PDA

View Full Version : Bosnian media reporting the Liverpool assistant will be our next

Billy Goat Sverige
05-01-2018, 09:52 AM
manager. Supposedly a very reliable source when it comes to news on him in particular.

IUFG
05-01-2018, 09:54 AM
manager. Supposedly a very reliable source when it comes to news on him in particular.

:rubchin:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/30/jurgen-klopps-trusted-assistant-zeljko-buvac-verge-leaving-liverpool/

I used to quite like his early work with David Baddiel

PSRB
05-01-2018, 09:57 AM
:rubchin:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/30/jurgen-klopps-trusted-assistant-zeljko-buvac-verge-leaving-liverpool/

I used to quite like his early work with David Baddiel

2+2 = 5, He worked at Dortmund with Minsalat, seems a bit of a left field one to me

IUFG
05-01-2018, 09:58 AM
2+2 = 5, He worked at Dortmund with Minsalat, seems a bit of left field one to me

true. Anyone with a connection to Dortmund will be thrown into the Arsenal pot

Rich
05-01-2018, 10:08 AM

Bosnian media :-|

PSRB
05-01-2018, 10:09 AM
Bosnian media :-|

Same media outlet that broke Klopp and this chap going to Liverpool, the day before Rogers was sacked.........

Bookies still have him at 14/1

Rich
05-01-2018, 10:11 AM
Same media outlet that broke Klopp and this chap going to Liverpool, the day before Rogers was sacked.........

Bookies still have him at 14/1

A complete joke of an appointment if we bring him in :angry:

PSRB
05-01-2018, 10:13 AM
A complete joke of an appointment if we bring him in :angry:

Why's that, Rich? Please explain......

Highly respected and reportedly a fantastic coach.

Not to dissimilar appointment to a certain AW 22 years ago.

SWv2
05-01-2018, 10:16 AM

Apparently the brains behind the Klopp operation.

p.s. Minsalat?

:hehe:

PSRB
05-01-2018, 10:17 AM

p.s. Minsalat?

I couldn't be arsed attempting to look it up :-)

Billy Goat Sverige
05-01-2018, 10:19 AM

p.s. Minsalat?

It would be a much more logical "left field" appointment than someone like Arteta.

Rich
05-01-2018, 10:21 AM

p.s. Minsalat?

Arsene had held manegerial positions before. This chap has none. We may as well give it to SW on the grounds that he was the brains behind County Cavan u10’s 3rd place finish in 17-18.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-01-2018, 11:31 AM

p.s. Minsalat?

for a second I thought you were referring to Rich

IUFG
05-01-2018, 11:35 AM
for a second I thought you were referring to Rich

Rich isn't even the brains behind Rich

Ash
05-01-2018, 11:42 AM

Yugoslavian :cloud9:

Zeljko Buvac: A Bosnian Serb with a Croatian name, pronounced Jelko (soft J) Boovach I believe. The Peter Taylor to Jurgen's Brian Cluff?

If it annoys Rich's pretend character it'll be a good appointment imo.

Rich
05-01-2018, 11:45 AM

Zeljko Buvac: A Bosnian Serb with a Croatian name, pronounced Jelko (soft J) Boovach I believe. The Peter Taylor to Jurgen's Brian Cluff?

The chap is nearly 57 and hasn’t managed in his life. Talk about a ‘bold’ appointment. Not sure a job like Arsenal manager is for him at this stage.

Perhaps I can tolerate this if it’s as Allegri’s number 2 but Buvac is now bookies favourite :-( .

I hate Arsenal.

Ash
05-01-2018, 11:55 AM
The chap is nearly 57 and hasn’t managed in his life.

It'll probably be less than 22 years till the next chap then.

Rich
05-01-2018, 11:57 AM
It'll probably be less than 22 years till the next chap then.

I have consulted Twitter and concluded that it’s lazy journalism/greedy bookies. The guy’s dad is about to die and he’s in Bosnia. Though apparently travelled to Rome for the game tomorrow. Phew! And shame on the press.

Pokster
05-01-2018, 12:06 PM
The chap is nearly 57 and hasn’t managed in his life. Talk about a ‘bold’ appointment. Not sure a job like Arsenal manager is for him at this stage.

Perhaps I can tolerate this if it’s as Allegri’s number 2 but Buvac is now bookies favourite :-( .

I hate Arsenal.

Will you stop posting on here then ? #clutchinatstraws

Rich
05-01-2018, 12:10 PM
Will you stop posting on here then ? #clutchinatstraws

*clutching

You’re thicker than Corbyn, ffs.

Pokster
05-01-2018, 12:38 PM
*clutching

You’re thicker than Corbyn, ffs.

oooh I missed a g off, shocking ..... cock, you not Corbyn

Peter
05-01-2018, 02:21 PM

We have been over this. Wenger was a very successful manager with Monaco who took an unusual job in Japan.

This bloke appears to be Klopp's Pat Rice. It really isnt comparable.

PSRB
05-01-2018, 02:57 PM
We have been over this. Wenger was a very successful manager with Monaco who took an unusual job in Japan.

This bloke appears to be Klopp's Pat Rice. It really isnt comparable.

