PDA

View Full Version : Most overrated band of all time?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-06-2018, 12:17 PM
Easy. Lynyrd Skynyrd. Slightly better than average pub band - very silly name

Most overrated song of all time? Freebird.

Pokster
04-06-2018, 12:22 PM

Led Zep? Pink Floyd?

Most overated modern band imo Foo Fighters

barrybueno
04-06-2018, 12:25 PM
Led Zep? Pink Floyd?

Style Council

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
04-06-2018, 12:27 PM
Style Council

:hehe: wd bb.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-06-2018, 12:30 PM
PINK FÚCKING FLOYD!!!!!

You witless, soulless, brainless, dickless piece of dog excrement.

Actually you may have a point. Though I have never to this day been so singularly transfixed by an album as I was by Dark Side, I think we may have all been a little carried away. I was only fourteen though.

Pokster
04-06-2018, 12:36 PM
PINK FÚCKING FLOYD!!!!!

You witless, soulless, brainless, dickless piece of dog excrement.

Actually you may have a point. Though I have never to this day been so singularly transfixed by an album as I was by Dark Side, I think we may have all been a little carried away. I was only fourteen though.

:shrug: I just don't get them, find them mind numbingly boring to listen to

barrybueno
04-06-2018, 12:38 PM
:hehe: wd bb.

I'm going to get duffed up aren't I? :hehe:

04-06-2018, 12:40 PM

Ye and me both it would seem. Can you run fast?

Sir C
04-06-2018, 12:43 PM

The Stones, clearly. :shrug:

You can push your lack of respect for Ronnie right up your hole, h. Ronnie is a better person, dead, than your mum.

Sir C
04-06-2018, 12:44 PM
Led Zep? Pink Floyd?

Led Zep's not a bad call, actually. For all that they were great, (and they were) the level of worship bestowed upon them was, and is, just silly.

Luis Anaconda
04-06-2018, 01:12 PM
Ye and me both it would seem. Can you run fast?

He doesn't need to run fast - just run faster than you :)

SWv2
04-06-2018, 01:14 PM

I am not a violent man, but I do hope Palace go down.

Burney
04-06-2018, 01:16 PM

The Who. For all the hype and undoubted talent, they barely made enough good songs to fill a half-decent Greatest Hits album.

Sir C
04-06-2018, 01:19 PM
The Who. For all the hype and undoubted talent, they barely made enough good songs to fill a half-decent Greatest Hits album.

Ah, but you're dismissing Pete's Rock Opera offerings which, although bloated pretentious shíte to the likes of us, are considered rocktastic by NME-writing types.

Burney
04-06-2018, 01:21 PM
Ah, but you're dismissing Pete's Rock Opera offerings which, although bloated pretentious shíte to the likes of us, are considered rocktastic by NME-writing types.

But they're not. They're complete w@nk. :shrug:

I mean a musical about a deafoid, blindoid dummy who turns out to be great at pinball? What the actual fvck? Fvck off, bignose imo.

barrybueno
04-06-2018, 01:23 PM
He doesn't need to run fast - just run faster than you :)

:hehe: My gout foot means 71 is safe I think.

Sir C
04-06-2018, 01:25 PM

I mean a musical about a deafoid, blindoid dummy who turns out to be great at pinball? What the actual fvck? Fvck off, bignose imo.

It's apoparent to me that you're no Tony Parsons, tbh.

Burney
04-06-2018, 01:27 PM
It's apoparent to me that you're no Tony Parsons, tbh.

Any man who willingly has it off with Julie Burchill is not to be trusted in questions of judgement imo.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-06-2018, 01:35 PM
Any man who willingly has it off with Julie Burchill is not to be trusted in questions of judgement imo.

She did have the most fabulously pendulous, big lovely bouncy great big titty balloonies though b.

Burney
04-06-2018, 01:40 PM
She did have the most fabulously pendulous, big lovely bouncy great big titty balloonies though b.

But the squeaky little-girl Bristolian voice, h! Any lengthy exposure to it would make me want to saw my cock off with a butter knife. :-(

Sir C
04-06-2018, 01:43 PM
But the squeaky little-girl Bristolian voice, h! Any lengthy exposure to it would make me want to saw my cock off with a butter knife. :-(

Also, just as a by the by, she's a bit mental. And she drinks excessively.

