PDA

View Full Version : The media coverage of Ferguson's illness is interesting.

Burney
05-08-2018, 09:21 AM
They basically all seemed to wheel out the obituaries - apparently assuming he's fvcked. Fair enough, but does that mean they're going to wheel them out all over again when he does actually cark it? :-(

7sisters
05-08-2018, 09:24 AM
I think given the coverage on Wengers retirement over the past couple of weeks, you’re skating on thin ice here...

Luis Anaconda
05-08-2018, 09:25 AM
I think given the coverage on Wengers retirement over the past couple of weeks, you’re skating on thin ice here...
He isn't retiring :shrug:

7sisters
05-08-2018, 09:27 AM
Yes, silly me, he may only be dying ..

Sir C
05-08-2018, 09:27 AM
They basically all seemed to wheel out the obituaries - apparently assuming he's fvcked. Fair enough, but does that mean they're going to wheel them out all over again when he does actually cark it? :-(

They've got to fill all that bandwidth with something, b. If bandwidth is indeed the word I need.

I seem to remember from my experience of my mother's first brain haemorrhage that if it was operable, and you survived the operation, the prognosis was pretty good.

7sisters
05-08-2018, 09:33 AM
I heard a Doc on the radio yesterday state that 40% die, 40 % end up dribblers and only 20% make a full recovery, within a year .

Burney
05-08-2018, 09:38 AM
They've got to fill all that bandwidth with something, b. If bandwidth is indeed the word I need.

I seem to remember from my experience of my mother's first brain haemorrhage that if it was operable, and you survived the operation, the prognosis was pretty good.

Oh, I obviously wish him well, but the media's haste to condemn him to death was rather unseemly, to say the least.

Tony C
05-08-2018, 10:36 AM
20% is good odds. That’s 1 in 4 not to die or be a Giggsy.

I’d take them odds if I batted a solid innings like him imo

Good luck to him.