PDA

View Full Version : So yesterday I drank two of my homemade, five-month matured sparkling ciders.

Burney
04-16-2018, 11:28 AM
Clear as a bell, gloriously effervescent, crisp and delicious.

A couple of hours later I suffered a thunderous (albeit thankfully short-lived) bout of gastric unpleasantness.

I do not know if these two events are related. :-(

Sir C
04-16-2018, 11:41 AM
Clear as a bell, gloriously effervescent, crisp and delicious.

A couple of hours later I suffered a thunderous (albeit thankfully short-lived) bout of gastric unpleasantness.

I do not know if these two events are related. :-(

I think you do, b, don't you? Even the most sanitised cider is going to mess with your gizzards. Cider produced under the auspices of your somewhat dubious concept of cleanliness is liable to give most human beings dysentery. :-(

Burney
04-16-2018, 11:45 AM
I think you do, b, don't you? Even the most sanitised cider is going to mess with your gizzards. Cider produced under the auspices of your somewhat dubious concept of cleanliness is liable to give most human beings dysentery. :-(

Everything was thoroughly sterilised and the cider itself gave off no hint of ming, I can assure you. You would have drunk it very happily. Besides, fermentation kills most things that can damage one.

No. The cause of my discomfort remains a mystery. I don't think it can have been my cider.

PSRB
04-16-2018, 11:50 AM
Everything was thoroughly sterilised and the cider itself gave off no hint of ming, I can assure you. You would have drunk it very happily. Besides, fermentation kills most things that can damage one.

No. The cause of my discomfort remains a mystery. I don't think it can have been my cider.

Have another 2 pints and see what happens :shrug:

Sir C
04-16-2018, 11:52 AM

He drank the cider and shortly afterwards shat himself into oblivion. I'm not sure what he will achieve by taking more of the poison on board. Perhaps he wants to look like Karen Carpenter?

Burney
04-16-2018, 11:52 AM

This would be an excellent plan, but these were the last of that particular batch. It was quite, quite foul when I first drank it about three months ago. Yesterday it was like nectar. This is what's so frustrating: but for the slightly unfortunate digestive episode, I would happily conclude that I have cracked the secret of making good sparkling cider. :-(

Luis Anaconda
04-16-2018, 11:59 AM
:nod: I had quite of lot of Aspall yesterday - the only thing more damaged than my gizzards was my wallet

Peter
04-16-2018, 12:00 PM
This would be an excellent plan, but these were the last of that particular batch. It was quite, quite foul when I first drank it about three months ago. Yesterday it was like nectar. This is what's so frustrating: but for the slightly unfortunate digestive episode, I would happily conclude that I have cracked the secret of making good sparkling cider. :-(

I think consumers are going to consider that as rather more than just a side effect.

I was presented with 7% lager on Saturday in the pub and told that, due to its incredible strength, one was only allowed to order in two-third of a pint.

Well I will NOT be told what size drink I can and cannot have. I had a Guinness instead. **** them.

Sir C
04-16-2018, 12:01 PM
:nod: I had quite of lot of Aspall yesterday - the only thing more damaged than my gizzards was my wallet

There you go. Anything with the power to disturb your embalmed intestinal tract must have extremely dangerous juju.

Luis Anaconda
04-16-2018, 12:03 PM
There you go. Anything with the power to disturb your embalmed intestinal tract must have extremely dangerous juju.

I actually had enough yesterday to be influenced into booking a flight back for the Burnley game :yikes:

SWv2
04-16-2018, 12:08 PM
I think consumers are going to consider that as rather more than just a side effect.

I was presented with 7% lager on Saturday in the pub and told that, due to its incredible strength, one was only allowed to order in two-third of a pint.

Well I will NOT be told what size drink I can and cannot have. I had a Guinness instead. **** them.

Two third of a pint?

What in the name of all this is holy does that mean? They give you a half empty glass?

barrybueno
04-16-2018, 12:11 PM
Two third of a pint?

What in the name of all this is holy does that mean? They give you a half empty glass?

A third empty glass imo

Peter
04-16-2018, 12:11 PM
Two third of a pint?

No, they actually have the little glasses. Every beer can be ordered as a half, two thirds or a pint.

Its a 'tap house' apparently, not just a pub. I had a long conversation with them about this and I am still none the wiser as to what's the difference is.

On the wall it says 'we do not sell Fosters'.