Burney
04-06-2018, 01:45 PM
Also, just as a by the by, she's a bit mental. And she drinks excessively.

Last time I read something by her, she seemed to be claiming to be Jewish despite not being in any way Jewish.

I didn't know about the drinking.

Peter
04-06-2018, 01:47 PM

Yeah, Tommy is ****ing ****e. Quadrophenia, on the other hand, is superb.

SWv2
04-06-2018, 01:48 PM
Queen.

****ers.

Peter
04-06-2018, 01:49 PM
Led Zep's not a bad call, actually. For all that they were great, (and they were) the level of worship bestowed upon them was, and is, just silly.

Its a fair point, whilst also being rather unfair on the band. I mean, its your job to be great and hardly your fault if ****s go overboard about it.

One could level a very similar accusation at U2. In fact, I just did.

Peter
04-06-2018, 01:49 PM
Queen.

****ers.

Queen are a bit ****e but they had Freddie.

Sir C
04-06-2018, 01:51 PM
Queen.

****ers.

The problem with Queen isn't that they're overrated, it's that they produced a catalogue of pure, unmitigated, hideous, steaming liquid shíte and were fronted by a filthy predatory pederast who delighted in fúcking underage boys, yet is worshipped as some sort of god.

I find it all very confusing.

Burney
04-06-2018, 01:52 PM
Yeah, Tommy is ****ing ****e. Quadrophenia, on the other hand, is superb.

Is it? I've watched the film many times, but can't remember a memorable song.

Sir C
04-06-2018, 01:53 PM
Its a fair point, whilst also being rather unfair on the band. I mean, its your job to be great and hardly your fault if ****s go overboard about it.

Oh certainly. But it's no reflection on a band to call them overrated. Overrating is the mistake made by others about the band, not the band's mistake.

SWv2

Because they are Irish?

Sir C

It's pompous, bloated nonsense.

Peter
04-06-2018, 01:54 PM

THe film is good but doesnt capture the music. You need the original album (NOT the soundtrack). A full double album, and its brilliant, thus disproving your rule :)

Sir C
04-06-2018, 01:54 PM
Last time I read something by her, she seemed to be claiming to be Jewish despite not being in any way Jewish.

I didn't know about the drinking.

Last I heard she was claiming to be content with her alcoholism.

But then, aren't we all? :-(

SWv2
04-06-2018, 01:55 PM

The movie has a different soundtrack to the original Who record.

Still, 5:15 and Love Reign ....

Peter
04-06-2018, 01:56 PM
Because they are Irish?

To misquote the Pogues, 'for being Irish in the right place and at the right time'.....

I think U2 are ok, at times pretty good. I genuinely dont get the adoration at all. Same with the Foo Fighters- they sound like a house band in your local boozer.

Burney
04-06-2018, 01:56 PM
The problem with Queen isn't that they're overrated, it's that they produced a catalogue of pure, unmitigated, hideous, steaming liquid shíte and were fronted by a filthy predatory pederast who delighted in fúcking underage boys, yet is worshipped as some sort of god.

I find it all very confusing.

Stephen Maturin was very forgiving of pederasty as I recall.

Peter
04-06-2018, 01:58 PM
Oh certainly. But it's no reflection on a band to call them overrated. Overrating is the mistake made by others about the band, not the band's mistake.

I agree. Of course, a lot of the criticism Zeppelin get stems from their army of pompous, tosspot fans who like to tell people that virtually no other music matters BECAUSE of Zeppelin.

This does lead some people to suggest that Zeppelin were ****e when in fact they were not. I even had a chap tell me that Jimmy Page couldn't play the guitar. I mean, come on......

Burney
04-06-2018, 01:59 PM
THe film is good but doesnt capture the music. You need the original album (NOT the soundtrack). A full double album, and its brilliant, thus disproving your rule :)

I'm afraid I will have to not take your word for it, p. I'm too old to go around listening to double albums by ponderous, bloated rock dinosaurs - or anyone else for that matter.

