PDA

View Full Version : Ever had a doctor actually laugh at you while giving a diagnosis/prognosis?

The Insider
05-15-2018, 12:09 PM
Happened to me yesterday as my GP reviewed an X-ray of my knee. Short of actually using the words 'you're ****ed', I don't think she could have been more direct. She then went on to tell how nasty knee replacement ops are and how poor the success rate is!

Quite made my Monday morning......!

Sir C
05-15-2018, 12:14 PM
Happened to me yesterday as my GP reviewed an X-ray of my knee. Short of actually using the words 'you're ****ed', I don't think she could have been more direct. She then went on to tell how nasty knee replacement ops are and how poor the success rate is!

Quite made my Monday morning......!

You're not actually Santi Cazorla are you, ti? :-(

Is your knee damage of the 'can't run so well any more' variety or the 'need a stick to walk to the shops' type?

The Insider
05-15-2018, 12:17 PM
You're not actually Santi Cazorla are you, ti? :-(

Is your knee damage of the 'can't run so well any more' variety or the 'need a stick to walk to the shops' type?

It is of the 'can't get out of bed without necking buckets of codeine' type! Running ceased to be an option years ago and Mrs Insider stopped sending me to the shops ever since I came back with brandy for lunch.

Sir C
05-15-2018, 12:19 PM
It is of the 'can't get out of bed without necking buckets of codeine' type! Running ceased to be an option years ago and Mrs Insider stopped sending me to the shops ever since I came back with brandy for lunch.

I'm sorry to hear that, ti. Is it the old football-related cartilage and general wear jobbie?

The Insider
05-15-2018, 12:45 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, ti. Is it the old football-related cartilage and general wear jobbie?

Shhh, don't tell a soul, but it was from.....rugby! In the early '80s when ligament replacement surgery was not was it is is today!

Sir C
05-15-2018, 12:51 PM
Shhh, don't tell a soul, but it was from.....rugby! In the early '80s when ligament replacement surgery was not was it is is today!

Your secret is safe with me, old chap. On the other hand, I now have no sympathy for you.