PDA

View Full Version : WHat was he thinking - Part II: Wenger's Worst XI

The Insider
04-23-2018, 02:50 PM
As a solid 'Wenger In' chap, I also am man enough to know that he signed some right donkeys - youth team kids who played in teh odd Legaue Cup tie are excluded.

Here's my choice:

Shaaban
Andre Santos
Stepanovs
Cygan
Remi Garde
Kallstrom
Malz
Cabbalero
Park Chu-Young
Diawara
Jeffers

Pat Vegas
04-23-2018, 02:52 PM
As a solid 'Wenger In' chap, I also am man enough to know that he signed some right donkeys - youth team kids who played in teh odd Legaue Cup tie are excluded.

Here's my choice:

Shaaban
Andre Santos
Stepanovs
Cygan
Remi Garde
Kallstrom
Malz
Cabbalero
Park Chu-Young
Diawara
Jeffers

they'd beat our current side.

Burney
04-23-2018, 02:54 PM

Here's my choice:

Shaaban
Andre Santos
Stepanovs
Cygan
Remi Garde
Kallstrom
Malz
Cabbalero
Park Chu-Young
Diawara
Jeffers

I remember Diawara had a remarkable capacity for hitting the post.

Luis Anaconda
04-23-2018, 02:55 PM

Here's my choice:

Shaaban
Andre Santos
Stepanovs
Cygan
Remi Garde
Kallstrom
Malz
Cabbalero
Park Chu-Young
Diawara
Jeffers

Why does Shaaban get so much **** - only played 5 games (w3 d1 l1), including a clean sheet against Spurs and a win in Rome, the only defeat was against United when he came off injured at half time anyway. Compared to the ****house that was Almunia he was Gordon ****ing Banks.

World's End Stella
04-23-2018, 02:59 PM
Almunia
Santos
Silvestre
Stepanovs
Vivas
Inamoto
Ramsey
Frimpong
Diawara
Park
Jeffers

Peter
04-23-2018, 02:59 PM
Why does Shaaban get so much **** - only played 5 games (w3 d1 l1), including a clean sheet against Spurs and a win in Rome, the only defeat was against United when he came off injured at half time anyway. Compared to the ****house that was Almunia he was Gordon ****ing Banks.

When Shaaban joined Bob Wilson spoke about how they tried to amend his technique to include actually catching the ball sometimes, rather than punching. His technique was so ingrained that they eventually decided they couldnt change it.

We signed a goalkeeper that literally couldn't catch and couldnt be taught. If that isnt the definition of a **** keeper I dont know what is. On his debut he punched a rather slow shot that was heading gently towards his stomach. He was hopeless.

Compared to him, Almunia was Peter Shilton (I would have said Seaman but I dont take His name lightly).

IUFG
04-23-2018, 03:03 PM

Here's my choice:

Shaaban
Andre Santos
Stepanovs
Cygan
Remi Garde
Kallstrom
Malz
Cabbalero
Park Chu-Young
Diawara
Jeffers

lack of Iwobi in there, imo

World's End Stella
04-23-2018, 03:04 PM
When Shaaban joined Bob Wilson spoke about how they tried to amend his technique to include actually catching the ball sometimes, rather than punching. His technique was so ingrained that they eventually decided they couldnt change it.

We signed a goalkeeper that literally couldn't catch and couldnt be taught. If that isnt the definition of a **** keeper I dont know what is. On his debut he punched a rather slow shot that was heading gently towards his stomach. He was hopeless.

Compared to him, Almunia was Peter Shilton (I would have said Seaman but I dont take His name lightly).

Stiff or soft hands on that one?

Burney
04-23-2018, 03:06 PM

I remember when Richard Wright punched one into his own net and we lost to Charlton. :-|

It's fair to say we haven't had much luck with keepers.

Peter
04-23-2018, 03:08 PM
I remember when Richard Wright punched one into his own net and we lost to Charlton. :-|

It's fair to say we haven't had much luck with keepers.

Mad Jens. I loved him immediately. Total and complete **** :)

IUFG
04-23-2018, 03:10 PM
and we lost to Charlton. :-|

We were ****ing hammered, b. Grimandi was particularly shít that day too.