Peter
04-06-2018, 01:59 PM
The movie has a different soundtrack to the original Who record.

Still, 5:15 and Love Reign ....

Lots of lyrics regarding mod attire which I assume would interest you to some extent. I dont really understand it but I am sure it was all very exciting for the lads themselves.

Peter
04-06-2018, 02:00 PM
I'm afraid I will have to not take your word for it, p. I'm too old to go around listening to double albums by ponderous, bloated rock dinosaurs - or anyone else for that matter.

Would it help if I told you there was a song about rape?

I wasn't expecting to like it (and I dont much care for The Who) but it is really very good....

Sir C
04-06-2018, 02:00 PM
Stephen Maturin was very forgiving of pederasty as I recall.

I think Stephen had a certain sympathy for chaps who engaged in unnatural acts with other chaps; quite how he'd feel about Freddie preying on the desperate children who used to roller skate up and down the streets around his house wearing satin hotpants, I'm not so sure.

Yes, I witnessed these roller skaters. No, I did not skate. I didn't have the bum for it.

Burney
04-06-2018, 02:06 PM
I think Stephen had a certain sympathy for chaps who engaged in unnatural acts with other chaps; quite how he'd feel about Freddie preying on the desperate children who used to roller skate up and down the streets around his house wearing satin hotpants, I'm not so sure.

Yes, I witnessed these roller skaters. No, I did not skate. I didn't have the bum for it.

I'd say that if you roller skate up and down outside Freddie Mercury's house wearing satin hotpants you are pretty much asking to be preyed upon, tbf.

SWv2
04-06-2018, 02:08 PM
Lots of lyrics regarding mod attire which I assume would interest you to some extent. I dont really understand it but I am sure it was all very exciting for the lads themselves.

As a teenage Mod I was of course slightly obsessed with it and would not like to hazard a guess how many times we watched it.

The soundtrack is of course a fine album but should not be confused with the actual album.

I bought an excellent CD just a few weeks ago, Jazz on the Corner, a double compilation CD of tunes spanning genres. I would recommend it but I suspect you are too blinkered and narrow minded.

Burney
04-06-2018, 02:10 PM
As a teenage Mod I was of course slightly obsessed with it and would not like to hazard a guess how many times we watched it.

The soundtrack is of course a fine album but should not be confused with the actual album.

I bought an excellent CD just a few weeks ago, Jazz on the Corner, a double compilation CD of tunes spanning genres. I would recommend it but I suspect you are too blinkered and narrow minded.

Indeed, sw. I'm sure p is happy for you to be the only genre-spanner on AWIMB.

Sir C
04-06-2018, 02:10 PM
I'd say that if you roller skate up and down outside Freddie Mercury's house wearing satin hotpants you are pretty much asking to be preyed upon, tbf.

Kiddies, b. They were just kiddies.

Burney
04-06-2018, 02:11 PM
Would it help if I told you there was a song about rape?

I wasn't expecting to like it (and I dont much care for The Who) but it is really very good....

A song about rape? Is it pro or con?

Burney
04-06-2018, 02:12 PM
Kiddies, b. They were just kiddies.

How young would you say?

Sir C
04-06-2018, 02:15 PM
How young would you say?

Hmm, well it was 30-odd years ago, it was dark and I was disposed to hate La Mercury anyway, so my recollection would be, maybe 7 tops.

SWv2
04-06-2018, 02:16 PM
Hmm, well it was 30-odd years ago, it was dark and I was disposed to hate La Mercury anyway, so my recollection would be, maybe 7 tops.

30 years ago you would have been 23, not 7.

Burney
04-06-2018, 02:17 PM

Well that wouldn't be pederasty, that would be nonceing. There is a subtle, but important difference.

Why were 7 year-olds wearing satin hotpants?

Sir C
04-06-2018, 02:20 PM
Well that wouldn't be pederasty, that would be nonceing. There is a subtle, but important difference.

Why were 7 year-olds wearing satin hotpants?

Look mate, shovelling your engorged glans into the back passage of a child is wrong, whichever fancy name you want to give the activity.

Obviously they weren't actually 6 or 7, I made that bit up because that wánker was a wánker, but they were young. Too young. Certainly under 25.

