PDA

View Full Version : 2 Wenzel's sausage rolls really does help the hangover

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-19-2018, 08:08 AM
How good are sausage rolls?

Sir C
04-19-2018, 08:10 AM

I am unfamiliar with the work of Chef Wenzel. Are they greasy and filled with a tube of pink mystery-meat derived sludge?

If so, the answer to your question is, 'magnificent'.

Burney
04-19-2018, 08:12 AM
I am unfamiliar with the work of Chef Wenzel. Are they greasy and filled with a tube of pink mystery-meat derived sludge?

To be honest (and at the risk of coming across like a Labour supporter) Wenzel doesn't sound like a name I'd naturally associate with pork products. :rubchin:

redgunamo
04-19-2018, 08:18 AM
To be honest (and at the risk of coming across a bit Labour supporter) Wenzel doesn't sound like a name I'd naturally associate with pork products. :rubchin:

It's German or Czech, I think. Short for "Wenzeslaus", like the Good king. There's a European prince of that name going about too.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-19-2018, 08:21 AM

I would suggest that they are a step up from Greggs

IUFG
04-19-2018, 08:23 AM
I would suggest that they are a step up from Greggs

Whooah there, abr

Burney
04-19-2018, 08:26 AM
Whooah there, abr

:nod: He's in serious danger of heresy there, iufg.

Pokster
04-19-2018, 08:27 AM
Whooah there, abr

I think he must stil be drunk sc, that can be the only conclusion

Tony C
04-19-2018, 09:27 AM
I thought wenzels were Polish lol

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-19-2018, 01:40 PM
:nod: He's in serious danger of heresy there, iufg.

Definitely a step up from Greggs as there is less grease, which probably makes it a step down for some.

World's End Stella
04-19-2018, 01:44 PM
I had a sausage roll in Godalming from Greggs the other day.

The pastry was too dry and the sausage meat barely warm. I was most disappointed. :-(

SWv2
04-19-2018, 01:45 PM

Are you not the wrong 'un that makes your own and then eats them with a knife and fork?

:judge:

World's End Stella
04-19-2018, 01:51 PM
Are you not the wrong 'un that makes your own and then eats them with a knife and fork?

Never under-estimate the English in this regard, SW.

I'm sure I mentioned the middle aged woman in 5 Guys eating a bacon cheeseburger with a plastic knife and fork.

Stoning, that's what she needed.

PSRB
04-19-2018, 01:52 PM
I had a sausage roll in Godalming from Greggs the other day.

The pastry was too dry and the sausage meat barely warm. I was most disappointed. :-(

Greggs in Godalming, juxtaposition of the week.

The finest thing ever in Godalming was the (now defunct) Cider House.....actually, the 6th Form College had some outstanding female students

World's End Stella
04-19-2018, 01:56 PM
Greggs in Godalming, juxtaposition of the week.

The finest thing ever in Godalming was the (now defunct) Cider House.....actually, the 6th Form College had some outstanding female students

Little Miss WES almost went there and is friends with some from there. And you are right. :nod:

God to be 18 in this day and age. :yikes:

PSRB
04-19-2018, 02:00 PM
Little Miss WES almost went there and is friends with some from there. And you are right. :nod:

God to be 18 in this day and age. :yikes:

Just to be 18 again :cry:

Burney
04-19-2018, 02:03 PM
Just to be 18 again :cry:

Nah. 18's too young. And you don't have any money. Early to mid-20s when you're earning, have your own place and can live for the weekend. Good timezzzzz.

PSRB
04-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Nah. 18's too young. And you don't have any money. Early to mid-20s when you're earning, have your own place and can live for the weekend. Good timezzzzz.

Yes but I could correct a few errors that occurred around that time.

27 was my favourite year, though

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-19-2018, 02:08 PM

I make my own, yes. Knives are for stabbing and forks are for prodding imo