new contract.

He was terrible, again.

Ramsey far more deserving.

World's End Stella
04-13-2018, 08:28 AM
new contract.

He was terrible, again.

Perhaps it was just me but Jack looked unbelievably slow last night. In every way. It was like he took a few Quaaludes and then walked out onto the football pitch.

Ramsay was awful first half BTW, I stopped watching after Welbeck scored so no idea how he played the rest of the game.

Rich
04-13-2018, 08:53 AM
new contract.

He was terrible, again.

I personally think we can find better ways of spending £100k a week (Max Meyer) than JW10. I wish him all the best but not sure he fits with Arsenal's future plans.

Ramsey on the other hand should be paid what he wants. He's clearly a superb footballer & I see him as a potential future captain of the club. He is also very handsome.

World's End Stella
04-13-2018, 08:55 AM
I personally think we can find better ways of spending £100k a week (Max Meyer) than JW10. I wish him all the best but not sure he fits with Arsenal's future plans.

Ramsey on the other hand should be paid what he wants. He's clearly a superb footballer & I see him as a potential future captain of the club. He is also very handsome.

So that's the Ramsey debate put to bed once and for all then. :cloud9:

Rich
04-13-2018, 08:57 AM
So that's the Ramsey debate put to bed once and for all then. :cloud9:

:shrug: Like it or not, he is. I'd suggest that he even outshines Bale when on international duty. Wd AR8.

He's also a model professional. How often do you hear about him mis-behaving in the press?

Pat Vegas
04-13-2018, 09:11 AM
new contract.

He was terrible, again.

he repeatedly gives the ball away in dangerous areas and he's been doing it for years.

PSRB
04-13-2018, 09:22 AM
Perhaps it was just me but Jack looked unbelievably slow last night. In every way. It was like he took a few Quaaludes and then walked out onto the football pitch.

Ramsay was awful first half BTW, I stopped watching after Welbeck scored so no idea how he played the rest of the game.

Ramsey was no worse than anyone else that 1st half. Don't let your hatred cloud your mind

SWv2
04-13-2018, 09:40 AM

You have never actually seen MM play football have you?

Now be honest Dick, no person will think less of you.

Burney
04-13-2018, 09:42 AM
new contract.

He was terrible, again.

It struck me last night that Wilshere reminds me of one of those scrappy small dogs that doesn't realise it's a small dog. He plays in a way that would suit a much bigger, stronger man and seems constantly surprised by the fact that this doesn't really work out well for him and involves him spending a lot of time dumped on his arse.

PSRB
04-13-2018, 09:43 AM

:shrug: I thought he was a Bond villain

redgunamo
04-13-2018, 09:49 AM
It struck me last night that Wilshere reminds me of one of those scrappy small dogs that doesn't realise it's a small dog. He plays in a way that would suit a much bigger, stronger man and seems constantly surprised by the fact that this doesn't really work out well for him and involves him spending a lot of time dumped on his arse.

I suppose so. He wants to be Billy Bremner or Bryan Robson really. Possibly even David Batty or Dennis Wise. However not being the most physically robust and durable of fellows certainly doesn't help.

Burney
04-13-2018, 09:51 AM
I suppose so. He wants to be Billy Bremner or Bryan Robson really. Possibly even David Batty or Dennis Wise. However not being the most physically robust and durable of fellows certainly doesn't help.

I thought you'd like that analogy, r. :-)

World's End Stella
04-13-2018, 09:54 AM
Ramsey was no worse than anyone else that 1st half. Don't let your hatred cloud your mind

He was worse then Elneny and Welbeck. But I take your point that he wasn't alone.

Rich
04-13-2018, 09:56 AM

Not live - But I have watched youtube clips of him and like the look of him. As proof that this scouting method works, I informed AWIMB that I was fairly unimpressed with Lacazette's youtube clips - And look how he's turned out. A bit rubbish.

AFC East
04-13-2018, 10:00 AM
He was worse then Elneny and Welbeck. But I take your point that he wasn't alone.

I suspect you are suffering from a little confirmation bias where Ramsey is concerned. It's pretty natural when you form an opinion of someone to notice the things that reinforce that view. He's having a good season in my opinion. I wouldn't say there is no room for improvement, but surely he is well ahead of Jack Wilshire in the pecking order now.

SWv2
04-13-2018, 10:05 AM
Not live - But I have watched youtube clips of him and like the look of him. As proof that this scouting method works, I informed AWIMB that I was fairly unimpressed with Lacazette's youtube clips - And look how he's turned out. A bit rubbish.

But you do realise that a specially edited YouTube video could be made to suggest Mustafi is the new Baresi for example or that Danny Welbeck is not bang average.

Rich
04-13-2018, 10:10 AM
But you do realise that a specially edited YouTube video could be made to suggest Mustafi is the new Baresi for example or that Danny Welbeck is not bang average.

I'll never forget Chamakh's YouTube collection. A selection of various scuffed finishes, missed one on ones and instances where he was bundled off the ball. Lacazette wasn't this bad, but he didn't have many 'wow' moments in his compilation either.

Clearly MM is a classy footballer when you look at his clips. You don't make passes like that so often without having something about you.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-13-2018, 10:13 AM

My dear Dicky. I am given to understand that you are also a very handsome young man but this doesn't make you any less of an irredeemable cock. And don't forget Ramsay is a welsher and most likely had intimate knowledge of his sisters (it's their way ya see).

redgunamo
04-13-2018, 10:14 AM

In fairness, that's essentially what managers themselves mostly use. Plus statistics provided by video game manufacturers too. After all, we did actually sign Mustafi and Welbeck, didn't we.

SWv2
04-13-2018, 10:18 AM
I'll never forget Chamakh's YouTube collection. A selection of various scuffed finishes, missed one on ones and instances where he was bundled off the ball. Lacazette wasn't this bad, but he didn't have many 'wow' moments in his compilation either.

Clearly MM is a classy footballer when you look at his clips. You don't make passes like that so often without having something about you.

Yes he is a decent player but I have never come away from seeing Schalke and informing my family that he is a player we must sign.

World's End Stella
04-13-2018, 10:40 AM
I suspect you are suffering from a little confirmation bias where Ramsey is concerned. It's pretty natural when you form an opinion of someone to notice the things that reinforce that view. He's having a good season in my opinion. I wouldn't say there is no room for improvement, but surely he is well ahead of Jack Wilshire in the pecking order now.

You watched the 4-0 at Liverpool? The cup final against City? Or should we ignore these games and focus on the home game against CSKA Moscow?

PSRB
04-13-2018, 10:41 AM
You watched the 4-0 at Liverpool? The cup final against City? Or should we ignore these games and focus on the home game against CSKA Moscow?

He's playing a far more advanced (and better suited to his skillset) role than those games. A DM he is not, a very decent AM, he is

AFC East
04-13-2018, 10:46 AM

He's having a good season

World's End Stella
04-13-2018, 11:12 AM
He's having a good season

The Ramsey argument bores me, as far as I'm concerned it was won years ago and performances - and as importantly in Ramsey's case - attitudes like we saw in the Liverpool game only confirm it.

I can't remember the last time he performed well against a top club in an important game. Until I see that happen I'm afraid I won't be able to consider it a 'good' season for the Welsher.