PDA

View Full Version : Shall I sign up for some sort of Sky/Virgin/Etc package

Pat Vegas
04-10-2018, 10:02 AM
they all seem horrendously overpriced imo.

But I was thinking to get new broadband when I move so a package with tele included is attractive.

BT seems good for BT sport but their other chnanels are lame.

Virgin I wasn't impressed with either.

Tony C
04-10-2018, 10:06 AM
All free if you know the write sights innit

Sir C
04-10-2018, 10:06 AM

But I was thinking to get new broadband when I move so a package with tele included is attractive.

Aren't young people supposed to just have wossname, netflix? You don't watch satellite TV any more, do you?

I'm confused about how it all works, I confess.

Billy Goat Sverige
04-10-2018, 10:15 AM

Waste of money imo. I rarely watch anything on TV these days. If there's something on i want to watch i usually use catchup services and watch it when i want. For sport i still stream it using Acestream.

PSRB
04-10-2018, 10:17 AM

Riing up all 3 and ask for the best full package including broadband and then play one off against the other until you get the deal you want.

I have of course not done this and currently pay £92 for full Sky Q and £110 for BT Broadband (incl BT Sports HD & Mobile phone) :yikes:

Pat Vegas
04-10-2018, 10:25 AM
Aren't young people supposed to just have wossname, netflix? You don't watch satellite TV any more, do you?

I'm confused about how it all works, I confess.

I find Netflix very boring.
I mainly watch youtube for the likes of the Crazy Russian hacker.

Pat Vegas
04-10-2018, 10:25 AM
Waste of money imo. I rarely watch anything on TV these days. If there's something on i want to watch i usually use catchup services and watch it when i want. For sport i still stream it using Acestream.

My provider has blocked my IPTV box :furious: not bad though it lasted a good year and a half.

Sir C
04-10-2018, 10:28 AM
I find Netflix very boring.
I mainly watch youtube for the likes of the Crazy Russian hacker.

"Welcome to my laboratory, where safety is number one priority!"

I like Hugo the husky best.

Tony C
04-10-2018, 10:29 AM
Taras is a good egg imo

Sir C
04-10-2018, 10:30 AM
Taras is a good egg imo

Katherine's nice too, but people don't like her voice. :-(

SWv2
04-10-2018, 10:37 AM
Riing up all 3 and ask for the best full package including broadband and then play one off against the other until you get the deal you want.

I have of course not done this and currently pay £92 for full Sky Q and £110 for BT Broadband (incl BT Sports HD & Mobile phone) :yikes:

This ploy is all simply anecdotal hearsay and never actually works. It is the classic “I have a mate who …… “.

I called them a while back and said I was leaving because of costs. He tried to sell me a full price upgrade to Sky Q and then finished off with asking me to confirm a date of cancellation.

:-\

You may be offered a small reduction in set-up costs however after a period of a few months the prices all go up.

Pat Vegas
04-10-2018, 10:41 AM
"Welcome to my laboratory, where safety is number one priority!"

I like Hugo the husky best.

I will buy some of that Flex seal tape.

And I like the word Gadgics

Sir C
04-10-2018, 10:46 AM
I will buy some of that Flex seal tape.

And I like the word Gadgics

"This is one of the most unique prrraducks on Amazon."

"You just grrrrab it and put a bunch of of stuff in there."

The man is a genius.

PSRB
04-10-2018, 10:50 AM
This ploy is all simply anecdotal hearsay and never actually works. It is the classic “I have a mate who …… “.

I called them a while back and said I was leaving because of costs. He tried to sell me a full price upgrade to Sky Q and then finished off with asking me to confirm a date of cancellation.

:-\

You may be offered a small reduction in set-up costs however after a period of a few months the prices all go up.

A lot easier if you're a new customer with no affiliation, most of these sales people will be targeted on getting new sign ups rather than on retention.

SWv2
04-10-2018, 10:55 AM
A lot easier if you're a new customer with no affiliation, most of these sales people will be targeted on getting new sign ups rather than on retention.

I concur, should be illegal really.

One of the banks here announced a cut in interest rates yesterday so loads of people went Huzzah! and then it became clear that exisiting customers could fúck off.

PSRB
04-10-2018, 10:57 AM
I concur, should be illegal really.

One of the banks here announced a cut in interest rates yesterday so loads of people went Huzzah! and then it became clear that exisiting customers could fúck off.

:nod: If it's available to new customers, it should also be available to existing, especially if you're out of contract.