PDA

View Full Version : How full of drugs must Flo Jo have been back in 1988?

PSRB
04-09-2018, 11:57 AM
A full 30 years that 100m World record has stood, no one has got remotely close to breaking it!

AFC East
04-09-2018, 12:10 PM
A full 30 years that 100m World record has stood, no one has got remotely close to breaking it!

Very unfair, someone that full of drugs wouldn't be so healthy in her dotage.

7sisters
04-09-2018, 12:20 PM
Very unfair, someone that full of drugs wouldn't be so healthy in her dotage.

That has to be bollix, otherwise Schwarzenegger would have carked years ago.
I recall Flo Jo used to squat 400lbs as part of her routine and their can't be too many girlies able to do that and get under 10.5 seconds

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-09-2018, 03:02 PM
I recall Flo Jo used to squat 400lbs as part of her routine and their can't be too many girlies able to do that and get under 10.5 seconds

What is that....180Kg?

AFC East
04-09-2018, 03:07 PM

It's not really that simple is it? We also don't know what particular range of cocktails she used? As PSRB said, her record is farcical.

World's End Stella
04-10-2018, 09:31 AM
It's not really that simple is it? We also don't know what particular range of cocktails she used? As PSRB said, her record is farcical.

It's a 2.5% reduction in time from the previous world record, quite remarkable.

Mind you, if you only look at times for athletes who have not been found guilty of doping, Usain Bolt's record time is a 2.2% reduction which you could argue is even more *remarkable*.

SWv2
04-10-2018, 10:47 AM

Weren't we all full of drugs back in 1988, warehouse parties etc.

PSRB
04-10-2018, 10:52 AM

I wasn't trying to run world record times in the Olympics. On certain occasions that would have been amusing to try

IUFG
04-10-2018, 10:54 AM

https://m.popkey.co/8a6258/7glzk.gif

PSRB
04-10-2018, 10:56 AM
https://m.popkey.co/8a6258/7glzk.gif

Pokster's aged well

eastgermanautos
04-10-2018, 12:27 PM

If everyone was doing it, then one person still stands above the rest. This may be an unfashionable opinion, but I'm committed to it. Yes, Barry Bonds was far and away the best player of his era. And yes, prior eras did stuff to get an edge, such as speed. Mike Schmidt on the Phillies, yadda yadda. I'm sure there's a lot of crap current athletes do to gain an edge, even when it's not detectable drugs. We will gain an understanding of it after the fact.

AFC East
04-10-2018, 01:01 PM
It's a 2.5% reduction in time from the previous world record, quite remarkable.

Mind you, if you only look at times for athletes who have not been found guilty of doping, Usain Bolt's record time is a 2.2% reduction which you could argue is even more *remarkable*.

Bolt is a bit of a physical freak though.

AFC East
04-10-2018, 01:03 PM
If everyone was doing it, then one person still stands above the rest. This may be an unfashionable opinion, but I'm committed to it. Yes, Barry Bonds was far and away the best player of his era. And yes, prior eras did stuff to get an edge, such as speed. Mike Schmidt on the Phillies, yadda yadda. I'm sure there's a lot of crap current athletes do to gain an edge, even when it's not detectable drugs. We will gain an understanding of it after the fact.

I take your point. I think in bb there were a lot of people doing it, I'm not convinced it was the same in athletics. There's also the consideration of how the enhancing drug affects the individual. Flo-Jo seems to have gotten a particular big boost.

eastgermanautos
04-10-2018, 01:08 PM
I take your point. I think in bb there were a lot of people doing it, I'm not convinced it was the same in athletics. There's also the consideration of how the enhancing drug affects the individual. Flo-Jo seems to have gotten a particular big boost.

What I want to know, who are all these white b!tches in Seoul in 1988.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqRN_8Scq1s

Pretty fast though, I suppose.

AFC East
04-10-2018, 01:32 PM

Her stamina is insane, everyone slows down in the second half of the 100m. Not her.

PSRB
04-10-2018, 02:10 PM

Of course not as such as say, Caster Semenya....

World's End Stella
04-10-2018, 03:01 PM

He was once he hit the juice. Prior to that he was a tall, skinny 400m runner - largely because of his height.

Chief Arrowhead
04-10-2018, 04:19 PM

A 23 minute video for a 10 second race? C'mon man!