PDA

View Full Version : Jesus h Christ I feel positively tearful.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-20-2018, 09:13 AM
. . . . . . .

Pat Vegas
04-20-2018, 09:14 AM
. . . . . . .

it feels like someone has died.

Just Trent
04-20-2018, 09:15 AM
. . . . . . .

I'm still in shock H. Is it really happening? Felt like we'd never see it.

PSRB
04-20-2018, 09:15 AM
. . . . . . .

:nod: Very sad day.

Burney
04-20-2018, 09:16 AM
. . . . . . .

I find the spectacle of Arsenal fans celebrating this pretty revolting, I must say.

Ungrateful, spoilt cvnts.

IUFG
04-20-2018, 09:18 AM
I find the spectacle of Arsenal fans celebrating this pretty revolting, I must say.

Ungrateful, spoilt cvnts.

There is absolutely nothing to celebrate, other than the service he has given the club.

That said, there is an obvious need for change, for which I absolutely approve.

Burney
04-20-2018, 09:20 AM
There is absolutely nothing to celebrate, other than the service he has given the club.

That said, there is an obvious need for change, for which I absolutely approve.

I agree with the need for change. And mixed emotions are entirely fair.

Dancing on the grave of his career, on the other hand, is repellent.

Peter
04-20-2018, 09:22 AM
:nod: Very sad day.

The very sad day will be his last game.

Burney
04-20-2018, 09:26 AM
The very sad day will be his last game.

It could be in Lyon, of course. Which would seem wrong.

Mind you, our last two league games are away, too. :shrug:

World's End Stella
04-20-2018, 09:29 AM
It could be in Lyon, of course. Which would seem wrong.

Mind you, our last two league games are away, too. :shrug:

Actually, I can't think of a better and more appropriate way for him to leave than to lift his only European cup with the club. That would be truly brilliant and suggest that fate had smiled upon us good and proper.

So no chance then :-(

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-20-2018, 09:31 AM
I'm still in shock H. Is it really happening? Felt like we'd never see it.

There'll be a deafening "One Arsene Wenger" chant on Sunday for sure.

Burney
04-20-2018, 09:31 AM
Actually, I can't think of a better and more appropriate way for him to leave than to lift his only European cup with the club. That would be truly brilliant and suggest that fate had smiled upon us good and proper.

No. We'll get bundled out by AM and it will finish in a trio of humiliating defeats to Burnley, Leicester and Huddersfield.

Pokster
04-20-2018, 09:32 AM

Well, as deafening as 30,000 people can be

Pokster
04-20-2018, 09:32 AM
No. We'll get bundled out by AM and it will finish in a trio of humiliating defeats to Burnley, Leicester and Huddersfield.

His first match was an away game oop Norf, fitting it ends the same way

Burney
04-20-2018, 09:33 AM

Which would reveal depths of hypocrisy in our supporters which - while unsurprising - will nonetheless still be pretty sickening.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-20-2018, 09:35 AM

I think a hollow victory for him though wes - he wanted Old Big Ears more than anything and unless he scores a job with Real, Barca or Bayern, it is never going to happen.

Peter
04-20-2018, 09:36 AM
Which would reveal depths of hypocrisy in our supporters which - while unsurprising - will nonetheless still be pretty sickening.

So either way it's sickening, despite being the right decision?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-20-2018, 09:38 AM
Remember how we castigated Spurs for their chanting of "Stand up for Martin Jol" after they'd hounded him from the club. We are no more or no less hypocritical than all football fans.

World's End Stella
04-20-2018, 09:40 AM

Eh? He still has enormous support amongst the regulars at the Emirates as far as I can tell.

Burney
04-20-2018, 09:41 AM
So either way it's sickening, despite being the right decision?

The fact that it's the right decision makes no difference to the way many fans have behaved towards Wenger for ages now.

For those same fans to suddenly go all damp-eyed because they're finally getting what they wanted is utterly sickening, yes. Fvck them.

Peter
04-20-2018, 09:48 AM
The fact that it's the right decision makes no difference to the way many fans have behaved towards Wenger for ages now.

For those same fans to suddenly go all damp-eyed because they're finally getting what they wanted is utterly sickening, yes. Fvck them.

In the grand scheme of things it matters little. He had to go and he has gone. THe club can move on.

Red N White Army
04-20-2018, 09:50 AM
Genuinely gutted, despite it being the right decision. :(

Burney
04-20-2018, 09:51 AM
In the grand scheme of things it matters little. He had to go and he has gone. THe club can move on.

A fine and decent man in a game largely played, run and watched by utter cvnts has finally been ground down. There are no positives in this story.

Peter
04-20-2018, 09:53 AM
A fine and decent man in a game largely played, run and watched by utter cvnts has finally been ground down. There are no positives in this story.

The positive is that it is clearly in the interests of the club, b. Unfortunately, that is all that should matter.

Burney
04-20-2018, 09:56 AM
The positive is that it is clearly in the interests of the club, b. Unfortunately, that is all that should matter.

You seem awfully sure about that, p. I wish I had your confidence.

Sir C
04-20-2018, 09:57 AM
Remember how we castigated Spurs for their chanting of "Stand up for Martin Jol" after they'd hounded him from the club. We are no more or no less hypocritical than all football fans.

So we shouldn't aspire to be better people than the bad people?

A strange attitude.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-20-2018, 09:58 AM
One positive is this will be the end of Yesterday Once More's raison d'etre
:cloud9:

Burney
04-20-2018, 10:00 AM
One positive is this will be the end of Yesterday Once More's raison d'etre
:cloud9:

:hehe: People like that are never appeased, s.

Rich
04-20-2018, 10:03 AM

The saddest thing is that he has no interests outside of football (and maybe wine). He's going to be utterly lost having previously dedicated his life to Arsenal Football Club.

I feel like we need to give him an honorary position on the board for life. If not I fear that he may top himself :-(

Pokster
04-20-2018, 10:05 AM
The saddest thing is that he has no interests outside of football (and maybe wine). He's going to be utterly lost having previously dedicated his life to Arsenal Football Club.

I feel like we need to give him an honorary position on the board for life. If not I fear that he may top himself :-(

Who said he won't work elsewhere? A National team perhaps

Peter
04-20-2018, 10:06 AM
You seem awfully sure about that, p. I wish I had your confidence.

Oh, don't get me wrong. We might get worse.

Burney
04-20-2018, 10:07 AM

He's going to be reduced to sitting in his pants in the dark, sipping a glass of Petrus, watching Bulgarian 2nd Division matches and crying helplessly. :-(

Luis Anaconda
04-20-2018, 10:11 AM
Who said he won't work elsewhere? A National team perhaps

He already works in the media with a cushy commentary job - so I doubt he'll be short of work if he wants