It is the only pub in the town centre that isnt either violent or drowned in appalling music. I have to go in there :(

Sir C
04-16-2018, 12:13 PM
I actually had enough yesterday to be influenced into booking a flight back for the Burnley game :yikes:

You're going to fly 800 miles in order to watch us lose and get booed off the pitch as we finish the season 7th?

:hehe: Maniac.

redgunamo
04-16-2018, 12:14 PM
You're going to fly 800 miles in order to watch us lose and get booed off the pitch as we finish the season 7th?

We might not finish seventh.

IUFG
04-16-2018, 12:17 PM
No, they actually have the little glasses. Every beer can be ordered as a half, two thirds or a pint.

Of course, simply ordering more than one renders their whole, shítty policy unworkable :rolleyes:

Peter
04-16-2018, 12:17 PM
We might not finish seventh.

where do we have to finish to get a Europa place? We are going to need it :(

IUFG
04-16-2018, 12:22 PM

It will be nice not to be inconvenienced by the whole pesky, European nonsense at all, imo

Luis Anaconda
04-16-2018, 12:23 PM

tbf I am flying 800 miles for a good feed and to get pissed with my mates. The football will be but a short break in the middle

Viva Prat Vegas
04-16-2018, 12:24 PM
Sir C "You're going to fly 800 miles in order to watch us lose and get booed off the pitch as we finish the season 7th? Maniac."

:nono:
That is the ultimate in loyal support

redgunamo
04-16-2018, 12:24 PM

Burnley's problem, imo. We'll be back in the European Cup.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-16-2018, 12:26 PM
Peter "where do we have to finish to get a Europa place? We are going to need it "

We will only manage to avoid the Europa League if Burnley finish above us AND Southampton win the Cup

In short - more of the same fixture disruption next season

Luis Anaconda
04-16-2018, 12:31 PM
Sir C "You're going to fly 800 miles in order to watch us lose and get booed off the pitch as we finish the season 7th? Maniac."

ty vpv. I watch every game anyway - might as well give my liver a rest by going to the stadium once in a while

Peter
04-16-2018, 12:42 PM
It will be nice not to be inconvenienced by the whole pesky, European nonsense at all, imo

I suppose. But the Europa League is probably our best hope of getting back into the Champions League and will be again next season unless things change dramatically over the summer.

PSRB
04-16-2018, 12:46 PM
I suppose. But the Europa League is probably our best hope of getting back into the Champions League and will be again next season unless things change dramatically over the summer.

I've quite enjoyed the whole EL experience, helps that we have/had a realistic chance of winning the thing

Pokster
04-16-2018, 12:47 PM
A third empty glass imo

He always looks on the negative side

SWv2
04-16-2018, 12:49 PM
I've quite enjoyed the whole EL experience, helps that we have/had a realistic chance of winning the thing

It has been shíte up to now.

Suddenly interesting.

Sir C
04-16-2018, 12:54 PM
tbf I am flying 800 miles for a good feed and to get pissed with my mates. The football will be but a short break in the middle

Mates now, is it? Get you!

Sir C
04-16-2018, 01:01 PM

s. This degree of support is for the young, more foolish gentleman. A chap reaches an age when reason, good sense and cynicism moderates his behaviour.

AFC East
04-16-2018, 01:25 PM

I was about to suggest that the game wasn't even worth walking for, let alone flying for. Food/drink/friends is a proper reason.

Burney
04-16-2018, 02:23 PM

In cider terms, 7% is no biggie, though. I’ve quaffed pints of Old Rosie in the pub and that’s 7.3%.

I can only conclude that the people serving you this beer were charlatans, I’m afraid.

Peter
04-16-2018, 02:26 PM
In cider terms, 7% is no biggie, though. I’ve quaffed pints of Old Rosie in the pub and that’s 7.3%.

I can only conclude that the people serving you this beer were charlatans, I’m afraid.

Well, yes...as evidence elsewhere in the thread. It is, I believe, a 'hipster' pub.

I am no fan of cider.

Burney
04-16-2018, 02:29 PM
Well, yes...as evidence elsewhere in the thread. It is, I believe, a 'hipster' pub.

I am no fan of cider.

You'd like mine, p. Delicious, it is. And very...cleansing.

Peter
04-16-2018, 03:02 PM
You'd like mine, p. Delicious, it is. And very...cleansing.

I stick to the black stuff, b. My body doesn't react well to beers and ciders these days. Yours sounds like the equivalent of a chemical weapon. (No offence) :)

eastgermanautos
04-17-2018, 11:17 AM

I do get pretty hammered off IPA though. :shrug: