PDA

View Full Version : Was the ref good last night? I thought he started well then decided

Pat Vegas
04-27-2018, 08:27 AM
not to call any fouls at all.

Pokster
04-27-2018, 08:28 AM

In thought he was exceptional throughout, didn't fall for the trying to get our players booked and seemed to let the game flow quite well.

Pat Vegas
04-27-2018, 08:29 AM
In thought he was exceptional throughout, didn't fall for the trying to get our players booked and seemed to let the game flow quite well.

Can we have him for the 2nd leg?

Burney
04-27-2018, 08:30 AM

Not that it excuses anything, but I did think the challenge on Welbeck that led to their goal was a foul.

Pat Vegas
04-27-2018, 08:31 AM
Not that it excuses anything, but I did think the challenge on Welbeck that led to their goal was a foul.

There we a few around that part of the game that he waved off. Ramsey got caught a few times.

PSRB
04-27-2018, 08:34 AM

:nod: Clear trip

Burney
04-27-2018, 08:42 AM

Letting the game flow is all very well, but not when it means failing to blow up for a foul that allows the scoring of an away goal that fundamentally affects the outcome of the tie. :shrug:

IUFG
04-27-2018, 08:51 AM
:nod: Clear trip

Clearly, but Welbeck then dived in an over theatrical manner which meant the ref was having none of it.

Still, defenders should be able to deal with a straight, long ball. And even then, Kos got on the goal side of Griezmann and then tried to play the ball back over his own head. PUT IT IN THE FúCKING STAND :mad:

redgunamo
04-27-2018, 08:52 AM
Letting the game flow is all very well, but not when it means failing to blow up for a foul that allows the scoring of an away goal that fundamentally affects the outcome of the tie. :shrug:

Not sure you can have it both ways though, to be honest.

Burney
04-27-2018, 08:55 AM
Not sure you can have it both ways though, to be honest.

No. Which is why praising a referee for 'letting the game flow' is silly. What is actually meant is 'not doing his job properly'.

Pokster
04-27-2018, 08:57 AM
No. Which is why praising a referee for 'letting the game flow' is silly. What is actually meant is 'not doing his job properly'.

No it isn't.. he can choose to blow up for every bit of contact etc, or let the game flow a bit more

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-27-2018, 09:05 AM

Let's not forget that it was our usual abject defensive tom-****ery that is responsible for the goal.

redgunamo
04-27-2018, 09:07 AM
No it isn't.. he can choose to blow up for every bit of contact etc, or let the game flow a bit more

Right. The important thing is he allows a good game.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-27-2018, 09:09 AM
Adhering to the rules is more important

Pokster
04-27-2018, 09:13 AM

Please show me where in the rules it decides EXACTLY what constitutes a foul

Viva Prat Vegas
04-27-2018, 09:18 AM
I just disagree that allowing the game to flow is the most important part of a refs modus operandi IF his means of letting the game flow is to be excessively lenient

redgunamo
04-27-2018, 09:20 AM

No, never. The game is always more important than the rules.

And not just to your mum either; in life generally.

Peter
04-27-2018, 09:21 AM

Highway robbery! Only to be expected from a ref named Turpin :)

Viva Prat Vegas
04-27-2018, 09:22 AM
I respectfully disagree Red
Ever heard of "The ref's lost control" ?

Peter
04-27-2018, 09:23 AM
Let's not forget that it was our usual abject defensive tom-****ery that is responsible for the goal.

THree successive pieces of ****ery actually. Monreal is three or four yards behind his centre backs (**** knows why), Koscielny can't deal with a pub ball over the top and then Mustafi slips on his arse.

After years of this sort of **** I admire those who retain the capacity for surprise. Its nearly over...

redgunamo
Highway robbery! Only to be expected from a ref named Turpin :)

I noticed that too. Very good.

Viva Prat Vegas
Peter "Highway robbery! Only to be expected from a ref named Turpin "

Rich Turpin :-)

redgunamo
04-27-2018, 09:28 AM
I respectfully disagree Red
Ever heard of "The ref's lost control" ?

Of course, but seldom from a referee.

Peter
04-27-2018, 09:30 AM
Of course, but seldom from a referee.

Well they tend not to give interviews.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-27-2018, 09:33 AM
THree successive pieces of ****ery actually. Monreal is three or four yards behind his centre backs (**** knows why), Koscielny can't deal with a pub ball over the top and then Mustafi slips on his arse.

After years of this sort of **** I admire those who retain the capacity for surprise. Its nearly over...

I must confess p, after initially feeling bereft I will now be glad to see the back of vinegary old french tit.

redgunamo
04-27-2018, 09:38 AM
Well they tend not to give interviews.

Precisely. They are not important enough.

Peter
04-27-2018, 09:39 AM
Precisely. They are not important enough.

Neither are you but I still listen to you :)

redgunamo
04-27-2018, 09:45 AM
Neither are you but I still listen to you :)

I don't give interviews either :shrug:

SWv2
04-27-2018, 10:31 AM
Never thought it was a foul or trip on Welbeck.

Nor in fact did anybody before I read the comments here.

redgunamo
04-27-2018, 10:57 AM
Never thought it was a foul or trip on Welbeck.

Nor in fact did anybody before I read the comments here.

Quite right. This is where you have to come for truly perceptive, insightful analysis.

SWv2
04-27-2018, 11:11 AM
Quite right. This is where you have to come for truly perceptive, insightful analysis.

Well you see I can understand annoyance, frustration and the plain old rose tinted spectacles of illogical bias.

However if in the cold light of day one cannot look at the game with even a modicum of objective reason then I'm afraid you're in the wrong game.

Even Arseblog, who I see as one of the most biased commentators around (understandably so) just dismissed it with a metaphorical swipe of his keyboard.

The lad Welbeck just jumped through the air, like a **** if you will allow me to be descriptive.

Tony C
04-27-2018, 11:31 AM
Thought we were caught off guard for the goal because he didn’t call the foul on Welbeck.

We stood still expecting the whistle and by the time we clocked it wasn’t given the ball was already on its way to Griezmann.