PDA

View Full Version : Xavi's gone, Iniesta's gone, Messi and Ronaldo will soon be gone,

Sir C
05-21-2018, 10:28 AM
Robben's old... we've lived through a golden age of footballers and no mistake- but who will replace the superstars? Neymar, Coutinho and Greaseman? They're not really at the same level, are they?

Burney
05-21-2018, 10:32 AM
Robben's old... we've lived through a golden age of footballers and no mistake- but who will replace the superstars? Neymar, Coutinho and Greaseman? They're not really at the same level, are they?

I suppose one will be able to say in one's dotage that one saw some of these chaps play live. The fact that one hated every single minute of watching them due tho them playing against us and being distressingly good will probably be omitted, however.

PSRB
05-21-2018, 10:33 AM

Hazard, Ozil.....Reiss Nelson :-)

Sir C
05-21-2018, 10:34 AM
Hazard, Ozil.....Reiss Nelson :-)

1. Too Belgian
2. Too boggly-eyed
3. Too shít

Sir C
05-21-2018, 10:35 AM
I suppose one will be able to say in one's dotage that one saw some of these chaps play live. The fact that one hated every single minute of watching them due tho them playing against us and being distressingly good will probably be omitted, however.

You're abolsutely right, come to think of it. I've seen each and every one of those fúckers and I hated every minute.

Burney
05-21-2018, 10:45 AM
You're abolsutely right, come to think of it. I've seen each and every one of those fúckers and I hated every minute.

:nod: I remember watching Ronaldo play against us for United and fervently wishing that both his legs would break.

SWv2
05-21-2018, 10:46 AM
I have seen internet links recently suggesting Mo Salah is the heir apparent to the throne of the two lads.

For real.

Mo Salah.

Good lord.

Burney
05-21-2018, 10:49 AM
I have seen internet links recently suggesting Mo Salah is the heir apparent to the throne of the two lads.

For real.

Mo Salah.

Good lord.

I don't watch other teams these days, watch a bare minimum of our live games and don't watch highlights if we lose, so I can honestly say I've no idea about Mo Salah at all. What's he like?

Luis Anaconda
05-21-2018, 10:53 AM

For real.

Mo Salah.

Good lord.
Fairly sure if it was suggested Ronaldo would be a multiple world player of the year in 2007, you would have similarly scoffed

SWv2
05-21-2018, 11:03 AM
Fairly sure if it was suggested Ronaldo would be a multiple world player of the year in 2007, you would have similarly scoffed

I can’t exactly recall 2007 to be perfectly honest but I think it became clear as Ronaldo’s career at United progressed that he was a serious football talent. Getting signed by the biggest club in world football simply helped him along his path.

Salah has had a brilliant season, no argument there. Personally I wouldn’t have given him POTY but I can understand the logic in doing so.

If they lose on Saturday which please god they will then he has just scored a load of goals in a domestic league.

barrybueno
05-21-2018, 11:08 AM
I don't watch other teams these days, watch a bare minimum of our live games and don't watch highlights if we lose, so I can honestly say I've no idea about Mo Salah at all. What's he like?

Walks like an Egyptian B, scores like Boyzone in a brothel. Plays with a smile on his face so I can't help but like him tbh

Rich
05-21-2018, 11:20 AM

Mohamed Salah Ghaly
Kylian Mbappe
Kasper Dolberg

Viva Prat Vegas
05-21-2018, 11:23 AM
Did you go to the Wedding , Rich ?
You look like you would have fitted in with all the pre match chit chat

Rich
05-21-2018, 11:27 AM
Did you go to the Wedding , Rich ?
You look like you would have fitted in with all the pre match chit chat

My invite wasn't forthcoming, as it happens. A terrible mix-up.

Wasn't it a splendid occasion, though? Apart from the American chap shouting for 20 minutes.

Viva Prat Vegas
05-21-2018, 11:29 AM
Indeed it was a magnificent spectacle
I thought the carriage looked cheap though
Like a great big pram

Luis Anaconda
05-21-2018, 11:30 AM
I can’t exactly recall 2007 to be perfectly honest but I think it became clear as Ronaldo’s career at United progressed that he was a serious football talent. Getting signed by the biggest club in world football simply helped him along his path.

Salah has had a brilliant season, no argument there. Personally I wouldn’t have given him POTY but I can understand the logic in doing so.

If they lose on Saturday which please god they will then he has just scored a load of goals in a domestic league.

Your logic is confusing - are you saying Salah has peaked and couldn’t possibly go on and have the sort of success at a Real or a Barca? Maybe not in terms of matching the aforementioned figures but certainly scoring heavily?

SWv2
05-21-2018, 11:42 AM
Your logic is confusing - are you saying Salah has peaked and couldn’t possibly go on and have the sort of success at a Real or a Barca? Maybe not in terms of matching the aforementioned figures but certainly scoring heavily?

I have no real idea what to expect from him to be honest so I can’t say he has peaked or not.

