PDA

View Full Version : Granit Xhaka

IUFG
04-30-2018, 08:18 AM
I'm sure there is a footballer in there, somewhere.

His ability to switch off when the opposition are attacking is second only to that Belgian shít****, Vermaelen.

Billy Goat Sverige
04-30-2018, 08:25 AM
I'm sure there is a footballer in there, somewhere.

His ability to switch off when the opposition are attacking is second only to that Belgian shít****, Vermaelen.

I noticed before Pogba got to that rebound that he stopped tracking him. Useless ****.

World's End Stella
04-30-2018, 08:44 AM
Combine his lack of attention to defending (and at times being really rubbish at it) with the propensity of our other central midfielder to endlessly push forward and I can't imagine how we've lost so many games with those two playing 'in midfield'.

:hehe:

SWv2
04-30-2018, 08:47 AM
Combine his lack of attention to defending (and at times being really rubbish at it) with the propensity of our other central midfielder to endlessly push forward and I can't imagine how we've lost so many games with those two playing 'in midfield'.

:hehe:

Hold on, he wasn't even playing but you have cleverly managed to twist this around to criticism of the lad from Caerphilly. That alone is a skill.

You're officially obsessed. Like Neg with doping, but not.

p.s. Xhaka - I am beginning to run out of patience despite him being a wonderfully graceful footballer.

For the record I do think Sky were extremely OTT on him.

redgunamo
04-30-2018, 09:00 AM
Hold on, he wasn't even playing but you have cleverly managed to twist this around to criticism of the lad from Caerphilly. That alone is a skill.

p.s. Xhaka - I am beginning to run out of patience despite him being a wonderfully graceful footballer.

Souness? Trouble with him seems to be, not only was he a half-decent player but he also played for a brilliant team. He seems to be harsh on everyone, especially those that play in his old position.

He seems to like TH14 though, because he is one of the few players he knows who he wouldn't have minded playing with.

PSRB
04-30-2018, 09:03 AM

1st half he was poor, 2nd half he was very good. Considerably better performance than that provided by Aubameyang.

Greek CB and Maitland-Niles were also very good, deserved a point from the match

SWv2
04-30-2018, 09:06 AM
Souness? Trouble with him seems to be, not only was he a half-decent player but he also played for a brilliant team. He seems to be harsh on everyone, especially those that play in his old position.

He seems to like TH14 though, because he is one of the few players he knows who he wouldn't have minded playing with.

I like him as a pundit and in general find him to be quite fair. He actually likes us but I think we frustrate him to buggery as he sees us make continued errors as you say in his old position.

Much rather listen to his criticisms than the likes of Redknapp or Savage. Even Thierry is annoying.

redgunamo
04-30-2018, 09:09 AM
I like him as a pundit and in general find him to be quite fair. He actually likes us but I think we frustrate him to buggery as he sees us make continued errors as you say in his old position.

Much rather listen to his criticisms than the likes of Redknapp or Savage. Even Thierry is annoying.

That beard :-|

Luis Anaconda
04-30-2018, 09:12 AM

Three separate pieces of "punditry" slating him in one half - even suggesting he should have been sent off, when he didn't actually commit a foul/handball. I was watching with five Utd fans and they thought it was over the top.

I think WES thinks his criticism of Ramsey is funny and so he keeps doing it. The fact that it singles him out a bald Canadian cretin does not register.

IUFG
04-30-2018, 09:20 AM
Three separate pieces of "punditry" slating him in one half - even suggesting he should have been sent off, when he didn't actually commit a foul/handball. I was watching with five Utd fans and they thought it was over the top.

I think WES thinks his criticism of Ramsey is funny and so he keeps doing it. the fact that it singles him out a bald Canadian cretin does not register.

I'm intrigued now, what did the 'pundits' say?

Luis Anaconda
04-30-2018, 09:25 AM
**** off *******s you're a **** basically

SWv2
04-30-2018, 09:25 AM

Should have gone for a deliberate handball which was a) not a handball and b) not deliberate. Itself a stunning piece of inaccurate punditry.

Was apparently walking a tightrope with respect to staying on the pitch, which when faced with the Spanish equivalent of Snidey McSnide in the opposition team could be true.

I guess some players just have a reputation around them and will always be singled out in this way. A pity really as I thought he and MN did very well against a much more star studded opposition trio.

IUFG
04-30-2018, 09:30 AM
Should have gone for a deliberate handball which was a) not a handball and b) not deliberate. Itself a stunning piece of inaccurate punditry.

Was apparently walking a tightrope with respect to staying on the pitch, which when faced with the Spanish equivalent of Snidey McSnide in the opposition team could be true.

I guess some players just have a reputation around them and will always be singled out in this way. A pity really as I thought he and MN did very well against a much more star studded opposition trio.

Hmmmm, I didn't see that description of him at all.

I thought he did ok, for large spells of the game but he does appear to lack focus during his defensive duties.

SWv2
04-30-2018, 09:34 AM
Hmmmm, I didn't see that description of him at all.

I thought he did ok, for large spells of the game but he does appear to lack focus during his defensive duties.

I see the Guardian is keeping it up this morning:

The last sentence in particular being brilliant, as if our exit on Thursday night will be directly linked to his performance.

