PDA

View Full Version : I pretty much heart Aubameyang. That first goal, it was that little quicksilver burst

eastgermanautos
04-08-2018, 07:56 PM
of speed which got him there. Gives people confidence, including the likes of Welbeck.

Carry on, PEA!

Sir C
04-09-2018, 08:16 AM
of speed which got him there. Gives people confidence, including the likes of Welbeck.

Carry on, PEA!

He is one of those proper finishers who will get you 10 goals a season fashioned from nothing. We haven't had a finisher like him since Henry.

PSRB
04-09-2018, 09:27 AM
He is one of those proper finishers who will get you 10 goals a season fashioned from nothing. We haven't had a finisher like him since Henry.

Definitely going to have a punt on him for top scorer next season.

Sir C
04-09-2018, 09:34 AM
Definitely going to have a punt on him for top scorer next season.

Next season p? What can we know of next season? We don't know who our manager will be, we don't know who our players will be, we don't know how shít we'll be. :-(

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
04-09-2018, 10:03 AM
Next season p? What can we know of next season? We don't know who our manager will be, Arsene Wenger we don't know who our players will be, as you were minus Jack, plus some African mf who was ok at the WC, cheap and available we don't know how shít we'll be the usual, out of the PL title race by Nov doing ok in the cups/Europa. :-(

:hehe: :wave: :-|

Sir C
04-09-2018, 10:25 AM
:hehe: :wave: :-|

Is it being so cheerful that keeps you young, 71?

04-09-2018, 10:30 AM
Is it being so cheerful that keeps you young, 71?

I want to see The Arsenal win the league again before I die, C. Is that too much to ask :cry: :-(

Sir C
04-09-2018, 11:13 AM
I want to see The Arsenal win the league again before I die, C. Is that too much to ask :cry: :-(

I never imagined I’d be lucky enough to see us win the league, 71. I’ve ended up seeing it happen 5 times.

I think we’ve been bloody lucky.

04-09-2018, 11:18 AM
I never imagined I’d be lucky enough to see us win the league, 71. I’ve ended up seeing it happen 5 times.

I think we’ve been bloody lucky.

5? Who did you support in 1971?

Sir C
04-09-2018, 11:24 AM
5? Who did you support in 1971?

I was 6 years old. My first Arsenal memory is the 71 cup final :shrug:

04-09-2018, 12:13 PM
I was 6 years old. My first Arsenal memory is the 71 cup final :shrug:

Mine is winning the Fairs Cup...and 48 years later we're gonna do it again :cloud9:

7sisters
04-09-2018, 12:26 PM
Mine is winning the Fairs Cup...and 48 years later we're gonna do it again :cloud9:

Mine was watching City best Lester in the FA Cup. My Grandad was the first to acquire a colour tele and the family all piled round for the occasion. Colour Tele eh ? :old:

04-09-2018, 12:39 PM
Mine was watching City best Lester in the FA Cup. My Grandad was the first to acquire a colour tele and the family all piled round for the occasion. Colour Tele eh ? :old:

Colour tv in 1969? Posh bâstard :-)

SWv2
04-09-2018, 12:44 PM

I think with the likes of him, Mikhytarian, Lacazette, Ozil, Ramsey there is a reason for optimism for next season if we address other areas in the summer.

Fear is the end of season burgeoning optimism for the next campaign has been a factor of being an Arsenal supporter for years.

And then the new season starts.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-09-2018, 12:47 PM
Next season p? What can we know of next season? We don't know who our manager will be, we don't know who our players will be, we don't know how shít we'll be. :-(

Oh I can tell you precisely who our manager will be c. It will be one Monsieur Arsene Wenger and will continue to be so for at least another five seasons assuming the vacillating old tit doesn't fall off his perch first.

Sir C
04-09-2018, 12:52 PM
Oh I can tell you precisely who our manager will be c. It will be one Monsieur Arsene Wenger and will continue to be so for at least another five seasons assuming the vacillating old tit doesn't fall off his perch first.

