PDA

View Full Version : Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! What did Burney/Charles do there???

World's End Stella
04-05-2018, 01:23 PM
I do love the intrigue of a closed thread. :cloud9:

Who said what, who closed it etc etc

Peter
04-05-2018, 01:24 PM

I suppose they just wanted to keep the riff-raff out. THat would include the likes of us :)

Sir C
04-05-2018, 01:26 PM

Eh? What? Whaddya mean?

Sir C
04-05-2018, 01:27 PM

I wonder what happened? Anyways, it's fixed now.

Burney
04-05-2018, 01:28 PM
I suppose they just wanted to keep the riff-raff out. THat would include the likes of us :)

What’s this? What have we done now? We were just discussing how much we’d like to be 19th Century southern slaveowners. As lifestyles go, I reckon it would take some beating.

Mind you, I reckon the Romans had the better idea. They could enslave anoyone. And they didn’t have to live in America.

World's End Stella
04-05-2018, 01:32 PM
I wonder what happened? Anyways, it's fixed now.

A technical glitch? How boring. :-(

I had assumed Burney had been appallingly racist or some such. There was me with my hopes up. :rolleyes:

Peter
04-05-2018, 01:41 PM
What’s this? What have we done now? We were just discussing how much we’d like to be 19th Century southern slaveowners. As lifestyles go, I reckon it would take some beating.

Mind you, I reckon the Romans had the better idea. They could enslave anoyone. And they didn’t have to live in America.

You were having a conversation in a closed thread. People were so appalled by this that I dont think they noticed just how racist the thread itself was.

Of course, who wouldnt want to have owned a southern plantation? One doesnt have to be beastly to the slaves, or even own them....

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-05-2018, 01:58 PM

But imagine the afterlife, b. Imagine the afterlife?