PDA

View Full Version : Going to recommission the barbie tonight, boys.

Sir C
04-19-2018, 03:05 PM
I've got the makings of some fine cheeseburgers right here.

Interestingly, when I checked the sell-by date on the plastic cheese-flavoured product slices still in the fridge from last summer, I note that they have a shelf-life of over 12 months. :hehe:

Burney
04-19-2018, 03:07 PM

Interestingly, when I checked the sell-by date on the plastic cheese-flavoured product slices still in the fridge from last summer, I note that they have a shelf-life of over 12 months. :hehe:

If something has a shelf-life of more than 12 months, it is essentially indestructible and will be as edible in 10 years as it is now. FACT.

Christ knows what's in that stuff. Mostly wax, I think. :-(

Sir C
04-19-2018, 03:11 PM
If something has a shelf-life of more than 12 months, it is essentially indestructible and will be as edible in 10 years as it is now. FACT.

It's the only thing for the job, though.

PSRB
04-19-2018, 03:12 PM

Still an absolute must on any BBQ Burger :eat:

Burney
04-19-2018, 03:13 PM
It's the only thing for the job, though.

Oh, yes. Real cheese simply won't do at all.

Will you be popping a butt in at the weekend, do you think?

Viva Prat Vegas
04-19-2018, 03:13 PM
Will you have the Shish kebabs ?

Sir C
04-19-2018, 03:16 PM
Oh, yes. Real cheese simply won't do at all.

Will you be popping a butt in at the weekend, do you think?

:nod: I have added a butt to th'Ocado order, togther with the essentials for injecting it. I'll give it 8 hours on Saturday. :cloud9:

On Sunday I will spitroast a duck.

Sir C
04-19-2018, 03:16 PM
Will you have the Shish kebabs ?

There will be no nasty foreign muck round these parts, s.

Burney
04-19-2018, 03:19 PM
:nod: I have added a butt to th'Ocado order, togther with the essentials for injecting it. I'll give it 8 hours on Saturday. :cloud9:

On Sunday I will spitroast a duck.

Does that not throw out a fearful quantity of fat?

Sir C
04-19-2018, 03:22 PM
Does that not throw out a fearful quantity of fat?

Yes, but afterwards I'll just rack the device up to 500 degrees and that burns any shít off.

World's End Stella
04-19-2018, 03:23 PM
Over the years I have come to the conclusion that BBQs are actually pretty overrated purely from the quality of the food perspective. The idea that the charcoal or whatever actually imparts much flavor is nonsense imo. BBQ meat is only better because the higher heats allows you to char it better.

Nope, BBQs are nice because you can sit in the open air with - hopefully - some sun on you and swill beer or G&Ts or whatever. The food just isn't all that. :shrug:

Burney
04-19-2018, 03:25 PM
Yes, but afterwards I'll just rack the device up to 500 degrees and that burns any shít off.

You could probably dispose of a body with that thing.

SWv2
04-19-2018, 03:50 PM

Good wax all the same.

World's End Stella
04-19-2018, 03:56 PM
Good wax all the same.

Bacon as well? Cheese *and* bacon are a must on any decent burger. And it must be processed cheese and crispy bacon.

After that it's up to you but for me - ketchup, mustard, mayo, lettuce, onions (raw) and pickles (dill).

:eat:

SWv2
04-19-2018, 04:02 PM
Bacon as well? Cheese *and* bacon are a must on any decent burger. And it must be processed cheese and crispy bacon.

After that it's up to you but for me - ketchup, mustard, mayo, lettuce, onions (raw) and pickles (dill).

:eat:

I took the young lad to Wow Burger weekend before last. The females had gone to the theatre but clearly neither of us are gay.

Bacon cheeseburger (double of course, they only do double), grilled mushrooms, grilled onions, lettuce, tomato, WowBurger sauce.

It was simply magnificent.

Side order of chilli fries which I miscalculated as spicy fries but in fact they were fries with chilli on top. Quite the beef feast.

Raw onions, pickles, jalapenos all optional extras.

Burney
04-19-2018, 04:10 PM
I took the young lad to Wow Burger weekend before last. The females had gone to the theatre but clearly neither of us are gay.

