PM
That Monaco side were freakishly good.

I found the programme, sorry, match day magazine, from the Arsenal v Monaco game in 2015 the other day.

It has a cardboard cut out Arsene Wenger to make inside it :cry:

Still, they dicked us that night. #WengerOut