PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Amp 'wimb. what is your weapon of choice and why?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-13-2018, 03:26 PM
Currently running an old Peavey Studio Pro 112. I can't turn the frickin' thing past 1 without triggering all the car alarms in the street.

Thinking about of those little 5 watt Blackstars .. what say ye?

Sir C
04-13-2018, 03:29 PM
Currently running an old Peavey Studio Pro 112. I can't turn the frickin' thing past 1 without triggering all the car alarms in the street.

Thinking about of those little 5 watt Blackstars .. what say ye?

I've got a Marshall valve jobby. I like watching the valves glow, but it's not extremely loud.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-13-2018, 03:52 PM
I've got a Marshall valve jobby. I like watching the valves glow, but it's not extremely loud.

the valve configuration of the pre-amp and the power amp valves - model numbers, age, country of origin.

And then a full evaluation of cleans through crunch all the way to saturated overdrive.

Pat Vegas
04-14-2018, 10:40 AM
My mate just bought a boss katana and it’s really good. He got the 100w won but you won’t need that much power. However you can turn it to 1 watt so it can be played a s reasonable volumes

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-15-2018, 12:30 PM
My mate just bought a boss katana and it’s really good. He got the 100w won but you won’t need that much power. However you can turn it to 1 watt so it can be played a s reasonable volumes

. . . . . .

Pat Vegas
04-16-2018, 10:06 AM
. . . . . .

I would like to be but I don't have anywhere to play them at proper volumes.

all I want is a Vox AC30.