PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and observations from the weekend.

PSRB
04-23-2018, 10:24 AM
Luis Enrique seems the favourite for the job
Wonder how all the potential new shirt sponsors feel about AW leaving?
Arsenal Fan TV should have an injunction taken out against them keeping them at least a mile from the ground.
Played some lovely Wengerball in the 2nd half, Iwobi came out a different player in the 2nd half, but he bloody needed too. He was utterly dire for the 1st 45 minutes.
Weather was rather nicer in London than we had up here!!

SWv2
04-23-2018, 10:29 AM
- Sunday Times seems to lean towards him.
- Doubt they give a fúck. There is huge potential in a new boss.
Arsenal Fan TV should have an injunction taken out against them keeping them at least a mile from the ground.
- Why?
Played some lovely Wengerball in the 2nd half, Iwobi came out a different player in the 2nd half, but he bloody needed too. He was utterly dire for the 1st 45 minutes.
- Blessed by Declan Rice.
- Very sunny in Dublin but I missed most of it as I was on a covert undercover operation in the occupied 6 counties.

As above....

IUFG
04-23-2018, 10:33 AM

I would welcome Luis Enrique (but would prefer Simeone)

I'm sure Wenger had fark all to do with sponsorship deals.

Arsenal Fan TV is a fúcking huge, bubbling carbuncle on our club.

Iwobi, even for him, it would have been hard to be any shítter than he was in the first half.

There was some isolated heavy rain later in the day.

my own observation. The match changed with the intro of Auba (or was that the exit of Iwobi?)

I doubt if even half of that match day squad will be at Arsenal in 18 months time.

PSRB
04-23-2018, 10:49 AM
As above....

They just seem like a bunch of deviants that would be best served being kept a long way from the club. I have no issue with people wanting change but it's just the unpleasant way they've gone about it.

Billy Goat Sverige
04-23-2018, 11:01 AM
I would welcome Luis Enrique (but would prefer Simeone)

I'm sure Wenger had fark all to do with sponsorship deals.

Arsenal Fan TV is a fúcking huge, bubbling carbuncle on our club.

Iwobi, even for him, it would have been hard to be any shítter than he was in the first half.

There was some isolated heavy rain later in the day.

my own observation. The match changed with the intro of Auba (or was that the exit of Iwobi?)

I doubt if even half of that match day squad will be at Arsenal in 18 months time.

I wouldn’t mind Enrique either. It’s ****ing unreal the amount of people on social media saying they’d rather have Vieira or Arteta. Jesus Christ....

Burney
04-23-2018, 11:03 AM
They just seem like a bunch of deviants that would be best served being kept a long way from the club. I have no issue with people wanting change but it's just the unpleasant way they've gone about it.

How many other businesses would allow another business whose stock in trade is attacking and abusing its owners and employees to trade on its name on its premises? It seems high time the thing was squashed and its merry band of freaks were barred from the ground forever.

Rich
04-23-2018, 11:04 AM
I wouldn’t mind Enrique either. It’s ****ing unreal the amount of people on social media saying they’d rather have Vieira or Arteta. Jesus Christ....

Me too. A manager that always wears a suit :cloud9:

I don't really want PV4 or Arteta. Apparently see Arteta as the long term successor for Pep but can't really say why I don't want PV4. I think because he has no real experience... But then neither did Zidane or Enrique/Pep when they took charge at Barca.

SWv2
04-23-2018, 11:06 AM

I am not massively familiar with it so I should make that clear.

I know 2-3 of the main protagonists and they are utter ****s, one has a comedy value which after one or two viewings surely is redundant whereas the two other lunatics (Claude and the other guy who is always head to toe in club gear, club water bottle etc) you almost have to have some sympathy for. They are genuine care in the community types and I mean that as no offence to genuine Care in the Community types who need care.

Free speech though really. They pay their money and are entitled to their views no matter how imbecilic at times (always).

Sad thing I saw over the weekend was SSN interviewing them, elevating them to a position of almost validation.

No different really to that fat plum who used run AST or whatever, Payton? Always mouthing off on subjects which he felt he had a right to comment on, and on behalf of a fan base who at no point endorsed him. Because he was better spoken or better educated he is seen as less of a **** than the AFTV people.

Billy Goat Sverige
04-23-2018, 11:07 AM
Me too. A manager that always wears a suit :cloud9:

I don't really want PV4 or Arteta. Apparently see Arteta as the long term successor for Pep but can't really say why I don't want PV4. I think because he has no real experience... But then neither did Zidane or Enrique/Pep when they took charge at Barca.

