PDA

View Full Version : Fvck me but Diane Abbott is a thick, useless lump of lard

Burney
04-30-2018, 09:00 AM
The Home Secretary's just had to resign, Labour should be making easy capital from it, but then they wheel out Abbott and she can barely string a sentence together. In fact, all she manages to do is to leave everyone utterly confused as to what Labour's immigration policy is. :hehe:

https://twitter.com/Jamin2g/status/990868894343626752

AFC East
04-30-2018, 05:28 PM
The Home Secretary's just had to resign, Labour should be making easy capital from it, but then they wheel out Abbott and she can barely string a sentence together. In fact, all she manages to do is to leave everyone utterly confused as to what Labour's immigration policy is. :hehe:

I've met her a couple of times. I don't agree with (all of) her politics and I don't think she's a very good politician, but she is a very ****ing long way from thick. Quite the reverse.

Peter
04-30-2018, 06:11 PM
I've met her a couple of times. I don't agree with (all of) her politics and I don't think she's a very good politician, but she is a very ****ing long way from thick. Quite the reverse.

B likes to believe that all lefties are thick. He takes comfort in it and it helps him to understand how they can possibly believe what they do.

I mean, Theresa May is no intellectual heavyweight.....

AFC East
04-30-2018, 07:24 PM
B likes to believe that all lefties are thick. He takes comfort in it and it helps him to understand how they can possibly believe what they do.

I mean, Theresa May is no intellectual heavyweight.....

Maybe not, but she is a far better politician than Ms. Abbot and given that this is the career they have both chosen, she wins.

Political threads on awimb (and most other social media) tends to the polarisation of each other's views. It makes for very poor discussion, but it does remove the need to listen or to keep an open mind.

The whole left/right distinction is so reductive, you can almost ignore any debate that uses the terms as a short-hand.

Peter
04-30-2018, 07:27 PM
Maybe not, but she is a far better politician than Ms. Abbot and given that this is the career they have both chosen, she wins.

Political threads on awimb (and most other social media) tends to the polarisation of each other's views. It makes for very poor discussion, but it does remove the need to listen or to keep an open mind.

The whole left/right distinction is so reductive, you can almost ignore any debate that uses the terms as a short-hand.

Ah, so you are a Liberal Democrat, then! :)

Bloody centrists......

IUFG
05-01-2018, 09:01 AM
a quite spectacular level of ineptitude there, tbf

Burney
05-01-2018, 09:02 AM

Your personal experience is of course valid. I, on the other hand, have never met the woman and can only go on her public utterances. In her professional role, she is unfailingly incoherent, rambling, easily flustered, has a pathetically poor grasp of detail in general and her brief in particular. She is now basically a guaranteed car crash interview for any half-competent TV or radio presenter - to such an extent, in fact, that she has to be kept away from such confrontations as far as is possible given the fact that she is the Shadow for one of the great offices of state.

So I guess we are confronted with the question of to what extent an inability to do one of the most basic aspects of the job one has chosen is indicative of intellectual shortcomings? Is she stupid or simply incompetent? And to what extent does one imply the other?

All I will say with respect to your personal testimony is that if she's not thick, she does a damn good impression of it.

And that is without even starting to address her poltical views...

World's End Stella
05-01-2018, 11:06 AM
Your personal experience is of course valid. I, on the other hand, have never met the woman and can only go on her public utterances. In her professional role, she is unfailingly incoherent, rambling, easily flustered, has a pathetically poor grasp of detail in general and her brief in particular. She is now basically a guaranteed car crash interview for any half-competent TV or radio presenter - to such an extent, in fact, that she has to be kept away from such confrontations as far as is possible given the fact that she is the Shadow for one of the great offices of state.

So I guess we are confronted with the question of to what extent an inability to do one of the most basic aspects of the job one has chosen is indicative of intellectual shortcomings? Is she stupid or simply incompetent? And to what extent does one imply the other?

All I will say with respect to your personal testimony is that if she's not thick, she does a damn good impression of it.

I think that - pretty much without exception - intelligent people are able to add up. See also Jeremy '2 Es at A level' Corbyn. :nod:

eastgermanautos
05-01-2018, 02:33 PM

How are her t!ts though? Anything I should pay attention to?