Huzzah! Three cheers for M. Wenger! Hip hip!

Sir C
04-09-2018, 12:53 PM
I think with the likes of him, Mikhytarian, Lacazette, Ozil, Ramsey there is a reason for optimism for next season if we address other areas in the summer.

Fear is the end of season burgeoning optimism for the next campaign has been a factor of being an Arsenal supporter for years.

And then the new season starts.

I'm not particularly impressed by Lacazette and Mkhytarian. Ozi8l is a fine footballer but not the kind to carry a team. Ramsey's going to fúck off somewhere he's appreciated.

In short, they don't convince me.

SWv2
04-09-2018, 01:06 PM
I'm not particularly impressed by Lacazette and Mkhytarian. Ozi8l is a fine footballer but not the kind to carry a team. Ramsey's going to fúck off somewhere he's appreciated.

Marvellous footballers one and all.

You need to get on the positive bus my friend.

Sir C
04-09-2018, 01:14 PM
Marvellous footballers one and all.

You need to get on the positive bus my friend.

I'll tell you who is impressing me these days, sw. Granit Xhaka. Our geographically confused left-footer really is quite the player. Our very own Xavi Alonso, you might say. Tick tock tick tock tick tock.

Peter
04-09-2018, 01:22 PM
I'll tell you who is impressing me these days, sw. Granit Xhaka. Our geographically confused left-footer really is quite the player. Our very own Xavi Alonso, you might say. Tick tock tick tock tick tock.

We just need a new manager.

Sir C
04-09-2018, 01:27 PM

Peter. Enough with this nonsense now.

PSRB
04-09-2018, 01:29 PM

:nod: Vastly improved over the last 6 or so matches

Rich
04-09-2018, 01:33 PM

Have you considered actually getting behind Him? Sure, we had a little blip this season but He's now showing what a fine manager He is.

It would do you well to learn some respect, tbh.

Peter
04-09-2018, 01:39 PM
Peter. Enough with this nonsense now.

He has to go, Sir C. He simply must....

Peter
04-09-2018, 01:41 PM
Have you considered actually getting behind Him? Sure, we had a little blip this season but He's now showing what a fine manager He is.

It would do you well to learn some respect, tbh.

A little blip this season :hehe:

Sir C
04-09-2018, 01:49 PM
He has to go, Sir C. He simply must....

Whether he should go is quite another matter, p. Saying such things in public is disrespectful, disloyal and unbecoming of a gentleman.

Anyone might be reading this. Anyone.

Peter
04-09-2018, 02:16 PM
Whether he should go is quite another matter, p. Saying such things in public is disrespectful, disloyal and unbecoming of a gentleman.

Anyone might be reading this. Anyone.

What fresh nonsense is this?

Sir C
04-09-2018, 02:46 PM
What fresh nonsense is this?

Do we have no dignity, p? Should we air our dirty laundry in public?

By all means, have the conversation, but I urge you to maintain discretion. Things may be discussed among trusted friends, quietly, in safe environments, when you can be sure no strangers are listening.

A little self respect is all I ask.

AFC East
04-09-2018, 03:14 PM

Who was the last Arsenal player who could carry a team?

PSRB
04-09-2018, 03:15 PM

Henry, possibly Cesc????

AFC East
04-09-2018, 03:25 PM
Henry, possibly Cesc????

Hmm, Henry at a push, but we were never really the same post-Vieira.

I don't think we won anything with Cesc leading the team. He singularly couldn't carry the team. Decent player all the same of course.

Peter
04-09-2018, 03:26 PM
Do we have no dignity, p? Should we air our dirty laundry in public?

By all means, have the conversation, but I urge you to maintain discretion. Things may be discussed among trusted friends, quietly, in safe environments, when you can be sure no strangers are listening.

A little self respect is all I ask.

There wasnt a great deal of dignity in the defending for the first goal yesterday. Most undignified......

We have been silenced for too long. Like Brexit....

Pat Vegas
04-09-2018, 03:36 PM

Sanchez for a while.