PDA

View Full Version : It's quite obviously not going to be Arteta, is it ?

7sisters
05-17-2018, 03:06 PM
I'm beginning to feel there's far too much intense press speculation piling on to the lad. It's all peaking a bit too early.

It'll now almost certainly be some chap totally flying beneath the radar, who'll no doubt burst forth to p*ss on everyone's chips a couple of days before the announcement.

Ash
05-17-2018, 03:10 PM
It looked like Arteta was already pissing on some people's chips. As if anything could set the grumblies off more than a bloke who has never managed a game of football in his life.

Allardyce would be good for a laugh.

7sisters
05-17-2018, 03:16 PM
Indeed. Steve Bruce likewise.
It's actually quite unfair that this anti UK manager climate has been allowed to proliferate at board level of the very best clubs in the Prem.
Some might argue it's a good thing but it must serve as a huge deterrent towards aspiring young managers who build their profiles in the lower leagues.
I've nothing against Arteta taking the job but you can see the harm it could do in a wider sense.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-17-2018, 03:38 PM
It looked like Arteta was already pissing on some people's chips. As if anything could set the grumblies off more than a bloke who has never managed a game of football in his life.

Guardian reading, pony tailed w@nkers scurrying out of the ArabBowl like rats off a sinking ship, heading back to Cricket.

The same eedjuts I heard applauding TH when he missed a farkin' pelanty

Ash
05-17-2018, 04:06 PM
Imagine thousands of Guardian reading, pony tailed w@nkers scurrying out of the ArabBowl like rats off a sinking ship, heading back to Cricket.

Bit harsh on Peter, perhaps.

Rich
05-17-2018, 04:07 PM
I'm beginning to feel there's far too much intense press speculation piling on to the lad. It's all peaking a bit too early.

It'll now almost certainly be some chap totally flying beneath the radar, who'll no doubt burst forth to p*ss on everyone's chips a couple of days before the announcement.

Sky saying we are now in talks with Henry to do it. Jesus wept.

Give Allegri the transfer budget he wants and be done with it.

Tony C
05-17-2018, 04:14 PM
I can confirm...

Arteta asked Santi to be his No2 but Santi wants to keep on playing. He is now in talks with Abou Diaby for the role.

The two roomed together extensively on sway trips.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-17-2018, 07:05 PM

Alan Pardew would be hilarious.

Tony Pulis, on the other hand, would not be.

Luis Anaconda
05-18-2018, 08:10 AM
Indeed. Steve Bruce likewise.
It's actually quite unfair that this anti UK manager climate has been allowed to proliferate at board level of the very best clubs in the Prem.
Some might argue it's a good thing but it must serve as a huge deterrent towards aspiring young managers who build their profiles in the lower leagues.
I've nothing against Arteta taking the job but you can see the harm it could do in a wider sense.

Anti-UK manager climate :hehe: What absolute *******s - does Richard Keys send out a group email telling you what crap to spout? England couldn't even find an English manager for years, why should the big clubs look at ****ing arseholes like Allardyce and Pardew. Moyes showed he was completely out of his depth (as did Allardyce at Newcastle). Of the younger ones, Howe may get a shot in time but not really many other shouting out for a top, top job.

SWv2
05-18-2018, 08:17 AM
Anti-UK manager climate :hehe: What absolute *******s - does Richard Keys send out a group email telling you what crap to spout? England couldn't even find an English manager for years, why should the big clubs look at ****ing arseholes like Allardyce and Pardew. Moyes showed he was completely out of his depth (as did Allardyce at Newcastle). Of the younger ones, Howe may get a shot in time but not really many other shouting out for a top, top job.

Message forwarded to Steven Gerrard @ Rangers.com

Luis Anaconda
05-18-2018, 08:19 AM
Message forwarded to Steven Gerrard @ Rangers.com
Do they still play football?