Peter
05-01-2018, 02:51 PM

I dont think stupidity and incompetence are necessarily the same thing. One might be thoroughly hopeless at one thing and wonderful at another. You also shouldn't assume that politicians enter politics because they think they are going to be good at it. At the level of a backbencher it is the perfect job for someone of good moral standing and very little brain- and far better money than such an individual would earn elsewhere. Total and complete incompetence only tends to come to light when one accepts a role in government.

Some of the lowly politicians I have met are among the stupidest people I have ever encountered. THe same can also be said for academics.

Burney
05-01-2018, 02:59 PM
I dont think stupidity and incompetence are necessarily the same thing. One might be thoroughly hopeless at one thing and wonderful at another. You also shouldn't assume that politicians enter politics because they think they are going to be good at it. At the level of a backbencher it is the perfect job for someone of good moral standing and very little brain- and far better money than such an individual would earn elsewhere. Total and complete incompetence only tends to come to light when one accepts a role in government.

Some of the lowly politicians I have met are among the stupidest people I have ever encountered. THe same can also be said for academics.

Sorry, but are you arguing that she is stupid or that she isn't? :-)

Peter
05-01-2018, 03:04 PM
Sorry, but are you arguing that she is stupid or that she isn't? :-)

I live in Essex, B. In comparison she is a ****ing genius.

I wouldnt say she was stupid, as such. I would say she is pretty ****ing useless as a serious politician and pretty good as a backbench constituency MP.

Too many people think this stuff is easy- giving interviews, coming off well, giving the right answers, particularly where you are trying to defend the indefensible. It really is rather difficult.

Ian Duncan-Smith, for example. THat man is anything but thick but what a bumbling, pathetic clown of a party leader.

Tony Adams- evidently as thick as a plank, and a bit mental- but what a centreback, what a captain.

Stupidity is overrated as a failing sometimes.

Burney
05-01-2018, 03:09 PM
I live in Essex, B. In comparison she is a ****ing genius.

I wouldnt say she was stupid, as such. I would say she is pretty ****ing useless as a serious politician and pretty good as a backbench constituency MP.

Too many people think this stuff is easy- giving interviews, coming off well, giving the right answers, particularly where you are trying to defend the indefensible. It really is rather difficult.

Ian Duncan-Smith, for example. THat man is anything but thick but what a bumbling, pathetic clown of a party leader.

Tony Adams- evidently as thick as a plank, and a bit mental- but what a centreback, what a captain.

Stupidity is overrated as a failing sometimes.

Yes, well the Peter Principle applies, obviously. However, even accepting that she has been promoted far beyond her level of competence, Abbott is taking the p1ss.

Peter
05-01-2018, 04:03 PM
Yes, well the Peter Principle applies, obviously. However, even accepting that she has been promoted far beyond her level of competence, Abbott is taking the p1ss.

I think that's fair. After all, our PRimeMinister has been promoted way beyond her level of competence but it isnt her fault. She does her best to cope, trotting out the odd bullish sound bite, mastering dead pan humour in the House.....

I do think you need a certain level of intellectual depth to take a formal government job, overseeing a department. You dont need to be a genius but you do need to master the basics and learn who to trust/delegate to. THis is not everyone's bag.

eastgermanautos
05-01-2018, 04:40 PM
I think that's fair. After all, our PRimeMinister has been promoted way beyond her level of competence but it isnt her fault. She does her best to cope, trotting out the odd bullish sound bite, mastering dead pan humour in the House.....

I do think you need a certain level of intellectual depth to take a formal government job, overseeing a department. You dont need to be a genius but you do need to master the basics and learn who to trust/delegate to. THis is not everyone's bag.

Will you people not answer my question?? How. Are. Her. T!ts.

Jesus. :-(

redgunamo
05-02-2018, 07:50 AM

Yes, but all that doesn't explain President Trump, does it.

Unless it does :rubchin:

redgunamo
05-02-2018, 07:52 AM
Will you people not answer my question?? How. Are. Her. T!ts.

Jesus. :-(

I don't think you want to go there, e.

In fact, I'm certain of it; even you don't want to go there.

Monty92
05-02-2018, 09:01 AM
I don't think you want to go there, e.

In fact, I'm certain of it; even you don't want to go there.

She seems to be quite pleased with them

redgunamo
05-02-2018, 09:53 AM
She seems to be quite pleased with them

:-( I don't like it, M. I don't like it at all.