You and I as students of the game were of course aware of the lad before he arrived at Anfield but I can say I never expected anything like the goal return we have seen from him. Is it a freak season, it can happen of course but that is not in any way to take credit away from him, it is an outstanding return.

Liverpool will presumably improve next season as they again spend big so he will be in the spotlight again but I genuinely have no real idea what to expect from him. He isn’t going to be jumping ship to one of the two big boys just yet.

Ronaldo was always a star or going to be one, Messi similar. I just mention these two as they were mentioned at the beginning of the topic. Salah has kind of came from ‘nowhere’ at 25-26 or whatever.

Rich
05-21-2018, 11:44 AM
I have no real idea what to expect from him to be honest so I can’t say he has peaked or not.

You and I as students of the game were of course aware of the lad before he arrived at Anfield but I can say I never expected anything like the goal return we have seen from him. Is it a freak season, it can happen of course but that is not in any way to take credit away from him, it is an outstanding return.

Liverpool will presumably improve next season as they again spend big so he will be in the spotlight again but I genuinely have no real idea what to expect from him. He isn’t going to be jumping ship to one of the two big boys just yet.

Ronaldo was always a star or going to be one, Messi similar. I just mention these two as they were mentioned at the beginning of the topic. Salah has kind of came from ‘nowhere’ at 25-26 or whatever.

Didn't Ramsey have a season where he scored around 30 goals from central midfield?

IUFG
05-21-2018, 11:47 AM
:nod: I remember watching Ronaldo play against us for United and fervently wishing that both his legs would break.

Ronaldo? I give you Manuel Almunia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zIWW8pVpyg

best watched with the sound off tbh

IUFG
05-21-2018, 11:49 AM
Didn't Ramsey have a season where he scored around 30 goals from central midfield?

I don't think so.

WES
05-21-2018, 11:53 AM

Not far off, Rich. He scored 16 once. :rolleyes:

If you're interested, over the past 7 seasons post his injury he has averaged just about 7 goals per season in all competitions, just under 5 per year in the league.

Pokster
05-21-2018, 11:58 AM
Not far off, Rich. He scored 16 once. :rolleyes:

If you're interested, over the past 7 seasons post his injury he has averaged just about 7 goals per season in all competitions, just under 5 per year in the league.

And last season set up or scored more goals than our goggle eyed £350k a week "star" who does even less defensive work than AR. Well done AR, sign him up for a new contract

SWv2
05-21-2018, 12:01 PM
And last season set up or scored more goals than our goggle eyed £350k a week "star" who does even less defensive work than AR. Well done AR, sign him up for a new contract

Off to United or Liverpool I believe*.

*saw a headline

Sir C
05-21-2018, 12:06 PM
Off to United or Liverpool I believe*.

*saw a headline

Some journalist-type reckons he's got the arse with seeing himself continually slagged by Arsenal 'fans' on social media, and wants to go somewhere he's more appreciated. In short, wes is a ****.

Luis Anaconda
05-21-2018, 12:11 PM

Fair points - I just thought you were a bit dismissive of his potential potential. I quite like the smiling Egyptian and I really ****ing hate Liverpool. Plus it is a holiday here and sunny - I have been drinking for some time

Luis Anaconda
05-21-2018, 12:12 PM
Some journalist-type reckons he's got the arse with seeing himself continually slagged by Arsenal 'fans' on social media, and wants to go somewhere he's more appreciated. In short, wes is a ****.

I told you not to tell anyone

Sir C
05-21-2018, 12:13 PM
Fair points - I just thought you were a bit dismissive of his potential potential. I quite like the smiling Egyptian and I really ****ing hate Liverpool. Plus it is a holiday here and sunny - I have been drinking for some time

What does he do though? I've seen him score goals, but any decent athlete can score goals aplenty, look at Henry.

I'm talking about real footballers, la.

Luis Anaconda
05-21-2018, 12:16 PM
What does he do though? I've seen him score goals, but any decent athlete can score goals aplenty, look at Henry.

I'm talking about real footballers, la.
He has a lovely smile

WES
05-21-2018, 12:16 PM

Why just the other day I was saying that if Arteta implements a system similar to Pep's the midfield role played by Silva and KDB might be ideal for the Welsher. Provided he can adjust his style of play, of course.

I thought that was positively complimentary. :shrug:

Still hate the useless Welsh c*nt mind. :-)

Sir C
05-21-2018, 12:21 PM
He has a lovely smile

Fair enough.

SWv2
05-21-2018, 01:19 PM

Difficult to dislike him really.

Now having said that I bought SW Jnr a new pair of football boots yesterday (white!!!!) and in his excitement in the shop he turned and asked me if I knew who wore the same boots.

There was I think Aubameyang, Mkhytarian, Lacazatte.

No. Mo fúcking Salah.

redgunamo
05-22-2018, 06:06 AM

No, you're right. We have been uncommonly fortunate.