PDA

View Full Version : Stewart Robson...really no need to keep sticking the knife in imo

Tony C
04-20-2018, 12:16 PM
Former Arsenal midfielder Stewart Robson, speaking to BBC Radio 5 live: “Wenger should have gone many years ago. You can’t take away the good things. When he came he changed the philosophy of Arsenal.

“He was fantastic in that period but like a lot of dictators they think they are going down the right road but even when people are saying you need to change, he wouldn’t change.

“Arsenal under Arsene Wenger in the last few years have been too one dimensional and behind the times in recruitment and physio therapy. It is the best thing that could happen to Arsenal that he is leaving now.”

Peter
04-20-2018, 12:27 PM
Former Arsenal midfielder Stewart Robson, speaking to BBC Radio 5 live: “Wenger should have gone many years ago. You can’t take away the good things. When he came he changed the philosophy of Arsenal.

“He was fantastic in that period but like a lot of dictators they think they are going down the right road but even when people are saying you need to change, he wouldn’t change.

“Arsenal under Arsene Wenger in the last few years have been too one dimensional and behind the times in recruitment and physio therapy. It is the best thing that could happen to Arsenal that he is leaving now.”

His biggest media role disappears today. With Wenger gone he is just a bit of a **** with little else to say.

Luis Anaconda
04-20-2018, 12:35 PM
His biggest media role disappears today. With Wenger gone he is just a bit of a **** with little else to say.

well said, p

Peter
04-20-2018, 12:38 PM
well said, p

Also, Piers Morgan will stop talking about Arsenal :)

There are things to be grateful for, amid the sadness.

IUFG
04-20-2018, 12:38 PM

Quite right.

Robson is the most bitter fúcker in the media

Burney
04-20-2018, 01:03 PM

I sincerely hope Stewart Robson gets Motor Neurone Disease. Cvnt.

Peter
04-20-2018, 01:05 PM
I sincerely hope Stewart Robson gets Motor Neurone Disease. Cvnt.

To be fair, George Graham gave him the footballing equivalent. He sold him to West Ham.

Sir C
04-20-2018, 01:17 PM

When he was 17 he looked like he was going to be the next Bryan Robson. Fúck me, he could kick people up in the air all day long and play football as well. Maybe he kept his brain in the same place as his knee?

Red N White Army
04-20-2018, 01:25 PM
He could. I used to really like him as a kid. It saddens me greatly that he's a massive ****er.

Rich
04-20-2018, 01:26 PM

I don't even know he is :shrug:

Sir C
04-20-2018, 01:27 PM
He could. I used to really like him as a kid. It saddens me greatly that he's a massive ****er.

If his limbs had worked he'd have ended up in the Sounness class. I have no higher praise for a midfielder than that.

Luis Anaconda
04-20-2018, 01:35 PM
If his limbs had worked he'd have ended up in the Sounness class. I have no higher praise for a midfielder than that.

It was the 83 semi that really ruined him wasn't it - one of Utd's thugs nailed him when we were 1-0 and he was easily the best Robson on the pitch. And yet he hates us more - ****

SWv2
04-20-2018, 01:35 PM
To be fair to Robson he would have been a bigger **** had he changed his tune in the light of today's news.

Most people are in agreement that he should have gone years ago.

Journalists who have spent years sticking the boot in will now be furiously typing out glowing literary reacharounds.

Peter
04-20-2018, 01:36 PM
It was the 83 semi that really ruined him wasn't it - one of Utd's thugs nailed him when we were 1-0 and he was easily the best Robson on the pitch. And yet he hates us more - ****

I was at that game. Couldn't see a ****ing thing as I recall.

SWv2
04-20-2018, 01:37 PM

Whiteside would be my guess.

Dirty Prod that he is.

Peter
04-20-2018, 01:37 PM
To be fair to Robson he would have been a bigger **** had he changed his tune in the light of today's news.

Most people are in agreement that he should have gone years ago.

Journalists who have spent years sticking the boot in will now be furiously typing out glowing literary reacharounds.

True, but it would equally be rather ****y of us to change our opinion of him, whatever he says today.

Hence, massive ****.

Peter
04-20-2018, 01:38 PM

Dirty Prod that he is.

I really ****ing hated him.

Luis Anaconda
04-20-2018, 01:39 PM

Dirty Prod that he is.

That would have been my guess but the great Butch Wilkins and Muhren aside every single member of that team was a ****

SWv2
04-20-2018, 01:41 PM
True, but it would equally be rather ****y of us to change our opinion of him, whatever he says today.