Pep and Zidane inherited the two best squads in the world. Both have exceeded expectations mind, but Vieira would be taking on a rebuild and have to compete against five other teams in the league rather than one or two.

Luis Anaconda
04-23-2018, 11:08 AM
As above....

Beautiful in Munich - spent most of it in Biergartens. Won €110 on Liverpool ****ing up (and Palace Watford drawing as well - spent most of it in Biergartens. Watched us win 4-1 - went back to the ... you get the drift

In other news Leinster very impressive - shame about Munster

Tony C
04-23-2018, 11:08 AM
I thought Lee Judges (the bald guy) gave the best post match AFTV interview.

The rest were all disappointing in their utter resentment....Claude being the worse as he constantly puts down all of Arsene’s achievements.

I did appreciate John Cross shooting him down about whether or not Arsene would’ve pulled off Anfield 89...Cross’ reply was - it’s all relative...would Graham have gone to the Bernabeu and won 1nil.

As Lee said...too many people are scared that they’ve been so Wenger Out that thanking him will make them look like hypocrites so they won’t.

Sad..

Burney
04-23-2018, 11:10 AM
I am not massively familiar with it so I should make that clear.

I know 2-3 of the main protagonists and they are utter ****s, one has a comedy value which after one or two viewings surely is redundant whereas the two other lunatics (Claude and the other guy who is always head to toe in club gear, club water bottle etc) you almost have to have some sympathy for. They are genuine care in the community types and I mean that as no offence to genuine Care in the Community types who need care.

Free speech though really. They pay their money and are entitled to their views no matter how imbecilic at times (always).

Sad thing I saw over the weekend was SSN interviewing them, elevating them to a position of almost validation.

No different really to that fat plum who used run AST or whatever, Payton? Always mouthing off on subjects which he felt he had a right to comment on, and on behalf of a fan base who at no point endorsed him. Because he was better spoken or better educated he is seen as less of a **** than the AFTV people.

Nobody's arguing that free speech should be curtailed in any way. However, Arsenal as a business has the right to insist these people do not conduct their business on its property, trade on its name and has the right to exclude the protagonists from its premises permanently.

Rich
04-23-2018, 11:13 AM
Pep and Zidane inherited the two best squads in the world. Both have exceeded expectations mind, but Vieira would be taking on a rebuild and have to compete against five other teams in the league rather than one or two.

It does concern me that the club/Wenger would like to make the new boss Vieira, though.

I see that he refused to answer questions on the Arsenal job after the 0-3 loss to Portland, too :-/

He'd also be much cheaper than Enrique which I'm sure will be part of the club's consideration.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-23-2018, 11:15 AM
SWv2 "I know 2-3 of the main protagonists and they are utter ****s, one has a comedy value which after one or two viewings surely is redundant whereas the two other lunatics (Claude and the other guy who is always head to toe in club gear, club water bottle etc) you almost have to have some sympathy for. They are genuine care in the community types and I mean that as no offence to genuine Care in the Community types who need care."

The guy in the Arsenal gear and with two sets of headphones is called TY
He always has a water-bottle with him as if he has just played the full 90 minutes for the team
On Friday the hottest day of the year, he was interviewed outside the ground wearing a woolly Arsenal hat but without the water bottle

Luis Anaconda
04-23-2018, 11:16 AM
It does concern me that the club/Wenger would like to make the new boss Vieira, though.

I see that he refused to answer questions on the Arsenal job after the 0-3 loss to Portland, too :-/

He'd also be much cheaper than Enrique which I'm sure will be part of the club's consideration.

No one from the club is even considering him, ffs - even Arsene's comments were he could be manager "one day"

Billy Goat Sverige
04-23-2018, 11:16 AM
SWv2 "I know 2-3 of the main protagonists and they are utter ****s, one has a comedy value which after one or two viewings surely is redundant whereas the two other lunatics (Claude and the other guy who is always head to toe in club gear, club water bottle etc) you almost have to have some sympathy for. They are genuine care in the community types and I mean that as no offence to genuine Care in the Community types who need care."

