PDA

View Full Version : Remember when Cesc scored a penalty against Barca with a broken leg?

Sir C
04-23-2018, 12:39 PM
Remember when Cesc was injured but came on from the bench to score a free kick against Villa? (Was it Villa?)
Remember when Cesc scored against Juve in the Champions League?
Remember when Cesc scored against Milan in the Champions League?

Remember Cesc? :cry:

Can anyone tell me why 'Champions League' has no possessive apostrophe?

Burney
04-23-2018, 12:43 PM
Remember when Cesc was injured but came on from the bench to score a free kick against Villa? (Was it Villa?)

I’ve often wondered this. I put it down to foreigners being ignorant swine.

IUFG
04-23-2018, 12:44 PM

You mean as in League of Champion's?

Pat Vegas
04-23-2018, 12:46 PM
Remember when he causally back heeled it to barcelona to let them score?

Viva Prat Vegas
04-23-2018, 12:47 PM
Sir C "Remember when Cesc was injured but came on from the bench to score a free kick against Villa? (Was it Villa?)"

I think it was one Boxing Day and he was subbed to rapturous applause

Viva Prat Vegas
04-23-2018, 12:48 PM
Remember when Cesc was subbed 15 minutes from the end of the 2006 CL Cup Final when we were 1 up ?
:cry:

World's End Stella
04-23-2018, 12:52 PM
Remember when Cesc was subbed 15 minutes from the end of the 2006 CL Cup Final when we were 1 up ?
:cry:

Remember him posing with the Barcelona shirt while an employee of Arsenal Football Club while celebrating the European Championship*

:-)

* Or possibly WC, I'm no deviant

Luis Anaconda
04-23-2018, 12:53 PM
Remember him posing with the Barcelona shirt while an employee of Arsenal Football Club while celebrating the European Championship*

World Cup (I am)

Sir C
04-23-2018, 12:54 PM

I remember the shirt being put on him by his teammates, and him struggling and looking deeply uncomfortable.

World's End Stella
04-23-2018, 12:56 PM
I remember the shirt being put on him by his teammates, and him struggling and looking deeply uncomfortable.

Well, if you're going to let the facts get in the way of a good windup :rolleyes:

Rich
04-23-2018, 01:56 PM

Remember when Cesc lied about being injured for months just before his move to Barcelona?

Sir C
04-23-2018, 01:57 PM
Remember when Cesc lied about being injured for months just before his move to Barcelona?

Fúck off. Cesc never lied.

Not to me, anyway.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-23-2018, 02:01 PM
Remember when Cesc stormed the pitch in his jeans and sneered at Phil Brown and was accused of spitting at him or Horton ?
:cloud9:

Sir C
04-23-2018, 02:02 PM
Remember when Cesc stormed the pitch in his jeans and sneered at Phil Brown and was accused of spitting at him or Horton ?

:clap: El Capitano!

IUFG
04-23-2018, 02:08 PM

Phil Brown. Odious, orange ****.

Pat Vegas
04-23-2018, 02:19 PM
:philbrown:

World's End Stella
04-23-2018, 02:22 PM
Phil Brown. Odious, orange ****.

Which team was he managing when he left them all on the pitch at halftime and gave them a *******ing in front of everyone?

One of the more bizarre football incidents of the past 20-30 years which confirmed once and for all what an utter, utter c*nt he was.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-23-2018, 02:22 PM
Hull City and Bullard

Viva Prat Vegas
04-23-2018, 02:23 PM
Remember when :philbrown: got hold of the mic at season's end and started singing The Beach Boys to the crowd for staying up ?

IUFG
04-23-2018, 02:24 PM
Which team was he managing when he left them all on the pitch at halftime and gave them a *******ing in front of everyone?

One of the more bizarre football incidents of the past 20-30 years which confirmed once and for all what an utter, utter c*nt he was.

Hull City at Man City, iirc.

If ever there was a defining moment when a manager, erm, lost the dressing room.

Peter
04-23-2018, 03:37 PM
:clap: El Capitano!

Didnt he also sling the pizza at Sir Alex?

World's End Stella
04-23-2018, 03:48 PM
Didnt he also sling the pizza at Sir Alex?

Yes, there's no question that Cesc has always had a temper or nasty streak that is often associated with captains i.e. Keane, Wise etc. I seem to recall a particularly nasty lunge at someone away to Everton in his early days.

However attacking midfielders being made captain is probably relatively rare. Mostly because they are slightly nancy and often substituted late in games, I'd think.

AFC East
04-23-2018, 03:52 PM

Remember when Cesc lifted a trophy as Captain? Me neither.

Pat Vegas
04-23-2018, 03:55 PM
Remember when Cesc lifted a trophy as Captain? Me neither.

:clap: he's done you all there

Peter
04-23-2018, 04:10 PM
:clap: he's done you all there

Remember when we were accused of bottling it at Birmingham after theEduardo injury, ignoring that

A) The players had just seen a team mate's ankle snapped in half and

B) It wasnt a ****ing penalty!

Burney
04-23-2018, 04:16 PM
Remember when we were accused of bottling it at Birmingham after theEduardo injury, ignoring that

:nod: It was an object lesson in the fact that - whatever is done to Arsenal - they will always be made the villains.

Eduardo is crippled - we bottled it and Taylor was unfairly victimised
Ramsay has his leg smashed - Shawcross was unfairly victimised and we failed to respond with sufficient 'class' and accept his apology
United game where we were kicked off the park - We 'don't like it up us' and Pizzagate.

Our entire team could die in an aircrash and the press would find a way to blame us.

One gets used to it as an Arsenal fan, but it still rankles.

SWv2
04-23-2018, 04:22 PM

We have done this already today Pedro. Do keep up.

The bottling was the 3-4 games immediately after.

The defeat at Birmingham was just a collapse having had the questionable penalty awarded.