PDA

View Full Version : Christ, now I have a to find a pub to watch the game in on Thursday.

Sir C
04-23-2018, 09:01 AM
A pub in, wait for it, Peterborough. :-(

I'm going to regret this, aren't I?

IUFG
04-23-2018, 09:06 AM

Yes, yes you are.

http://www.beehivepub.co.uk/

Sir C
04-23-2018, 09:08 AM
Yes, yes you are.

http://www.beehivepub.co.uk/

That looks lovely i, thank you very much.

Burney
04-23-2018, 09:08 AM

I once spent a weekend in Peterborough back in the mid-90s. I was seeing someone who'd been on the same journalism course as me and had got a job at EMAP. It wasn't a bad place. It was just powerfully nondescript. I really can't remember anything about it other than the really incongruous cathedral.

Sir C
04-23-2018, 09:10 AM
I once spent a weekend in Peterborough back in the mid-90s. I was seeing someone who'd been on the same journalism course as me and had got a job at EMAP. It wasn't a bad place. It was just powerfully nondescript. I really can't remember anything about it other than the really incongruous cathedral.

I used to ovewrnight there quite regularly for aerobatic competitions. On a Saturday night it was... lively.

Burney
04-23-2018, 09:13 AM
I used to ovewrnight there quite regularly for aerobatic competitions. On a Saturday night it was... lively.

Yes. I could never really see how the football team got the word 'posh' attached to them.

IUFG
04-23-2018, 09:15 AM

it has a fairly busy railway station. that and the cathedral.

PSRB
04-23-2018, 10:29 AM

At least you don't have to watch it in a pub in Manchester, that's always a laugh :-|

Sir C
04-23-2018, 10:37 AM
it has a fairly busy railway station. that and the cathedral.

My hotel looks perfectly charming. On the internet.