Sir C
04-06-2018, 02:21 PM
30 years ago you would have been 23, not 7.

Yes, and I wasn't getting boned by Mercury.

Have you followed this thread at all?

Burney
04-06-2018, 02:23 PM
Look mate, shovelling your engorged glans into the back passage of a child is wrong, whichever fancy name you want to give the activity.

Obviously they weren't actually 6 or 7, I made that bit up because that wánker was a wánker, but they were young. Too young. Certainly under 25.

Well the Greeks used to pop it between the greased thighs of the Ganymede in question. Inter-crural intercourse was the thing. Anal was strictly verboten.

Peter
04-06-2018, 02:23 PM
A song about rape? Is it pro or con?

Boastful and celebratory in tone. One must make up ones own mind whether the listener is intended to fall down on the side of the narrator.....

Peter
04-06-2018, 02:25 PM

One then wonders why you would bring it up......purely to belittle me in a pleasant conversation?

I might now listen to it and like it, purely to spite you :)

Burney
04-06-2018, 02:27 PM
Boastful and celebratory in tone. One must make up ones own mind whether the listener is intended to fall down on the side of the narrator.....

This is the same band who included a quasi-comic song about a noncey uncle in Tommy, remember.

SWv2
04-06-2018, 02:29 PM
One then wonders why you would bring it up......purely to belittle me in a pleasant conversation?

I might now listen to it and like it, purely to spite you :)

I have no wish to belittle you musically Pedro as we both sail different ships here.

It was merely a recommendation to try and brighten up your otherwise grey weekend. It is very rare I buy actual CDs as quite often they are free, so on the occasions I do I like to celebrate them.

Your tone has been noted.

Peter
04-06-2018, 02:31 PM
I have no wish to belittle you musically Pedro as we both sail different ships here.

It was merely a recommendation to try and brighten up your otherwise grey weekend. It is very rare I buy actual CDs as quite often they are free, so on the occasions I do I like to celebrate them.

Your tone has been noted.

Then let us return to common ground. I shall be going to see The Waterboys in Cambridge in a few weeks. :)

Peter
04-06-2018, 02:32 PM
This is the same band who included a quasi-comic song about a noncey uncle in Tommy, remember.

I do remember. This one includes the stealing of virginity, rape (not necessarily in the same instance), drugs, violence, drink and addresses the central theme of split personalities.

In short, a very well written song :)

04-06-2018, 02:35 PM
Then let us return to common ground. I shall be going to see The Waterboys in Cambridge in a few weeks. :)

Probably the biggest disappointment I've ever seen in a live band. Loved them since the 1980's - saw them for the first time a couple of years back - they were utter shíte :-(

Sir C
04-06-2018, 02:37 PM
Probably the biggest disappointment I've ever seen in a live band. Loved them since the 1980's - saw them for the first time a couple of years back - they were utter shíte :-(

I saw them about 10 years ago and they were great.

Mike Scott may have disappeared up his own árse though, given his twittering.

04-06-2018, 02:40 PM

Yes - that's exactly it. Seemed to be more interested in free-form jazz than anything resembling decent music. I was very disappoint. Thank god for The Stranglers who were the support and were fantastic.

Peter
04-06-2018, 02:40 PM
I saw them about 10 years ago and they were great.

I think the beauty of Mike Scott is that he has always been thoroughly up his own arse. His ability to prioritise that over commercial success is one of the things that I have always admired about him.

One of the issues with seeing them live is you have to work out which version of the band you are seeing. It changes all the time. No point in rolling up wanting to hear Fishermans Blues and Room to Roam if he is touring without the fiddle man.

SWv2
04-06-2018, 02:41 PM

Excellent. They played here just before Xmas but I refused to go on the basis of the venue being the O2.

Nothing lined up here. I was thinking of The The but I believe it sold out.

Peter
04-06-2018, 02:42 PM
Yes - that's exactly it. Seemed to be more interested in free-form jazz than anything resembling decent music. I was very disappoint. Thank god for The Stranglers who were the support and were fantastic.

THis is the point. THat is what he is like. You just have to respect the artistic process I suppose....