The guy in the Arsenal gear and with two sets of headphones is called TY
He always has a water-bottle with him as if he has just played the full 90 minutes for the team
On Friday the hottest day of the year, he was interviewed outside the ground wearing a woolly Arsenal hat but without the water bottle

I like the video of him trying to start a fight with the West Ham mascot :hehe:

Billy Goat Sverige
04-23-2018, 11:17 AM
No one from the club is even considering him, ffs - even Arsene's comments were he could be manager "one day"

Vieira pretty much rules himself out as well. The Arteta links worry me the most. HUGE risk.

In other news, looks like we will have a new no.6 in the England team. Never seen him play but the reports make him sound like a world class player.

Sir C
04-23-2018, 11:21 AM

I don't want a new manager, la. We've got a manager. :-(

redgunamo
04-23-2018, 11:22 AM
How many other businesses would allow another business whose stock in trade is attacking and abusing its owners and employees to trade on its name on its premises? It seems high time the thing was squashed and its merry band of freaks were barred from the ground forever.

Football's very different though. These lads are among our most popular ambassadors. I'm sure the club love 'em. Anyway, we're not going to risk all that free, extra international exposure in a fit of pique or dudgeon, just because some don't like their sort.

Rich
04-23-2018, 11:26 AM
I don't want a new manager, la. We've got a manager. :-(

We're not having a manager any more. We're having a First Team Coach.

Wenger is a SFC. You need to get over him and get over him now.

SWv2
04-23-2018, 11:33 AM
Vieira pretty much rules himself out as well. The Arteta links worry me the most. HUGE risk.

Arteta surely sees a few years learning from PG and racking up the trophy count before setting out on his own.

The bloke who is kind of in charge of making, or influencing the club decision, is the man who appointed Luis Enrique to the position in Barcelona where he won all sorts. Sunday Times was leaning this way yesterday. Now taking over us at the moment, with the playing staff available to him, and taking over Barcelona when he did, two very different propositions.

Any new coach will want 2-3-4 new players, only natural and indeed tremendously exciting. He will presumably also be looking to exist a similar number from the current squad.

It is indeed the most exciting time to be an Arsenal supporter since the Invincibles, or Paris.

Sir C
04-23-2018, 11:37 AM
Arteta surely sees a few years learning from PG and racking up the trophy count before setting out on his own.

The bloke who is kind of in charge of making, or influencing the club decision, is the man who appointed Luis Enrique to the position in Barcelona where he won all sorts. Sunday Times was leaning this way yesterday. Now taking over us at the moment, with the playing staff available to him, and taking over Barcelona when he did, two very different propositions.

Any new coach will want 2-3-4 new players, only natural and indeed tremendously exciting. He will presumably also be looking to exist a similar number from the current squad.

It is indeed the most exciting time to be an Arsenal supporter since the Invincibles, or Paris.

Or since 2007-2008 when it looked like He had built a title-winning team for the third time? Fabregas, Denilson, Rosicky, Hleb, Diaby, Song - what an incredible midfield that was. :-(

Billy Goat Sverige
04-23-2018, 11:38 AM

Indeed, all very exciting. I was looking at the squad yesterday and thought we probably need 4 or 5 players (not factoring in outgoings). A new GK, new CB (possibly two if Chambers or Mustafi leave), new CM, possibly a right back. I’d buy a winger as well because outside of Mkhitaryan the options are ****.

SWv2
04-23-2018, 11:39 AM
Or since 2007-2008 when it looked like He had built a title-winning team for the third time? Fabregas, Denilson, Rosicky, Hleb, Diaby, Song - what an incredible midfield that was. :-(

Never really believed in that side having success if I am honest.

The trio of Fabregas, Rosicky and Hleb was rather magnificent for sure.

Burney
04-23-2018, 11:41 AM

Imagine if Rosicky, Diaby and Eduardo had never got injured. :-(

PSRB
04-23-2018, 11:42 AM
Indeed, all very exciting. I was looking at the squad yesterday and thought we probably need 4 or 5 players (not factoring in outgoings). A new GK, new CB (possibly two if Chambers or Mustafi leave), new CM, possibly a right back. I’d buy a winger as well because outside of Mkhitaryan the options are ****.

Tom Heaton from Burnley has to be worth a punt or Butland from Stoke

IUFG
04-23-2018, 11:43 AM

David Ospina
Héctor Bellerín
Laurent Koscielny
Nacho Monreal
Shkodran Mustafi
Alex Iwobi
Mohamed Elneny
Aaron Ramsey
Granit Xhaka
Alexandre Lacazette
Danny Welbeck
Matt Macey
Calum Chambers
Rob Holding
Per Mertesacker
Ainsley Maitland-Niles
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Reiss Nelson.