“There are many problems for Arsène Wenger’s successor to grapple with over the summer but the current manager has a shorter term matter with which to grapple: how to concoct a happy ending to his time in charge, starting with defeating Atlético Madrid on Thursday and reaching the Europa League final. Granit Xhaka, who is likely to start in the Spanish capital, once again demonstrated what a liability he can be in a vital position. The midfielder tracked back but then needlessly went to ground as Manchester United scored their first, was booked, and then could have been sent off, all before half time. That sort of performance has been typical of his time at the club, leading to doubt over his future at the Emirates Stadium. More of the same in Spain and Wenger can forget the dream send-off.”

IUFG
04-30-2018, 09:39 AM
I see the Guardian is keeping it up this morning:

The last sentence in particular being brilliant, as if our exit on Thursday night will be directly linked to his performance.

“There are many problems for Arsène Wenger’s successor to grapple with over the summer but the current manager has a shorter term matter with which to grapple: how to concoct a happy ending to his time in charge, starting with defeating Atlético Madrid on Thursday and reaching the Europa League final. Granit Xhaka, who is likely to start in the Spanish capital, once again demonstrated what a liability he can be in a vital position. The midfielder tracked back but then needlessly went to ground as Manchester United scored their first, was booked, and then could have been sent off, all before half time. That sort of performance has been typical of his time at the club, leading to doubt over his future at the Emirates Stadium. More of the same in Spain and Wenger can forget the dream send-off.”

poor lad has got a reputation, that is for sure.

How this could ever, in a million years, be a red card, is fúcking beyond me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olDew6cgmOk

Luis Anaconda
04-30-2018, 10:02 AM

Spot on - genuinely wants us to do well.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-30-2018, 10:18 AM

TBH, I was quite disappointed with Auba yesterday. He was there in body only. AMN and the Greek bloke at the back were outstanding and Xhaka did have a much better 2nd half.

Luis Anaconda
04-30-2018, 10:57 AM
TBH, I was quite disappointed with Auba yesterday. He was there in body only. AMN and the Greek bloke at the back were outstanding and Xhaka did have a much better 2nd half.
You clearly weren't watching the runs he was making

World's End Stella
04-30-2018, 12:04 PM

Or perhaps you're too sensitive about your favourite Welsher? I made no comment on the game. I made a comment on how poor a midfield partnership Xhaka and Ramsey are, which doesn't single out Ramsey in any way. Nor Xhaka for that matter. It doesn't even blame the pair of them directly as the responsibility for playing them together sits with the manager, not them.

I can imagine either of them playing much better if they played with a different partner and in a different system. But playing them together in 4231 has been a disaster imo. That doesn't make me obsessed, it was a very sensible and defendable comment.

P.S. Anaconda is a c*nt and can f*ck off.

Tony C
04-30-2018, 12:20 PM
well he’s Wenger’s last captain so you know what that means :wave:

Can’t wait for the new manager to restore some legitimacy and pride back into the role. Wenger destroyed the captains role with some wired Australian leadership group thingy.

Luis Anaconda
04-30-2018, 12:49 PM
Or perhaps you're too sensitive about your favourite Welsher? I made no comment on the game. I made a comment on how poor a midfield partnership Xhaka and Ramsey are, which doesn't single out Ramsey in any way. Nor Xhaka for that matter. It doesn't even blame the pair of them directly as the responsibility for playing them together sits with the manager, not them.

I can imagine either of them playing much better if they played with a different partner and in a different system. But playing them together in 4231 has been a disaster imo. That doesn't make me obsessed, it was a very sensible and defendable comment.

:) For a while I thought I wasn't going to get a reaction. I don't think what you say about that partnership is ridiculous tbh

World's End Stella
04-30-2018, 12:58 PM
:) For a while I thought I wasn't going to get a reaction. I don't think what you say about that partnership is ridiculous tbh

Not buying it :nono:

You were hung over (on a Monday morning) and therefore an @sshole (surprise, surprise) and then after recovering slightly realized what an @sshole you were and are now trying to disguise this as a windup attempt in order to absolve yourself of having been an @sshole.

Or to put it differently you 'did an Anaconda'. :nod:

SWv2
04-30-2018, 01:04 PM

Balanced rational arguments from the big Yank there I have to say.

I look forward to seeing how our new manager pieces together the various talents to form a cogent and efficient first 11. We surely have to assume Ozil, Aubameyang, Lacazette and Mkhytarian are all starting.

IUFG
04-30-2018, 01:06 PM
We surely have to assume Ozil, Aubameyang, Lacazette and Mkhytarian are all starting.

Just put some actual defenders and a midfielder who gets a nosebleed in the opponents half behind that lot, we'll do alright.

SWv2
04-30-2018, 01:08 PM
Just put some actual defenders and a midfielder who gets a nosebleed in the opponents half behind that lot, we'll do alright.

:nod:

As earlier - new keeper, 2-3 defenders and a midfielder. The rest is in place.

Luis Anaconda
04-30-2018, 01:12 PM
Not buying it :nono:

You were hung over (on a Monday morning) and therefore an @sshole (surprise, surprise) and then after recovering slightly realized what an @sshole you were and are now trying to disguise this as a windup attempt in order to absolve yourself of having been an @sshole.

Or to put it differently you 'did an Anaconda'. :nod:

At least I can blame it on my heavy drinking - why are you always such a ****?