PDA

View Full Version : So the season we fail to qualify, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich

Sir C
04-26-2018, 08:25 AM
are all beatable. Timing really is everything, isn't it? Those bloody Scousers are going to walk it.

Bayern look a really old team all of a sudden.

Tony C
04-26-2018, 08:47 AM
Maybe we should get an ex player in as manager...that Zidane chap seems a bit good imo

Unfortunately our lot all seem to have their issues -

GOD10 - doesn’t fly
Adams - nice dance moves but a bit of a loon
Vieira - in City’s back pocket
Arteta - see Vieira
Bouldie - yes man
Remi - failed manager
Overmars - too short
Henry - all talk...should walk into Ivan’s office and demand it...Mickey and Gunnersaurus will help him get in...but he’s happy with his TV work and whatever it is he does in Belgium.

Only really leaves...

Lunatic Nelson Vivas - doing a decent job in Argentina
Giovanni - would be a bold appointment
Sol23 - the same...

Sir C
04-26-2018, 08:50 AM
Maybe we should get an ex player in as manager...that Zidane chap seems a bit good imo

GOD10 - doesn’t fly
Arteta - see Vieira
Bouldie - yes man
Remi - failed manager
Overmars - too short
Henry - all talk...should walk into Ivan’s office and demand it...Mickey and Gunnersaurus will help him get in...but he’s happy with his TV work and whatever it is he does in Belgium.

Only really leaves...

Sol23 - the same...

Of all those options the one I'd love to see is Vivas. That would be constantly amusing.

Mind you, a season under Fruitloop Campbell would be quite the soap opera, wouldn't it?

7sisters
04-26-2018, 08:50 AM
are all beatable. Timing really is everything, isn't it? Those bloody Scousers are going to walk it.

This assertion of yours sadly ignores are own stellar performance levels of course. :cough:

Burney
04-26-2018, 08:52 AM
Of all those options the one I'd love to see is Vivas. That would be constantly amusing.

Mind you, a season under Fruitloop Campbell would be quite the soap opera, wouldn't it?

The banter would be lovely, though.

Rich
04-26-2018, 08:56 AM

GOD10 - doesn’t fly
Arteta - see Vieira
Bouldie - yes man
Remi - failed manager
Overmars - too short

Only really leaves...

Sol23 - the same...

Being ‘bold’ is something that both Ivan and Arsene have used to discuss our choice of manager. To me this suggests a choice has been made that is perhaps not the obvious choice. Whether that’s an ex player (Arsene even said that this would be positive) or someone like Ragnick remains to be seen.

I do think it rules out a big name coach, though.

7sisters
04-26-2018, 09:00 AM
Being ‘bold’ is something that both Ivan and Arsene have used to discuss our choice of manager. To me this suggests a choice has been made that is perhaps not the obvious choice. Whether that’s an ex player (Arsene even said that this would be positive) or someone like Ragnick remains to be seen.

It could also suggest going for a big name, something for which we're not famed. You can't take any of the ex player candidates seriously. I mean, look what happened to the prodigal Shearer as he wandered through the gates of St James's with the life raft.

Tony C
04-26-2018, 09:00 AM
Nelson Vivas...here’s him ripping his shirt off in rage about a bad decision vs Boca

https://youtu.be/s2X46s3hIrk

Tony C
04-26-2018, 09:03 AM
To be fair Giovanni Van Bronckhorst is the biggest name of the lot imo lol :clap:

Tony C
04-26-2018, 09:06 AM
In his first full season, Van Bronckhorst led Feyenoord to win the 2015–16 KNVB Cup after the club defeated Utrecht 2–1 in the final.

In his second season, Van Bronckhorst won the Eredivisie title, Feyenoord's first in 18 years.

....sounds promising imo

7sisters
04-26-2018, 09:20 AM
In his first full season, Van Bronckhorst led Feyenoord to win the 2015–16 KNVB Cup after the club defeated Utrecht 2–1 in the final.

In his second season, Van Bronckhorst won the Eredivisie title, Feyenoord's first in 18 years.

....sounds promising imo

I like the cut of thon Monaco chap. He'd be worth a punt and would work well within our budget constraints.

SWv2
04-26-2018, 10:07 AM

**** cost us the league in either 99, 2000 or maybe 2001. He can do one.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-26-2018, 11:32 AM

Bayern were often beatable. We just couldn't beat them ;-)

IUFG
04-26-2018, 02:30 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjYYj87oZnc

barrybueno
04-26-2018, 02:32 PM

Let's play it safe and say all three years imo

barrybueno
04-26-2018, 02:36 PM

If Wenger thinks a former player for manager is a good idea then that's exactly what Arsenal shouldn't do, knowing that inept bunch of ****s on the board they'll let him choose...
Then again that plan worked out well for Utd :hehe:

eastgermanautos
04-26-2018, 04:25 PM
If Wenger thinks a former player for manager is a good idea then that's exactly what Arsenal shouldn't do, knowing that inept bunch of ****s on the board they'll let him choose...
Then again that plan worked out well for Utd :hehe:

Why the fvck does Wenger have any role in the decision-making process? They need to change the locks and sue him for abusing his lunch room soda privileges.