That is not a squad that will get you in the top 4 even if you added Cech, Ozil and Cazorla in to it.

SWv2
04-23-2018, 11:44 AM
Tom Heaton from Burnley has to be worth a punt or Butland from Stoke

The new Spanish kingmaker allegedly wants Oblak from Atletico.

This isn’t just media messing with the imminent match, was named ages ago.

Sir C
04-23-2018, 11:44 AM
Imagine if Rosicky, Diaby and Eduardo had never got injured. :-(

We'd have won the league that season if Eduardo's leg hadn't happened.*

*Maybe. No one can say for sure.

**I'm not interested in hearing from sw on this matter. He is simply wrong.

Burney
04-23-2018, 11:46 AM

**I'm not interested in hearing from sw on this matter. He is simply wrong.

We were bloody good, that's for sure. I was starting to love Eduardo. He was one of those natural goalscorers and exactly what we needed.

B0llocks. Now I'm feeling cross again. This whole thing has made me very cross. :-(

Viva Prat Vegas
04-23-2018, 11:46 AM
We were in a good position before that Saturday lunchtime Birmingham match but it was only February
Bloody Clichy :angry:

IUFG
04-23-2018, 11:49 AM
We were in a good position before that Saturday lunchtime Birmingham match but it was only February

never. a. penalty.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-23-2018, 11:51 AM
He did the old trick of backing off, backing, off , backing off and then making his tackle in the penalty area

Sir C

We were flying. Cesc was our heartbeat, Gallas our warrior. We were champions in waiting.

Burney
never. a. penalty.

The ref had lost it at that stage. He was always going to give a penalty given half a chance.

Sir C
04-23-2018, 11:52 AM
We were bloody good, that's for sure. I was starting to love Eduardo. He was one of those natural goalscorers and exactly what we needed.

B0llocks. Now I'm feeling cross again. This whole thing has made me very cross. :-(

We went to Milan, a bunch of callow youths, and played them off their own pitch :-(

Luis Anaconda
04-23-2018, 11:53 AM
The ref had lost it at that stage. He was always going to give a penalty given half a chance.

Having not given an absolutely blatant one when Hleb was scythed down Mike ****ing Dean

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-23-2018, 11:53 AM

Enrique will want a lot of money that he may or may not get. That will determine his interest in the job. I would love to see Allegri but he will only join if we can offer CL football.

Listen to Wenger's post match press conference. The clues are there....either that or I'm reading too much into it. He has been asked to stand down as the abuse, protests and empty seats may (or is) having an effect on the marketability of the club. The actual product on the pitch and results are not the primary concern. The positioning and reputation of the brand is what seems to have driven this decision. All the abuse that Wenger has received is sickening and disgraceful. I have no doubt that in time, those protagonists will come to regret their actions. This change will allow us to see where we actually stand on the pitch and how marketable we are off it.

I'm surprised that AFTV is still going. The guy who does it goes to every game so if the club ban him from attending games, will he be able to do his show? I don't think the club can't ban him from broadcasting a fans TV station that is not affiliated to the club. The same way as a reviewer can write a review of an Apple product, AFTV can exist. If Apple don't like the review, the reviewer or magazine tends not to get the exclusive previews. They only go to those that tow the proverbial line. Again, it is all about protecting the brand. Fergie did it with hacks. Arsenal want to do it so I wouldn't be surprised if AFTV and co. lost their season tickets at some point.

Played some decent football but, as usual, our defending was tripe. Iwobi did better in the 2nd half but being replaced by Auba was the turning point.

It's a bit brisk this morning in London.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-23-2018, 11:54 AM
:nod: Even then - Mike Dean
:shout:

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-23-2018, 11:57 AM
Having not given an absolutely blatant one when Hleb was scythed down Mike ****ing Dean

Or the one where Adebarndoor had his shirt pulled off his back about 2 minutes before.

PSRB
04-23-2018, 11:58 AM
The new Spanish kingmaker allegedly wants Oblak from Atletico.

This isn’t just media messing with the imminent match, was named ages ago.

£40m+? Don't that much about him other than very highly rated.

SWv2
04-23-2018, 12:02 PM

**I would like to hear from SW on this matter. He is rarely wrong on football matters.

I have no wish to argue with you. Your opinion is yours, I have mine.

We are both seasoned Arsenal supporters, and indeed followers of the game, to acknowledge that a 5 point lead in February is simply far too precarious as to suggest it would definitely have resulted in success. This is my only issue with this ongoing argument. The belief that it was almost done, a given.