Peter
04-06-2018, 02:44 PM
Excellent. They played here just before Xmas but I refused to go on the basis of the venue being the O2.

Nothing lined up here. I was thinking of The The but I believe it sold out.

I was 50/50 but eventually decided that I like him, and should give it a go. **** all else to do here.

04-06-2018, 02:45 PM
THis is the point. THat is what he is like. You just have to respect the artistic process I suppose....

If he'd even done stuff from his self-indulgent WB Yeats album I would have been slightly appeased but it was all böllocks. To cap it off they were due to finish with The Whole of the Moon but the organisers pulled the plug - beach gig...****s.

Burney
04-06-2018, 02:47 PM

Yes, this is why I'm not interested in live music. If I pay for a product, as a consumer I want that product, not what some cvnt of a jumped-up busker thinks I should get because some cvnt told him he was an artist and he swallowed it.

If I go to a concert and you decide to play my favourite song in half-time or as a fvcking calypso, I'm not going to be happy and I'm definitely not coming back.

Peter
04-06-2018, 02:48 PM
If he'd even done stuff from his self-indulgent WB Yeats album I would have been slightly appeased but it was all böllocks. To cap it off they were due to finish with The Whole of the Moon but the organisers pulled the plug - beach gig...****s.

Where and when was this?

Peter
04-06-2018, 02:50 PM
Yes, this is why I'm not interested in live music. If I pay for a product, as a consumer I want that product, not what some cvnt of a jumped-up busker thinks I should get because some cvnt told him he was an artist and he swallowed it.

If I go to a concert and you decide to play my favourite song in half-time or as a fvcking calypso, I'm not going to be happy and I'm definitely not coming back.

I made a similar comment about Springsteen's insistence on using THunder Road as an acoustic singalong party piece at the end of every ****ing gig. But then, you know, its his gig an all that.

Burney
04-06-2018, 02:54 PM
I made a similar comment about Springsteen's insistence on using THunder Road as an acoustic singalong party piece at the end of every ****ing gig. But then, you know, its his gig an all that.

But it's not his gig, is it? It's the gig of the paying customers, isn't it? If I go to the butcher to buy some chops and he insists on selling them to me pre-minted, I'm not going to say 'It's his gig', am I? I'm going to tell him to fvck off and buy my chops elsewhere. Why should I be expected to put up with similar arrogance from Bruce fvcking Springsteen?

SWv2
04-06-2018, 02:55 PM
But it's not his gig, is it? It's the gig of the paying customers, isn't it? If I go to the butcher to buy some chops and he insists on selling them to me pre-minted, I'm not going to say 'It's his gig', am I? I'm going to tell him to fvck off and buy my chops elsewhere. Why should I be expected to put up with similar arrogance from Bruce fvcking Springsteen?

Because he is The Boss?

A musical Paul Ince if you will.

Burney
04-06-2018, 02:58 PM
Because he is The Boss?

A musical Paul Ince if you will.

He is not the Boss of me, sw. Not by a long chalk.

Of course, the worst man for this is Dylan. I simply cannot understand why anyone who loves any of Dylan's songs would go to see him live given that he invariably renders them unrecognisable.

Peter
04-06-2018, 02:58 PM

Because the alternative is what you have previously described as 'corrupt art'. You dont just play the songs people want to hear anymore than you record the songs that the biggest number of people will want to buy.

Of course, you should still play the songs people want to hear, to some extent, particularly when those songs are clearly your best ****ing songs, whether the most popular or successful. Springsteen cant just play the ones you want to hear because he plays a different set each night. If he didnt, well.... it would get a bit boring and going to see him would be the same as going to see every other artist instead of being a genuinely remarkable, unforgettable experience that you become determined to repeat.

That said, if I went to see James and they didnt do Come Home I would ****ing kick off....

Peter
04-06-2018, 03:01 PM

Of course, the worst man for this is Dylan. I simply cannot understand why anyone who loves any of Dylan's songs would go to see him live given that he invariably renders them unrecognisable.

Fair point. I love Dylan but have never been terribly interested in seeing him live. My regret is never seeing Leonard Cohen live.

