PDA

View Full Version : If everyone could stop talking about the fvcking golf, it would be much appreciated

Burney
04-09-2018, 07:58 AM
Golf. Various poorly-dressed, largely indistinguishable Americans competing to see who can hit a ball about in the least interesting fashion while crowds whoop for no discernible reason until it finally stops.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
04-09-2018, 08:06 AM
Golf. Various poorly-dressed, largely indistinguishable Americans competing to see who can hit a ball about in the least interesting fashion while crowds whoop for no discernible reason until it finally stops.

GET IN THE HOLE!!!!

As your mum often says.

Sir C
04-09-2018, 08:06 AM

May we moan about the weather? It's supposed to be springtime. It's just fúcking depresssing.

Burney
04-09-2018, 08:12 AM
May we moan about the weather? It's supposed to be springtime. It's just fúcking depresssing.

Absolutely. Saturday offered false hope, only for us to wake up the last two mornings in what appears to be a nationwide cloud. The M25 was a particular joy this morning, with visibility of about 30ft in places.

Sir C
04-09-2018, 08:15 AM
Absolutely. Saturday offered false hope, only for us to wake up the last two mornings in what appears to be a nationwide cloud. The M25 was a particular joy this morning, with visibility of about 30ft in places.

My barbecue is still in winter storage. It's mid-April, for all love! I should be smoking butts by now.

Luis Anaconda
04-09-2018, 08:15 AM

Sunny and 22 degrees - Biergarten weather. What's to moan about?

Burney
04-09-2018, 08:19 AM
My barbecue is still in winter storage. It's mid-April, for all love! I should be smoking butts by now.

In a burst of optimism, I took the cover off the patio furniture on Saturday. This clearly just angered the weather gods.

Sir C
04-09-2018, 08:22 AM
In a burst of optimism, I took the cover off the patio furniture on Saturday. This clearly just angered the weather gods.

I'm off to Cumbria in two weeks. I'm fully expecting long, balmy early-summer days, striding through meadows amongst gambolling lambs and busy, buzzing bees. :cloud9:

Pat Vegas
04-09-2018, 08:24 AM

I had nothing to watch and saw 'Masters' on the listing of one of the Sky sports channels and got semi interested for a second.

and then I saw Golf.

I was hoping for out of shape ex professional footballers playing indoor football :-(

Burney
04-09-2018, 08:29 AM
I'm off to Cumbria in two weeks. I'm fully expecting long, balmy early-summer days, striding through meadows amongst gambolling lambs and busy, buzzing bees. :cloud9:

I recommend not looking at this week's forecast if you wish to retain your optimism on this score. :-(

craiqwebb
01-13-2019, 06:19 PM
Golf. Various poorly-dressed, largely indistinguishable Americans competing to see who can hit a ball (https://bestgolfballs.info/) about in the least interesting fashion while crowds whoop for no discernible reason until it finally stops.

To be honest, the talks about the ****ing golf is more boring than the actual game :p