PDA

View Full Version : So this weekend will be John Motson's last commentary.

Burney
05-08-2018, 02:27 PM
To be honest, I don't really care. Always hated him as a commentator. Literally never once has he said anything interesting or enlightening.

In short: good riddance, Motson.

PSRB
05-08-2018, 02:28 PM
To be honest, I don't really care. Always hated him as a commentator. Literally never once has he said anything interesting or enlightening.

Isn't this about his 5th last ever commentary game?

Sir C
05-08-2018, 02:30 PM

I agree. The only one ever worth more than a cup of cold piss was Barry Davis. "When will they learn?"

Imagine a Barry Davis / BFR dreamteam!

Viva Prat Vegas
05-08-2018, 02:38 PM
Motty's voice hasn't been quite right since about 1998

David Coleman was the best
"Osborne Wan-Nil"

Viva Prat Vegas
05-08-2018, 02:39 PM
I gather Motty is a Spurs supporter too
Ergo : cund

Burney
05-08-2018, 02:41 PM
I agree. The only one ever worth more than a cup of cold piss was Barry Davis. "When will they learn?"

Imagine a Barry Davis / BFR dreamteam!

The only problem with Barry Davies was that he always seemed a bit too keen to make it clear that he was a cut above these other commentator types and had been to University.

Pat Vegas
05-08-2018, 02:43 PM

I associate his voice with failure.
My least favourite current commentator is Alan Parry.
I think that's his name anyway.

Sir C
05-08-2018, 02:46 PM
The only problem with Barry Davies was that he always seemed a bit too keen to make it clear that he was a cut above these other commentator types and had been to University.

Baldy-head ****.

Him, not you.

Burney
05-08-2018, 02:46 PM
I associate his voice with failure.
My least favourite current commentator is Alan Parry.
I think that's his name anyway.

Scouse cvnt?

Viva Prat Vegas
05-08-2018, 02:48 PM
Davies used to frown upon punch-ups on the pitch
"This is a side of the game we really don't wish to endure"

Oh belt up Barry !

Burney
05-08-2018, 02:49 PM
Davies used to frown upon punch-ups on the pitch
"This is a side of the game we really don't wish to endure"

Oh belt up Barry !

Yes. He also used to get very po-faced about pitch invaders and streakers. Tw@t.

Sir C
05-08-2018, 02:50 PM
Yes. He also used to get very po-faced about pitch invaders and streakers. Tw@t.

He lacked the sheer, joyless, grimly soul-sucking hatred of the game that characterises Alan Green's work, though.

Luis Anaconda
05-08-2018, 02:50 PM

Couldn't stand him. Pompous arse best summed up by his commentary on our cup replay against Newcastle in 2002, when he seemed reluctant to break away from his diatribe about our supposedly weakened team and lack of respect for the competition to commentate on the goal we had just scored to put us one up within a couple of minutes. We were 2-0 up before 10 minutes had gone, the goalscorers being Robert Pires and Dennis Bergkamp. Also the game Bobby did his knee in which I blame Davies for

Pat Vegas
05-08-2018, 02:51 PM
Scouse cvnt?

yeah that's the one

Burney
05-08-2018, 02:52 PM
He lacked the sheer, joyless, grimly soul-sucking hatred of the game that characterises Alan Green's work, though.

Yes. Green is a very peculiar creature. I used to think he just hated football fans, which I thought was fair enough, but no, he does seem to hate football itself.

Luis Anaconda
05-08-2018, 02:57 PM
yeah that's the one
He seemed to do all our away defeats to the "lesser" teams this season

Luis Anaconda
05-08-2018, 02:58 PM
Yes. Green is a very peculiar creature. I used to think he just hated football fans, which I thought was fair enough, but no, he does seem to hate football itself.

I can't listen to him. I think there was one match recently when I tried but between him and Danny **** **** **** Mills I had to switch the radio off

Burney
05-08-2018, 03:10 PM
I can't listen to him. I think there was one match recently when I tried but between him and Danny **** **** **** Mills I had to switch the radio off

How did Danny Mills get a gig as a pundit? He's as thick as two short planks.

Danny Murphy's sh1t as well. Not as stupid, but still sh1t.

IUFG
05-08-2018, 03:18 PM

Ah! Danny Mills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q396G-284Sk

World's End Stella
05-08-2018, 03:24 PM

I like Alan Green :hide:

Burney
05-08-2018, 03:40 PM

But why? He's relentlessly hectoring, snide, hypercritical, mean-spirited an...oh, I see.

IUFG
05-08-2018, 03:40 PM

I remember listening to Radio 5 years ago when the studio went across to Goodison Park for Alan Green's update on Everton v Whoever and the update amounted to "this is absolutely dire. Back to the studio." :hehe:

He's generally a bit of ****, mind

Burney
05-08-2018, 03:49 PM
I remember listening to Radio 5 years ago when the studio went across to Goodison Park for Alan Green's update on Everton v Whoever and the update amounted to "this is absolutely dire. Back to the studio." :hehe:

He's generally a bit of ****, mind

Remember how much everyone used to be in love with Stuart Hall and his whimsical match reports?

Then he turned out to be a nonce. Not so whimsical.

IUFG
05-08-2018, 04:08 PM
Remember how much everyone used to be in love with Stuart Hall and his whimsical match reports?

Then he turned out to be a nonce. Not so whimsical.

Are you suggesting that Alan Green is a nonce?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-08-2018, 08:36 PM

He's no Brian Moore