Bacon cheeseburger (double of course, they only do double), grilled mushrooms, grilled onions, lettuce, tomato, WowBurger sauce.

It was simply magnificent.

Side order of chilli fries which I miscalculated as spicy fries but in fact they were fries with chilli on top. Quite the beef feast.

Raw onions, pickles, jalapenos all optional extras.

Was it not terribly messy? I must admit that I'm coming around to the idea that less is more when it comes to the fillings of a burger. With an overfilled burger, you end up smeared in greasy filth and with bits of the burger dropping onto your plate/lap/shirt/trousers/dog.

PSRB
04-19-2018, 04:14 PM
Was it not terribly messy? I must admit that I'm coming around to the idea that less is more when it comes to the fillings of a burger. With an overfilled burger, you end up smeared in greasy filth and with bits of the burger dropping onto your plate/lap/shirt/trousers/dog.

:nod: Even a Big Mac pisses me off, lettuce going everywhere

Burney
04-19-2018, 04:21 PM
:nod: Even a Big Mac pisses me off, lettuce going everywhere

:nod: Overfilling is what leads people to eat burgers with a knife and fork.

Peter
04-19-2018, 04:26 PM

Agreed. It becomes a chore. You dont really need all that **** in there anyway.

redgunamo
04-19-2018, 04:55 PM

As it's the only cooking I do, we seem to barbecue every few days :-(

World's End Stella
04-20-2018, 07:09 AM
:nod: Overfilling is what leads people to eat burgers with a knife and fork.

No. Insanity is what leads to people eating a burger with a knife and fork. That and insanely dated pretense.

Although I'm with you on the overloading bit. Grilled onions and mushrooms is simply a step too far imo.

Rich
04-20-2018, 08:39 AM
No. Insanity is what leads to people eating a burger with a knife and fork. That and insanely dated pretense.

Although I'm with you on the overloading bit. Grilled onions and mushrooms is simply a step too far imo.

My BBQ made its 2018 debut yesterday too. I had to eat my (home made) burgers with knife and fork as I don't have a bun with them.

Absolutely delightful, they were. Did some tandoori chicken for my lunch today as well which I'm very much looking forward to.

Burney
04-20-2018, 08:41 AM
My BBQ made its 2018 debut yesterday too. I had to eat my (home made) burgers with knife and fork as I don't have a bun with them.

Absolutely delightful, they were. Did some tandoori chicken for my lunch today as well which I'm very much looking forward to.

It's not tandoori chicken, though, is it? Because tandoori chicken requires a tandoor. What you've got there is barbecued chicken tikka style stuff.

Rich
04-20-2018, 08:43 AM
It's not tandoori chicken, though, is it? Because tandoori chicken requires a tandoor. What you've got there is barbecued chicken tikka style stuff.

Well it's smothered in tandoori paste stuff I made. I even put slits into the breasts to make sure the paste penetrated deep into the meat. Oh yes.

Burney
04-20-2018, 08:45 AM
Well it's smothered in tandoori paste stuff I made. I even put slits into the breasts to make sure the paste penetrated deep into the meat. Oh yes.

That's the least arousing sentence I've ever read that contains the words 'slits', 'breasts', 'penetrated', 'deep' and 'meat'. :-(

Sir C
04-20-2018, 08:50 AM
Agreed. It becomes a chore. You dont really need all that **** in there anyway.

A cheeseburger needs a burger and some cheese, with lettuce or onion for texture and mayonnaise for lubrication.

Any cheeseburger requiring bacon, mushrooms or onion rings clearly isn't a very good cheeseburger.

Burney
04-20-2018, 08:57 AM
A cheeseburger needs a burger and some cheese, with lettuce or onion for texture and mayonnaise for lubrication.

Any cheeseburger requiring bacon, mushrooms or onion rings clearly isn't a very good cheeseburger.

Mayonnaise? You dirty Dutch b@stard.

World's End Stella
04-20-2018, 08:58 AM

Shirley ketchup is a must? Mustard I could accept as optional, but not ketchup.

World's End Stella
04-20-2018, 08:59 AM

:nod: Absolutely required. That or burger sauce, which pretty much fulfills the same function.

Sir C
04-20-2018, 09:31 AM

There is no need to be rude. No need at all.