Hence, massive ****.

I have to be honest that I have never read nor heard his ramblings. Been aware of them of course but not bothered.

That is how I roll Pedro.

If I think I won't like something, rhubarb crumble for example, I avoid it.

Rhubard tart also.

Burney
04-20-2018, 01:41 PM
That would have been my guess but the great Butch Wilkins and Muhren aside every single member of that team was a ****

I'd sort of blanked out the fact that Muhren played for United. He was ace with Thijssen at Ipswich, though.

SWv2
04-20-2018, 01:42 PM

Was Remi Moses still around, he was another wee fúcker. Factoring in Robson also not sure how they all fit in though NW did play up front for a while.

Burney
04-20-2018, 01:44 PM
I have to be honest that I have never read nor heard his ramblings. Been aware of them of course but not bothered.

Rhubard tart also.

People who don't like rhubarb are weird. And I include my wife and Sir C in that. Weirdos.

I dug mine up from the garden and transplanted it to the allotment. However, all that's happened is that two more rhubarb plants have appeared in the garden. You can't kill the bloody stuff.

I shall have a fine big batch of rhubarb booze this year imo.

Burney
04-20-2018, 01:47 PM
Was Remi Moses still around, he was another wee fúcker. Factoring in Robson also not sure how they all fit in though NW did play up front for a while.

Was Moses not drunk most of the time? I seem to remember that he, Robson and McGrath were savage drinkers.

Sir C
04-20-2018, 01:48 PM

Lots of people paying tribute to Butch mentioned the cheerfulnes of his standard greeting. "How are you Ray?" He'd reply, "Dangerously well! Dangerously."

I like that very much. Dangerously well.

I wonder if Butch would be offended if I nicked it? Actually he hated being called Butch, didn't he?

Ray. Let's call him Ray.

SWv2
04-20-2018, 01:49 PM
People who don't like rhubarb are weird. And I include my wife and Sir C in that. Weirdos.

I dug mine up from the garden and transplanted it to the allotment. However, all that's happened is that two more rhubarb plants have appeared in the garden. You can't kill the bloody stuff.

I shall have a fine big batch of rhubarb booze this year imo.

We have long since established Mrs B as being weird on the whole Noo-tella thing. Her dislike of rhubard infact works to her credit.

It is the food of the devil. It and cucumber forming 66.66*% of the unholy trinity of devil foods.

*repeating

Sir C
04-20-2018, 01:50 PM
We have long since established Mrs B as being weird on the whole Noo-tella thing. Her dislike of rhubard infact works to her credit.

It is the food of the devil. It and cucumber forming 66.66*% of the unholy trinity of devil foods.

*repeating

If you remove the cucumber skin it won't repeat on you.

Also, defenestrate the seeds.

Burney
04-20-2018, 01:50 PM
Lots of people paying tribute to Butch mentioned the cheerfulnes of his standard greeting. "How are you Ray?" He'd reply, "Dangerously well! Dangerously."

I like that very much. Dangerously well.

I wonder if Butch would be offended if I nicked it? Actually he hated being called Butch, didn't he?

Ray. Let's call him Ray.

Even with his blind love for Chelsea, it was hard to dislike Wilkins. I can think of no higher compliment than that.

Burney
04-20-2018, 01:52 PM

As a child, I would happily just gnaw my way through a cucumber. No cucumber was safe in my presence, if fact. The repetition thing is a bonus. You get to taste the cucumber twice.

Burney
04-20-2018, 01:54 PM

*repeating

She is technically correct about the Nutella thing. It's an Italian product, see? Same lot who do Ferrero Rocher. So they put 'Nut' in the name, but being wops, had no idea how to pronounce it properly. Hence it is officially 'Noo-tella' :shrug:

Sir C
04-20-2018, 01:57 PM
Even with his blind love for Chelsea, it was hard to dislike Wilkins. I can think of no higher compliment than that.

Another great midfield player from an era of great midfield players. What happened to all the midfield players? Now they have to be called 'central midfield players' or 'defensive' or attacking. Back then they attacked, defended, played centrally or roamed wide - complete footballers, they were. We will never see their like again.

Consider Johan Neeskens. He would protect his back four, boss the midfield, launch attacks and score goals. They were complete players. And hard. Fúcking hell they were hard.

SWv2
04-20-2018, 01:58 PM

Life is too short for this nonsense you silly Dutch man.