My middle line was the important one

Peter
05-01-2018, 03:05 PM

Everyone would say that about Pat Rice.

We need a manager, not a cone man.

Rich
05-01-2018, 03:05 PM

I'm sure Liam Brady is a fantastic coach as well. Should we give the job to him?

Apparently Buvac hates the limelight which is the main reason that he's never wanted to manage a club. It's nonsense made up by the press, thankfully.

Burney
05-01-2018, 03:11 PM
I'm sure Liam Brady is a fantastic coach as well. Should we give the job to him?

Apparently Buvac hates the limelight which is the main reason that he's never wanted to manage a club. It's nonsense made up by the press, thankfully.

Why ever not? What harm can it do? Everyone keeps telling me it doesn't really matter who the manager is now, anyway. It's all being run by chaps with giant brains behind the scenes, apparently.

Rich
05-01-2018, 03:21 PM
Why ever not? What harm can it do? Everyone keeps telling me it doesn't really matter who the manager is now, anyway. It's all being run by chaps with giant brains behind the scenes, apparently.

Hmm, maybe so. Just leave it to Bould/Per :internalsolutions:

Tony C
05-01-2018, 06:46 PM
His old man is dying...hence the reason he’s taken time off at a critical point in the season for personal reasons.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-01-2018, 08:53 PM

..and their I was thinking that Dragan Stojkovic would be the next Arsenal manager...

Yesterday Once More
05-02-2018, 06:46 AM
Apparently Professor Snape is being seriously considered. There is more to his "compassionate leave" from Liverpool than they are letting on.

Bold move.. we should have gone for the sorcerer when he was available, now we are sniffing around his apprentice

redgunamo
05-02-2018, 07:46 AM

That's just me, I think. Most seem to believe the choice of manager is of paramount importance. Crazy, imo.

redgunamo
05-02-2018, 08:41 AM

Damning the fellow with faint praise, imo. People with real, tangible achievements (let's say trophies, league titles) are almost never described that way.

redgunamo
05-02-2018, 08:56 AM

I hate Arsenal.

Inclined to agree. Your first job as a manager should not be at a top club. If the guy is a promising talent then let him prove it first at Swindon Town or somewhere like that, not in the Premier League.

It seems sort of like a reverse Jerry Collins; legendary career, almost fifty caps for New Zealand, eventually earned the right to turn out for the Barnstaple RFC seconds and wear their stockings at Twickenham with the Barbarians :homer:

PSRB
05-02-2018, 08:58 AM
Inclined to agree. Your first job as a manager should not be at a top club. If the guy is a promising talent then let him prove it first at Swindon Town or somewhere like that, not in the Premier League.

It seems sort of like a reverse Jerry Collins; legendary career, almost fifty caps for New Zealand, eventually earned the right to turn out for the Barnstaple RFC seconds and wear their stockings at Twickenham with the Barbarians :homer:

Zidane, Mourinho, Guardiola, etc do not like this

Luis Anaconda
05-02-2018, 09:15 AM

Hmm - not sure Mourinho really counts in that respect. He lasted two months in his first role at Benfica and then cut his teeth at União de Leiria

Rich
05-02-2018, 09:18 AM
Hmm - not sure Mourinho really counts in that respect. He lasted two months in his first role at Benfica and then cut his teeth at União de Leiria

And Zidane & Pep were hardly faced with a dearth of talent at their respective clubs. This ignores the fact that Buvac supposedly dislikes the media spotlight etc. How would he really cope with facing several interviews per week?

redgunamo
05-02-2018, 09:48 AM

Sorry a dog made off with my sandwich before I could add the obvious caveat. Took me a while to run her down.

A new-bug manager who is "of the club" is fine, of course. Steve Bould for instance. ZZ at Madrid or Pep at Barcelona etc.

It's not really about the football, more about the optics.

Luis Anaconda
05-02-2018, 10:15 AM
And Zidane & Pep were hardly faced with a dearth of talent at their respective clubs. This ignores the fact that Buvac supposedly dislikes the media spotlight etc. How would he really cope with facing several interviews per week?

Well, if you read more reputable papers, he isn't in line for the top job but a place on the coaching staff :shrug:

Rich
05-02-2018, 10:17 AM
Well, if you read more reputable papers, he isn't in line for the top job but a place on the coaching staff :shrug:

I would be more than happy with that but it would seem a bit of a downgrade on his present job, don't you think? Also, if we're going down the route of a head coach rather than a manager then I guess that would mean that he was on the coaching staff.

PSRB
05-02-2018, 10:53 AM

We hardly have a dearth of talent, no matter what the press would have you believe. Some brilliant young talent at the club

Luis Anaconda
05-02-2018, 11:40 AM
I would be more than happy with that but it would seem a bit of a downgrade on his present job, don't you think? Also, if we're going down the route of a head coach rather than a manager then I guess that would mean that he was on the coaching staff.

As much as a head teacher is on the teaching staff, I guess, but I am sure you know the difference. If he sees himself as a mentor type (as had been suggested he is) than he has little more work to do at Liverpool, creating a new super-manager at Arsenal could be a challenge he craves. All up in the air though so best not to believe anything until it is confirmed by Mickey Pearce