SWv2
04-06-2018, 03:05 PM

I went along to see Neil Young a few years back and there was nearly an uprising as he didn't play Harvest or whatever specific album people wanted to hear, despite the gig being very clearly labelled as being him and Crazy Horse.

There was letters to the Irish Times and all I think.

Burney
04-06-2018, 03:06 PM
Fair point. I love Dylan but have never been terribly interested in seeing him live. My regret is never seeing Leonard Cohen live.

For me, it seems pretty obvious that Dylan has simply been taking the p1ss out of his live audiences for decades now. The fact that they keep coming back for more must be a constant source of amusement to the miserable old cvnt.

Peter
04-06-2018, 03:07 PM
I went along to see Neil Young a few years back and there was nearly an uprising as he didn't play Harvest or whatever specific album people wanted to hear, despite the gig being very clearly labelled as being him and Crazy Horse.

I saw him in Finsbury Park. Very boring, it went on and on and on. THe Waterboys were supporting- they were superb.

Sir C
04-06-2018, 03:07 PM

Here we see The Market operating as advertised, b. Bruce Springsteen used to play lengthy sets which sometimes included reworked versions of some of his songs, but since you refused to attend he has amended his ways and now just plays everything exactly the same way as on the record.

wd b.

Peter
04-06-2018, 03:08 PM
For me, it seems pretty obvious that Dylan has simply been taking the p1ss out of his live audiences for decades now. The fact that they keep coming back for more must be a constant source of amusement to the miserable old cvnt.

I heard his Christmas album. Jesus ****ing Christ.....

Peter
04-06-2018, 03:09 PM
Here we see The Market operating as advertised, b. Bruce Springsteen used to play lengthy sets which sometimes included reworked versions of some of his songs, but since you refused to attend he has amended his ways and now just plays everything exactly the same way as on the record.

wd b.

Apart from Thunder ****ing Road, obviously.........

Burney
04-06-2018, 03:11 PM

At the very least they ought to publish the set list when you buy tickets imo. And if they intend to fvck about with the songs, they ought to have to say how they're going to do it so that the punters can decide whether or not to bother.

Burney
04-06-2018, 03:12 PM

wd b.

Be that as it may, the bond of trust with me is broken.

Sir C
04-06-2018, 03:13 PM

I saw him a year or so ago. Now I'm far from the world's greatest Dylan fan, but, you know, it was Bob fúcking Dylan. Wearing a dude suit and a fúck off hat. With a really tight band.

It's a rock n roll show dude. Whaddya want? :shrug:

Peter
04-06-2018, 03:23 PM
I saw him a year or so ago. Now I'm far from the world's greatest Dylan fan, but, you know, it was Bob fúcking Dylan. Wearing a dude suit and a fúck off hat. With a really tight band.

It's a rock n roll show dude. Whaddya want? :shrug:

I want Dylan from the late60s/early 70s and I cant have it. Its never going to be the same as the real thing at the time. With Springsteen it doesnt matter. With others, it kind of does.

Peter
04-06-2018, 03:24 PM
Be that as it may, the bond of trust with me is broken.

Yes, that unspoken bond between. You and an artist you don't like :)

Peter
04-06-2018, 03:26 PM
At the very least they ought to publish the set list when you buy tickets imo. And if they intend to fvck about with the songs, they ought to have to say how they're going to do it so that the punters can decide whether or not to bother.

Where is the fun in that? You can look up the set lists of the tour for most bands as they play the same songs in the same order every night. Wont help you much with a Springsteen show though, aside from working out a trend. THe beauty of the show is wondering whether he will play anything good in the 3 anda half hours he is on stage. If he does, you feel incredibly lucky, like you just witnessed something special.

Burney
04-06-2018, 03:30 PM
Yes, that unspoken bond between. You and an artist you don't like :)

I wouldn't say I don't like him. Just that I can't see what the fuss is about.

Burney
04-06-2018, 03:30 PM
Where is the fun in that? You can look up the set lists of the tour for most bands as they play the same songs in the same order every night. Wont help you much with a Springsteen show though, aside from working out a trend. THe beauty of the show is wondering whether he will play anything good in the 3 anda half hours he is on stage. If he does, you feel incredibly lucky, like you just witnessed something special.