I can understand people saying it is possible we may have won the League. I can understand the trauma of the injury affecting some of the players yet they managed to hold onto the lead for another 40-50 minutes or whatever. We capitulated in said game not because of the break, because we were weak.

The manner in which we imploded told me it was a weak team and one that perhaps may have crumbled when the pressure was really on. The resultant 3 points from 9, or 4 from 12 (over to LA for ratification) was what caused the season to end.

Sir C
04-23-2018, 12:06 PM
I have no wish to argue with you. Your opinion is yours, I have mine.

We are both seasoned Arsenal supporters, and indeed followers of the game, to acknowledge that a 5 point lead in February is simply far too precarious as to suggest it would definitely have resulted in success. This is my only issue with this ongoing argument. The belief that it was almost done, a given.

I can understand people saying it is possible we may have won the League. I can understand the trauma of the injury affecting some of the players yet they managed to hold onto the lead for another 40-50 minutes or whatever. We capitulated in said game not because of the break, because we were weak.

The manner in which we imploded told me it was a weak team and one that perhaps may have crumbled when the pressure was really on. The resultant 3 points from 9, or 4 from 12 (over to LA for ratification) was what caused the season to end.

Nonsense.

I hope I have clarified matters for you, sw.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-23-2018, 12:12 PM
SWv2 "The resultant 3 points from 9, or 4 from 12 (over to LA for ratification) was what caused the season to end."
3 points from 12
After that we won at Bolton...after going 2 down

Luis Anaconda
04-23-2018, 12:27 PM
SWv2 "The resultant 3 points from 9, or 4 from 12 (over to LA for ratification) was what caused the season to end."
3 points from 12
After that we won at Bolton...after going 2 down

When Diaby was sent off? Great game

SWv2
04-23-2018, 12:27 PM
Nonsense.

I hope I have clarified matters for you, sw.

The cut and thrust of adult debate. Love it.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-23-2018, 12:33 PM
LA "When Diaby was sent off? Great game"

I couldn't remember him getting a red
Good memory!
Cescy Fabregas dragged us by through through to victory in that 2nd half

World's End Stella
04-23-2018, 12:49 PM

I thought Hleb was scythed down in Milan and it was never given, by some Johnny Foreigner referee?

Luis Anaconda
04-23-2018, 12:51 PM
I thought Hleb was scythed down in Milan and it was never given, by some Johnny Foreigner referee?

He was definitely fouled in the area by Kuyt when we lost to Liverpool in the Champions League. ****ing useless ref ****

PSRB
04-23-2018, 12:53 PM
It was a WWE throw, still rankles, a lot

World's End Stella
04-23-2018, 12:54 PM
He was definitely fouled in the area by Kuyt when we lost to Liverpool in the Champions League. ****ing useless ref ****

Was that for the non-existent foul against Kolo after Theo had us in front? And Diaby scored early doors?

God I was an optimistic supporter back then. Absolutely certain Wenger was about to build one of the all time great teams. :-(

Luis Anaconda
04-23-2018, 12:57 PM
Was that for the non-existent foul against Kolo after Theo had us in front? And Diaby scored early doors?

God I was an optimistic supporter back then. Absolutely certain Wenger was about to build one of the all time great teams. :-(
It was that tie - the Hleb foul was in the first leg. Clean through on the keeper and just about to look for someone to pass to and Kuyt bundled into him. Second leg was the non-existent Kolo foul (and it was Adebayor who scored after Theo's run - something a lot of people forget)

World's End Stella
04-23-2018, 12:59 PM
It was that tie - the Hleb foul was in the first leg. Clean through on the keeper and just about to look for someone to pass to and Kuyt bundled into him. Second leg was the non-existent Kolo foul (and it was Adebayor who scored after Theo's run - something a lot of people forget)

Oh even I'm deviant enough to remember that Adebayor stuck it away. :-)

But it was Teho's run that brings back the memory. Had we held on there that game would have been legendary. :-(

Oh, and whoever that ref was, he was a right c*nt.

eastgermanautos
04-23-2018, 08:45 PM

You would have preferred them to set Wenger on fire? Fine, it's not a bad idea actually.

redgunamo
04-24-2018, 07:09 AM
You would have preferred them to set Wenger on fire? Fine, it's not a bad idea actually.

There's no need for that, e. You can't blame a man for wanting to work.