Pat Vegas
04-20-2018, 01:59 PM
She is technically correct about the Nutella thing. It's an Italian product, see? Same lot who do Ferrero Rocher. So they put 'Nut' in the name, but being wops, had no idea how to pronounce it properly. Hence it is officially 'Noo-tella' :shrug:

:nod: exactly.

Burney
04-20-2018, 01:59 PM
Another great midfield player from an era of great midfield players. What happened to all the midfield players? Now they have to be called 'central midfield players' or 'defensive' or attacking. Back then they attacked, defended, played centrally or roamed wide - complete footballers, they were. We will never see their like again.

Consider Johan Neeskens. He would protect his back four, boss the midfield, launch attacks and score goals. They were complete players. And hard. Fúcking hell they were hard.

Perhaps the physical demands of modern football in terms of speed and so forth simply don't allow people to be that kind of footballer and last?

Burney
04-20-2018, 02:00 PM
:nod: exactly.

Doesn't make it right, of course.

Sir C
04-20-2018, 02:01 PM
Life is too short for this nonsense you silly Dutch man.

There is no need to be rude. I was simply trying to save your family from the stench of the foul eructations which whistle past the broken, blackened stumps you laughingly call 'teeth'.

SWv2
04-20-2018, 02:03 PM

I will share one with you from my managerial career and the challenges we face.

Just last weekend, league game, I had taken off our striker as 1) he needed a rest and 2) he is a wee shíte. Anyhow I was getting him ready to come back on and suggested he play midfield, decent wee player. He said he would like to come and play – and here I quote – “CAM” not “CDM”.

Naturally, as any of my peers would do, I turned away and urged another “Ben you’re going on in a second”.

Sir C
04-20-2018, 02:06 PM
Perhaps the physical demands of modern football in terms of speed and so forth simply don't allow people to be that kind of footballer and last?

This may be an explanation b. You could well be right. It's impossible to compare eras, isn't it?

Still. They were an impressive breed. The sight of Sounness bossing a midfield isn't easily forgotten.

Sir C

Just last weekend, league game, I had taken off our striker as 1) he needed a rest and 2) he is a wee shíte. Anyhow I was getting him ready to come back on and suggested he play midfield, decent wee player. He said he would like to come and play – and here I quote – “CAM” not “CDM”.

Naturally, as any of my peers would do, I turned away and urged another “Ben you’re going on in a second”.

Are you allowed to batter these little shíts?

IUFG

They've all grown up playing FIFA on their games machines, sw.

I'm surprised you can actually get da yoot out of their bedrooms nowadays.

Burney
04-20-2018, 02:07 PM
This may be an explanation b. You could well be right. It's impossible to compare eras, isn't it?

Still. They were an impressive breed. The sight of Sounness bossing a midfield isn't easily forgotten.

Also, it simply isn't possible to be that violent anymore. Sounness - although a great player as well - was also an animal.

Luis Anaconda
04-20-2018, 02:08 PM
Also, it simply isn't possible to be that violent anymore. Sounness - although a great player as well - was also an animal.
He would have kept VAR busy, that's for sure

IUFG
04-20-2018, 02:09 PM

this always make me laugh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygVgxYa3mlo

SWv2
04-20-2018, 02:09 PM
Are you allowed to batter these little shíts?

Not even allowed to raise my voice in anger.

Luis Anaconda
04-20-2018, 02:10 PM
I'd sort of blanked out the fact that Muhren played for United. He was ace with Thijssen at Ipswich, though.

Eric Gates, John Wark in that Ipswich midfield as well - no wonder Talbot had to move to Arsenal to get a game. Actually Gates probably played up front but dropped very deep iirc

IUFG
04-20-2018, 02:11 PM
Eric Gates, John Wark in that Ipswich midfield as well - no wonder Talbot had to move to Arsenal to get a game. Actually Gates probably played up front but dropped very deep iirc

What was the name of that Sarf Ifriken that played for them?

I ask you as the resident football pervert, la.

Burney
04-20-2018, 02:13 PM

:hehe: Apocryphally, when he was playing for Rangers, his disciplinary record was so bad that you could walk into a Glasgow pub and ask for 'A Sounness', which meant 'One half and then I'm off'

Sir C
04-20-2018, 02:14 PM

John Wark, another properly hard bástard.

Noddy would get fired in, as well, and he appeared to be made out of rocks. He was never damaged.

Were there any hard men after that? Steve Williams, I suppose. Ince didn't fúck about. It was the next generation, Vieira and Keane, that lot, who were emasculated by referees.