Peter
04-23-2018, 03:10 PM
Stiff or soft hands on that one?

Well, a fist.

We let a perfectly goodgoalkeeper leave because he had a fag.

World's End Stella
04-23-2018, 03:12 PM

I have just this very minute gone to youtube and discovered a video of Rami catching footballs after they were kicked to him by a training person of some sort.

So this is untrue and you now owe AWIMB an apology. Thank you.

Peter
04-23-2018, 03:14 PM
I have just this very minute gone to youtube and discovered a video of Rami catching footballs after they were kicked to him by a training person of some sort.

So this is untrue and you now owe AWIMB an apology. Thank you.

I told you what Bob Wilson told me. Of course, if you want to ask BobWilson for an apology......

Burney
04-23-2018, 03:15 PM
We were ****ing hammered, b. Grimandi was particularly shít that day too.

Grimandi. Now there's a name I haven't heard for many years.

Rich
04-23-2018, 03:17 PM

Here's my choice:

Shaaban
Andre Santos
Stepanovs
Cygan
Remi Garde
Kallstrom
Malz
Cabbalero
Park Chu-Young
Diawara
Jeffers

I'd have Squillaci/Silvestre in ahead of Cygan. Pascal was a man of limited talents but he made the most of what he had (sometimes).

Rich
04-23-2018, 03:18 PM

Last I heard he was one of our top scouts.

Burney
04-23-2018, 03:21 PM
I'd have Squillaci/Silvestre in ahead of Cygan. Pascal was a man of limited talents but he made the most of what he had (sometimes).

Squillaci or Silvestre were deffo worse than Cygan. Mind you, if you really wanted a terrible central defence, playing Luzhny and Stepanovs were hard (ie easy) to beat - as United so comprehensively proved.

SWv2
04-23-2018, 03:22 PM
Last I heard he was one of our top scouts.

Probably gone now with the collapse of the former regime.

SWv2
04-23-2018, 03:23 PM
Squillaci or Silvestre were deffo worse than Cygan. Mind you, if you really wanted a terrible central defence, playing Luzhny and Stepanovs were hard (ie easy) to beat - as United so comprehensively proved.

I recall one of Stepanovs earliest performances, cup v Chelsea I think, back when we would be moved for the day from CE to NB.

He looked a player.

Juan played that day also I think.

Rich
04-23-2018, 03:23 PM
Probably gone now with the collapse of the former regime.

Indeed. Obviously a case of jobs for the boys with Arsene.

Still, that does mean there is a role going as Arsenal scout, SW. Best get that CV in top shape.

SWv2
04-23-2018, 03:27 PM
Indeed. Obviously a case of jobs for the boys with Arsene.

Still, that does mean there is a role going as Arsenal scout, SW. Best get that CV in top shape.

I expect the scruffy German has quite the network in place though in my position as Team Manager / Coach with my local side I am always on the lookout for top talent.

7-0 on Saturday R, away from home in the Cup.

PSRB
04-23-2018, 04:08 PM

Will always have a soft spot for him, after running 40 yards to punch Simeone. For no real reason either.....la will no doubt correct me

World's End Stella
04-23-2018, 04:09 PM
Will always have a soft spot for him, after running 40 yards to punch Simeone

Yeah but let's be honest - more slap than punch and a girly slap at that.

Always amazed it drew that much blood. :hehe:

IUFG
04-23-2018, 04:16 PM
Will always have a soft spot for him, after running 40 yards to punch Simeone. For no real reason either.....la will no doubt correct me

Here he is doing half a job on Pep - 28s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB3mgRmZ590

Tony C
04-23-2018, 05:35 PM
Some of these are a blast from the past lol

I’ll go for...

Mart Poom - the proud owner of a CL medal albeit a losing won!

Jason Crowe
Squillachi
Stepanovs...his passport had his occupation as “defender” lol
Santos...bit unusual for us to get someone with an eating disorder

Pennant
Kallstrom
Inamato
Malz

Diawara - cost us the league with all those shots off the woodwork
Park