PDA

View Full Version : If Elneny got sent off

Pat Vegas
04-09-2018, 09:59 AM
why didn't the other fella get sent off a few minutes later when he did the same thing to someone.

I don't learn their names. Why do all these teams have players with the same haircut and beards.

Burney
04-09-2018, 10:04 AM
why didn't the other fella get sent off a few minutes later when he did the same thing to someone.

I don't learn their names. Why do all these teams have players with the same haircut and beards.

I did wonder the same thing, but we all know the answer. He'd sent off the Southampton fella, but not Wilshere, so was clearly looking to 'even things up' if any Arsenal player did anything remotely silly. Elneny duly obliged and off he went as a result. It was spineless refereeing.

PSRB
04-09-2018, 10:07 AM
I did wonder the same thing, but we all know the answer. He'd sent off the Southampton fella, but not Wilshere, so was clearly looking to 'even things up' if any Arsenal player did anything remotely silly. Elneny duly obliged and off he went as a result. It was spineless refereeing.

and very stupid from Elneny

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
04-09-2018, 10:11 AM

:nod: softest 3 match ban you'll ever see :-(

Sir C
04-09-2018, 10:25 AM

I did enjoy the way Kolasinac piled straight in to get the bloke off Jack. wd Bosnian maniac.

Pat Vegas
04-09-2018, 10:26 AM
I did enjoy the way Kolasinac piled straight in to get the bloke off Jack. wd Bosnian maniac.

:cloud9: we will call him the Bosniac.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
04-09-2018, 10:28 AM

:nod: mind you if thon saint had gone down, Kola would have seen :redcard: too imo.

https://twitter.com/ArsenalTerje/status/982998941615689728

Burney
04-09-2018, 10:32 AM

Yes. One does wonder how chaps who play the game professionally can't see these things when they're obvious to the know-nothingest cvnt like me watching it on the telly. Heat of the moment and all that, I suppose.

Rich
04-09-2018, 10:34 AM
Yes. One does wonder how chaps who play the game professionally can't see these things when they're obvious to the know-nothingest cvnt like me watching it on the telly. Heat of the moment and all that, I suppose.

Is there a chance that we might still get top 4? I've not looked at the table in a long time so have no idea.

If there is then this could have been a vital 3 points.

Burney
04-09-2018, 10:41 AM
Is there a chance that we might still get top 4? I've not looked at the table in a long time so have no idea.

If there is then this could have been a vital 3 points.

Other than the theoretical, no.

But fear not. We shall storm to victory in the Fairs Cup and all shall be well.

PSRB
04-09-2018, 11:18 AM
Other than the theoretical, no.

But fear not. We shall storm to victory in the Fairs Cup and all shall be well.

Well, it will be very amusing if that were to happen and spurs were to finish 4th........

PSRB
04-09-2018, 11:24 AM
:nod: mind you if thon saint had gone down, Kola would have seen :redcard: too imo.

https://twitter.com/ArsenalTerje/status/982998941615689728

Tadic should have gone in the 1st 5 minutes for that shocker on Reiss Nelson. Ref was very ****e

Sir C
04-09-2018, 11:25 AM
Tadic should have gone in the 1st 5 minutes for that shocker on Reiss Nelson. Ref was very ****e

I wonder if that's what reduced Reiss Nelson to spectating on the rest of the game.

Burney
04-09-2018, 11:26 AM
Well, it will be very amusing if that were to happen and spurs were to finish 4th........

Yes. That would instantly transform what has been a fairly bloody awful season into a hilarious one. :hehe:

It won't happen, however. Spurs are probably going to finish third and in order to win the Europa we'd actualyl have to beat a decent side. :-(

Rich
04-09-2018, 11:27 AM

Two questions, if I may:

1. Is the Fairs Cup the UEFA Cup? I ask because it doesn't sound very European.

2. If the answer to 1 is 'yes' and Spurs were to finish 4th, would we not simply have 5 teams in the Champions League next season?

Rich
04-09-2018, 11:29 AM
Yes. That would instantly transform what has been a fairly bloody awful season into a hilarious one. :hehe:

It won't happen, however. Spurs are probably going to finish third and in order to win the Europa we'd actualyl have to beat a decent side. :-(

To be fair, this season has been hilarious at times. I've gone beyond being upset about it.

PSRB
04-09-2018, 11:36 AM
I wonder if that's what reduced Reiss Nelson to spectating on the rest of the game.

To quote Big Ron, "he's put a reducer in there". Definitely went to do him

PSRB
04-09-2018, 11:38 AM
Two questions, if I may:

1. Is the Fairs Cup the UEFA Cup? I ask because it doesn't sound very European.

2. If the answer to 1 is 'yes' and Spurs were to finish 4th, would we not simply have 5 teams in the Champions League next season?

1. Yes
2. No, not any more. The team finishing 4th would be replaced by the EL winner

Luis Anaconda
04-09-2018, 11:42 AM
1. Yes
2. No, not any more. The team finishing 4th would be replaced by the EL winner

:nono: Only way fourth will miss out will be if Liverpool win the European Cup and finish outside the top four and we do likewise in the Europa

PSRB
04-09-2018, 11:44 AM
:nono: Only way fourth will miss out will be if Liverpool win the European Cup and finish outside the top four and we do likewise in the Europa

Are you sure?

Luis Anaconda
04-09-2018, 11:46 AM
Are you sure?

Yep - maximum of five teams allowed from one country still allowed

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2499801.html#/

Rich
04-09-2018, 11:51 AM
Are you sure?

Know nothing **** imo.

;-)

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-09-2018, 02:59 PM

He'd had a really solid game up until that point

PSRB
04-09-2018, 03:13 PM
He'd had a really solid game up until that point

Thing is, as long as we're in the EL he was pretty much a cert to start in the league. Doubly stupid of him

PSRB
04-09-2018, 03:14 PM
Know nothing **** imo.

;-)

It would appear so