Luis Anaconda
04-20-2018, 02:16 PM
What was the name of that Sarf Ifriken that played for them?

I ask you as the resident football pervert, la.

the team I remember was Cooper; Mills, Beattie, Butcher, Osman; Mühren, Thijssen, Wark; Gates, Brazil, Mariner

Was it Mich D'Avray who came along later - he might have been a Saffa

Burney
04-20-2018, 02:19 PM
John Wark, another properly hard bástard.

Noddy would get fired in, as well, and he appeared to be made out of rocks. He was never damaged.

Were there any hard men after that? Steve Williams, I suppose. Ince didn't fúck about. It was the next generation, Vieira and Keane, that lot, who were emasculated by referees.

Perhaps it's also the decline of Scotch football that's had an effect? There's no longer a conveyor belt sending an endless supply of Pictish psychopaths south of Hadrian's Wall to wreak havoc among sassenach midfields.

IUFG
04-20-2018, 02:19 PM
the team I remember was Cooper; Mills, Beattie, Butcher, Osman; Mühren, Thijssen, Wark; Gates, Brazil, Mariner

Googled it. Colin Viljoen. I can still remember his picture in my Panini sticker book.

I thought it was very glamorous of them to have a forriner when everyone else was English, Jockish, Welsh or Irish. In Ipswich, of all places.

edit - He played for England, ffs.

Burney
04-20-2018, 02:21 PM

Mills wasn't to be fvcked with as I recall. He also managed the impressive feat of playing top level football while looking about 50.

Burney
04-20-2018, 02:22 PM
Googled it. Colin Viljoen. I can still remember his picture in my Panini sticker book.

I thought it was very glamorous of them to have a forriner when everyone else was English, Jockish, Welsh or Irish. In Ipswich, of all places.

edit - He played for England, ffs.

I could never work out Craig Johnston in this respect. Was he Australian or South African?

IUFG
04-20-2018, 02:23 PM
Mills wasn't to be fvcked with as I recall. He also managed the impressive feat of playing top level football while looking about 50.

He was until recently, on BBC Radio Suffolk every Monday morning, without fail, to stick the boot into Mick McCarthy

Sir C
04-20-2018, 02:24 PM

"And that's a booking!" :hehe:

Sir C
04-20-2018, 02:25 PM
Perhaps it's also the decline of Scotch football that's had an effect? There's no longer a conveyor belt sending an endless supply of Pictish psychopaths south of Hadrian's Wall to wreak havoc among sassenach midfields.

Fair one. Many of those closet murderers were Jockanese, there's no denying it.

IUFG
04-20-2018, 02:25 PM
"And that's a booking!" :hehe:

marginal, I thought.

Sir C
04-20-2018, 02:26 PM
marginal, I thought.

I think he was going for the bloke's gonads and missed.

SWv2
04-20-2018, 02:33 PM
I could never work out Craig Johnston in this respect. Was he Australian or South African?

Australian, and therefore a wánker.

Burney
04-20-2018, 02:33 PM
marginal, I thought.

Hard to know. Was he going for the career-ending job on the knee or the supremely painful (but survivable) nut shot?

IUFG
04-20-2018, 02:35 PM
Hard to know. Was he going for the career-ending job on the knee or the supremely painful (but survivable) nut shot?

Well, he missed both.

The temerity to then go down and point at his own leg :hehe:

Burney
04-20-2018, 02:37 PM
Well, he missed both.

The temerity to then go down and point at his own leg :hehe:

Oh, yes. He clearly meant to do something much, much worse, though.

The outrage he manages to muster about his leg is my favourite. He's incandescent with self-righteous anger, having just effectively kicked another human being in half. :hehe:

Darren's Dodgy Denim
04-20-2018, 02:59 PM
A turd of a man

SWv2
04-20-2018, 03:09 PM
Oh, yes. He clearly meant to do something much, much worse, though.

The outrage he manages to muster about his leg is my favourite. He's incandescent with self-righteous anger, having just effectively kicked another human being in half. :hehe:

Souness is a genuinely hard bástard, and as his time in Scotland and Turkey showed a nutter also. A dangerous combination. A footballing Begbie if you will.

Even now on a Sunday on Sky he will sometimes get that look in his eyes and you can see the likes of Redknapp and Henry back off.

Peter
04-20-2018, 03:20 PM

Rhubard tart also.

With you on rhubarb crumble. what sort of **** ruins a crumble by putting that in it?