PDA

View Full Version : Michael Oliver.....

Tony C
04-11-2018, 08:40 PM
What a drama queen

7sisters
04-11-2018, 09:02 PM
What a drama queen

Probably wise not to reserve a table at his trattoria of choice for a while..

World's End Stella
04-12-2018, 07:44 AM
What a drama queen

It was a pen :shrug:

Sir C
04-12-2018, 08:05 AM
What a drama queen

Buffon, admirable chap as he generally appears, seems to be suggesting that the penalty shouldn't have been awarded because Juve had played really well.

Silly old Gigi.

Tony C
04-12-2018, 08:17 AM
It was more his complete failure to handle the situation afterwards and instantly carding Buffon even though there was no way he could’ve known who pushed him.

The look on his face throughout screamed drama queen.

World's End Stella
04-12-2018, 08:17 AM
Buffon, admirable chap as he generally appears, seems to be suggesting that the penalty shouldn't have been awarded because Juve had played really well.

Silly old Gigi.

And because Juve had not been awarded a pen for a similar situation in the first leg which had been refereed by a different referee. Yet apparently Michael Oliver was meant to know this and have allowed it to impact his decision. :hehe:

Let's hope Luigi will realize what a knob he's been once his Italian blood has slowed to a mild simmer.

World's End Stella
04-12-2018, 08:19 AM
It was more his complete failure to handle the situation afterwards and instantly carding Buffon even though there was no way he could’ve known who pushed him.

The look on his face throughout screamed drama queen.

Eh? It was clear to him and everyone else that it was Buffon who had bumped into him several times and screamed in his face like a maniac. Not sure what else Oliver could have done, I thought he was remarkably composed.

And I thought he had a very good game. Well done, Michael.

Rich
04-12-2018, 08:21 AM

Silly old Gigi.

I was really rather hoping for extra time and so I was most disappointed when he gave it.

SWv2
04-12-2018, 10:20 AM
It was a pen :shrug:

A factual fact that a lot of people appear to be overlooking.

:nod:

Viva Prat Vegas
04-12-2018, 11:14 AM
I was so very much hoping that Szczęsny would save the penalty
:-(

SWv2
04-12-2018, 11:24 AM
I was so very much hoping that Szczęsny would save the penalty
:-(

A scenario which would have pleased most parties though I have to say one which I never for a second thought would happen.

Can’t recall him ever saving one.

LA will be along any second now to remind me of some nondescript away midweek cup game where indeed he did palm one to safety.

Sir C
04-12-2018, 11:28 AM
A scenario which would have pleased most parties though I have to say one which I never for a second thought would happen.

LA will be along any second now to remind me of some nondescript away midweek cup game where indeed he did palm one to safety.

He did once, didn’t he? Famously wound the striker up telling him he’d shagged his daughter or something.

Burney
04-12-2018, 11:29 AM
He did once, didn’t he? Famously wound the striker up telling him he’d shagged his daughter or something.

I wonder if he's vaping these days?

Viva Prat Vegas
04-12-2018, 11:30 AM
I did for a split second imagine Cech coming on as the sub Goalkeeper and the feeling of hopelessness that would have generated

Also (in moment of sheer Richishness) I thought Ronaldo looked nervous and might not put it away

Viva Prat Vegas
04-12-2018, 11:32 AM
Sir C. "He did once, didn’t he? Famously wound the striker up telling him he’d shagged his daughter or something."

You might be thinking of Ray Clemence before Tom O'Connor took one in a Charity Match

SWv2
04-12-2018, 11:32 AM

Given the reasonable chance that the opposition player was in his 20s would that not be a little, now how do I put this, wrong?

SWv2
04-12-2018, 11:34 AM
I wonder if he's vaping these days?

I find him near impossible to like in any way but I do think he may be a footballer who we the Arsenal family will view in years to come as one that got away.

Sir C
04-12-2018, 11:36 AM
I find him near impossible to like in any way but I do think he may be a footballer who we the Arsenal family will view in years to come as one that got away.

I’m not the judgemental type, sw. Each to his own.

SWv2
04-12-2018, 11:42 AM
I’m not the judgemental type, sw. Each to his own.

I heard Liam Brady talk about him on night on RTE, quite passionate he was now but not in dodgy way (Liam Brady after all). He was integral and the driving force in our signing him and he was of the firm view that he was an absolutely outstanding talent and would become a world class goalkeeper but that increasingly off-field distractions were beginning to become a major issue in his development.

The only other time LB got so involved is when I thought he was going to unplug his microphone and walk out as the studio panel tore into AW after one of “those” European nights.

Luis Anaconda
04-12-2018, 11:43 AM

Udinese in the Champions League qualifier - quite a good save as well I recall from Di Natale. Also a fantastic save from Kuyt at Anfield

Viva Prat Vegas
04-12-2018, 11:45 AM
Double penalty save from Kuyt at Anfield

Luis Anaconda
04-12-2018, 11:48 AM
Double penalty save from Kuyt at Anfield

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq3TqqkJIHU

Cracking saves as well - though he did give the penalty away

SWv2
04-12-2018, 11:56 AM
Udinese in the Champions League qualifier - quite a good save as well I recall from Di Natale. Also a fantastic save from Kuyt at Anfield

Absolute pervért.

Luis Anaconda
04-12-2018, 12:05 PM
Absolute pervért.

Not like my capacity for Arsenal keepers saving penalties has been tested recently

SWv2
04-12-2018, 01:03 PM
Not like my capacity for Arsenal keepers saving penalties has been tested recently

I expect your German media is getting excited about the prospect of it being Munchen's year?

World's End Stella
04-12-2018, 01:06 PM
I expect your German media is getting excited about the prospect of it being Munchen's year?

What does LB think of AR, SW?

Serious question.

SWv2
04-12-2018, 01:20 PM
What does LB think of AR, SW?

Serious question.

No idea tbh.

He is very honest I think as a pundit, not afraid to really criticise a player or a team or a system but that is the way on RTE, they have a freedom which I don’t think is shared in the UK. When he was on a panel and we were playing he certainly wore his heart on his sleeve but wouldn’t be blinkered either.

He was quite disappoint last night about Juventus, would only express disappointment for GB while others where less forgiving.

Thing is, and with respect to your question on AR, I am quite sure he fully recognises that as professional footballers at a club like ours they are all massively talented. I suspect the current brouhaha building up around Ramsey and our desperate need to ensure he signs up is quite concerning for you.

World's End Stella
04-12-2018, 01:32 PM
No idea tbh.

He is very honest I think as a pundit, not afraid to really criticise a player or a team or a system but that is the way on RTE, they have a freedom which I don’t think is shared in the UK. When he was on a panel and we were playing he certainly wore his heart on his sleeve but wouldn’t be blinkered either.

He was quite disappoint last night about Juventus, would only express disappointment for GB while others where less forgiving.

Thing is, and with respect to your question on AR, I am quite sure he fully recognises that as professional footballers at a club like ours they are all massively talented. I suspect the current brouhaha building up around Ramsey and our desperate need to ensure he signs up is quite concerning for you.

Yes, absolutely. I lay awake at night terrified that he'll sign an extension. :-(

Luis Anaconda
04-12-2018, 01:32 PM

Quite lowkey at the moment - failure to reach the final will be seen as a disaster though. The Jupp double treble is well and truly on