Hmmm. That sounds sh1te, tbf. Like going for a meal in the hope that the chef manages to cook one thing properly.

Peter
04-06-2018, 03:34 PM
Hmmm. That sounds sh1te, tbf. Like going for a meal in the hope that the chef manages to cook one thing properly.

Oh no. More like going to a restaurant with no permanent menu, only daily specials. The excitement of not knowing what they will have..... :)

04-06-2018, 04:08 PM
Where and when was this?

Perranporth - Tunes in the Dunes 2016.

SWv2
04-06-2018, 04:12 PM

Jesus fúcking christ 71. What sort of musical shíthouse was this.

Friday, May 27, 2016

BackBeat SoundSystem
Dizzee Rascal
Hein Cooper
Lethal Bizzle
Tinchy Stryder

04-06-2018, 05:33 PM
Jesus fúcking christ 71. What sort of musical shíthouse was this.

Friday, May 27, 2016

BackBeat SoundSystem
Dizzee Rascal
Hein Cooper
Lethal Bizzle
Tinchy Stryder

I went on the Saturday. The Stranglers and The Waterboys were the only acts I saw...

Tony C
04-06-2018, 08:06 PM
REm or Stereophonics

Take yer pick imo

The Insider
04-06-2018, 08:07 PM

The Beatles

End of discussion.

eastgermanautos
04-07-2018, 01:05 PM

I was surprised to learn the other day that they barely had any "hits." Stairway to Heaven and that's about it. That said, I'll firebomb your mosque if you criticize led zeppelin, you infidel dog.

:-D

eastgermanautos
04-07-2018, 01:07 PM
Apart from Thunder ****ing Road, obviously.........

Yasss. Totally effing boring as sh!t, fake american, mall rat of a musician.

Peter
04-07-2018, 03:57 PM
I was surprised to learn the other day that they barely had any "hits." Stairway to Heaven and that's about it. That said, I'll firebomb your mosque if you criticize led zeppelin, you infidel dog.

:-D

Refusing to release singles made having 'hits' rather difficult.

Peter
04-07-2018, 03:59 PM

I looked at the set list. To be fair, it does look a bit **** :hehe::hehe:

eastgermanautos
04-07-2018, 07:34 PM
Refusing to release singles made having 'hits' rather difficult.

Well you say potato and I say potaweto. They were not received in that way, okay?

Sir C
04-07-2018, 07:50 PM
Yasss. Totally effing boring as sh!t, fake american, mall rat of a musician.

You dirty, filthy *******.

Peter
04-07-2018, 09:17 PM
Well you say potato and I say potaweto. They were not received in that way, okay?

I dont really understand what you mean....

eastgermanautos
04-08-2018, 03:37 AM
I dont really understand what you mean....

I mean, obviously, that if a band chooses not to put out singles, this may be because they don't think singles serve to enhance their brand. I'm not really sure of Zeppelin's singles-releasing practices, so I'm not going to pursue. But if their singles didn't sell, or if they didn't have singles, it may be because they did not anticipate they would sell well.

Whatever the case may be, Zeppelin kicks a$$ and I will permit no belittling of their role in the history of rock and roll.

Peter
04-08-2018, 03:20 PM
I mean, obviously, that if a band chooses not to put out singles, this may be because they don't think singles serve to enhance their brand. I'm not really sure of Zeppelin's singles-releasing practices, so I'm not going to pursue. But if their singles didn't sell, or if they didn't have singles, it may be because they did not anticipate they would sell well.

Whatever the case may be, Zeppelin kicks a$$ and I will permit no belittling of their role in the history of rock and roll.

They didn't release singles because they didn't want to- they thought the albums should be listened to as a whole. they were rare in that they had a contract that allowed them to make that decision.

Its fair to say that some of the songs would have sold well as singles.

eastgermanautos
04-08-2018, 07:54 PM
They didn't release singles because they didn't want to- they thought the albums should be listened to as a whole. they were rare in that they had a contract that allowed them to make that decision.

Its fair to say that some of the songs would have sold well as singles.

Mmh, whatever.