PDA

View Full Version : That gobshíte Putin is all wind and píss.

Sir C
04-16-2018, 08:25 AM
This is dull. I wanted a proper shooting war.

Burney
04-16-2018, 08:38 AM

Told you so. He's a big fanny.

redgunamo
04-16-2018, 09:07 AM

Russian stuff doesn't really work properly, does it, and it's not really any of our business; we want the locals to sort it all out themselves.

That's why they love the Donald down there; he's allowing them to do that, sort it out themselves. Saudis, Iraqis, Qataris and whatnot will be doing the heavy lifting; we will merely provide assistance as and when asked.

redgunamo
04-16-2018, 09:17 AM
Told you so. He's a big fanny.

Cyber warfare could be a different matter. Maybe he fancies himself better there?

SWv2
04-16-2018, 11:41 AM
Cyber warfare could be a different matter. Maybe he fancies himself better there?

Cyber Warfare?

Do you mean nerds hacking each others website and changing details. Fúck me is this what it has come to.

redgunamo
04-16-2018, 12:12 PM
Cyber Warfare?

Do you mean nerds hacking each others website and changing details. Fúck me is this what it has come to.

Essentially, yes. But now that all of our utilities' systems, power grids, comms and air traffic control, for example, are online, Russia hacking that would be a very serious matter indeed.

Rich
04-16-2018, 12:24 PM
Essentially, yes. But now that all of our utilities' systems, power grids, comms and air traffic control, for example, are online, Russia hacking that would be a very serious matter indeed.

Surely we have nerds that can take countermeasures? If they haven't bothered recruiting any then I can pop down to my local Warhammer club and pick up a few inside half an hour.

redgunamo
04-16-2018, 02:40 PM
Surely we have nerds that can take countermeasures? If they haven't bothered recruiting any then I can pop down to my local Warhammer club and pick up a few inside half an hour.

No, R. These chaps are very much not nerds and also they are very much not messing about. This just in ..

http://www.leparisien.fr/international/russie-questions-sur-la-mort-suspecte-d-un-journaliste-16-04-2018-7666575.php

IUFG
04-16-2018, 02:46 PM
No, R. These chaps are very much not nerds and also they are very much not messing about. This just in ..

http://www.leparisien.fr/international/russie-questions-sur-la-mort-suspecte-d-un-journaliste-16-04-2018-7666575.php

that links just brings up random letters and some pictures, r

PSRB
04-16-2018, 02:46 PM

Precisely!!

Burney
04-16-2018, 02:51 PM

« tombé du balcon » eh? Sounds legit.

How come they spell Putin 'Poutine'? Why not 'Putain' while they're at it?

Pat Vegas
04-16-2018, 02:56 PM
Cyber Warfare?

sounds rubbish. like cyber sex.
A/S/L? I come from shower da. and take off robe then i press missile button and then play tetris.
rubbish.

redgunamo
04-16-2018, 02:57 PM

Ah, yes. Very good.

Here's the Beeb: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43781351

The "Wagner Group" mentioned is run by Yevgeny Prigozhin, one of the chaps charged with trolling the US elections in 2016.

The plot thins ..

Burney
04-16-2018, 03:03 PM
Ah, yes. Very good.

Here's the Beeb: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43781351

The "Wagner Group" mentioned is run by Yevgeny Prigozhin, one of the chaps charged with trolling the US elections in 2016.

The plot thins ..

"Maxim Borodin was found badly injured by neighbours" really is very bad news writing. I've known subs who'd have publicly humiliated anyone who'd come out with something that ambiguous.

They must have run into something pretty heavy for 100-odd of them to get topped.

redgunamo
04-16-2018, 05:16 PM
"Maxim Borodin was found badly injured by neighbours" really is very bad news writing. I've known subs who'd have publicly humiliated anyone who'd come out with something that ambiguous.

They must have run into something pretty heavy for 100-odd of them to get topped.

:nod: Indeed, they did. Namely the Gulf Co-operation Council's finest, American airstrikes and artillery and a couple of battalion's worth of United States' military .. advisors ..