PDA

View Full Version : 8:05pm tonight - can't wait, get the beers in, get the crisps in, big screen telly on

World's End Stella
04-05-2018, 08:23 AM
and about 4 more hours of the Masters to come. :cloud9:

Should be one of the best Masters ever. Tiger, Rose, McIlroy, so many stories, Augusta in full bloom.

Who's going to win then AWIMB?

I'm taking Rory, no idea what his odds are.

Pokster
04-05-2018, 08:26 AM

Should be one of the best Masters ever. Tiger, Rose, McIlroy, so many stories, Augusta in full bloom.

I'd like Rose to win it..... seeing as i beat him over 2 holes at some corporate do many moons ago... thoroughly nice man (him, not you) and deserves to win it

Peter
04-05-2018, 08:28 AM

Can you tell us what crisps so that other people can come and tell you that you know nothing about crisps- and maybe make a snide remark about you eating Italian food in Dubai.

Sir C
04-05-2018, 08:29 AM

Now golf is clearly the pastime of wrong 'uns, but I'm pleased for any chap to take his pleasures where he may. I suppose it gets youout in the fresh air, at least.

Golf on the telly, on the other hand... dear God. Dear, dear God.

Luis Anaconda
04-05-2018, 08:32 AM

Charl Schwartzel or Phil Mickelson

World's End Stella
04-05-2018, 08:40 AM
Can you tell us what crisps so that other people can come and tell you that you know nothing about crisps- and maybe make a snide remark about you eating Italian food in Dubai.

I will be eating these:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjel7-O3qLaAhUM_qQKHe-fBR4QjRx6BAgAEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tyrrellscrisps.co.uk%2Frange %2Fpotato-crisps%2Fsea-salt-cider-vinegar%2F&psig=AOvVaw0cYtd8O1mPhKf1GMNgBsTH&ust=1523003956171016

Luis Anaconda
04-05-2018, 08:42 AM
I will be eating these:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjel7-O3qLaAhUM_qQKHe-fBR4QjRx6BAgAEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tyrrellscrisps.co.uk%2Frange %2Fpotato-crisps%2Fsea-salt-cider-vinegar%2F&psig=AOvVaw0cYtd8O1mPhKf1GMNgBsTH&ust=1523003956171016

Tremendous choice, wes. I had a small pack this morning for breakfast. Of course, the best bit is when you get to the bottom of the pack and eat all the salt left in the corner of the bag :cloud9:

World's End Stella
04-05-2018, 08:42 AM
Now golf is clearly the pastime of wrong 'uns, but I'm pleased for any chap to take his pleasures where he may. I suppose it gets youout in the fresh air, at least.

It's ace, Charles. Especially the majors. A can of Bud, Tyrells's crisps, a large telly and a comfy couch. What more can a chap ask for?

Sadly, it will preclude sex with Mrs WES later on. :-(

SWv2
04-05-2018, 08:43 AM

This is not just golf on the telly as you refer to it, this is The Masters.

Even I will be relatively "glued" to it (though not until Saturday and Sunday).

World's End Stella
04-05-2018, 08:44 AM
Tremendous choice, wes. I had a small pack this morning for breakfast. Of course, the best bit is when you get to the bottom of the pack and eat all the salt left in the corner of the bag :cloud9:

Eat crisps, lick fingers, insert fingers into corner, lick fingers, insert fingers into corner, etc

Sir C
04-05-2018, 08:45 AM
It's ace, Charles. Especially the majors. A can of Bud, Tyrells's crisps, a large telly and a comfy couch. What more can a chap ask for?

Sadly, it will preclude sex with Mrs WES later on. :-(

Budweiser, you mean? :-(

Each to his own. I hope you enjoy your evening.

I must confess that, having experienced golf on the telly, Tyrells crisps, Budweiser and sex with mrs wes, I know what I'd be doing if I were you.

Peter
04-05-2018, 08:46 AM
I will be eating these:

I am 50/50 on those. A bit sharp....

Sir C
04-05-2018, 08:46 AM
This is not just golf on the telly as you refer to it, this is The Masters.

Even I will be relatively "glued" to it (though not until Saturday and Sunday).

Lads in tartan trousers smashing a tiny white ball, which you can't even see, towards a tiny little hole (miles away) which you can't even see?

There's nowt as queer as folk, as I believe Pokster's tribe would say.

Have a lovely time sw.

World's End Stella
04-05-2018, 08:50 AM
Budweiser, you mean? :-(

Each to his own. I hope you enjoy your evening.

I must confess that, having experienced golf on the telly, Tyrells crisps, Budweiser and sex with mrs wes, I know what I'd be doing if I were you.

So eating Tyrells then? :-(

SWv2
04-05-2018, 08:58 AM
Lads in tartan trousers smashing a tiny white ball, which you can't even see, towards a tiny little hole (miles away) which you can't even see?

There's nowt as queer as folk, as I believe Pokster's tribe would say.

Have a lovely time sw.

The tartan trousers are not as common as you suggest however the fashions are secondary, who are we to comment on the individual sartorial choices of chaps.

You should indulge all the same, Saturday and Sunday I believe are shown on the BBC so with the added addedness of HD coverage it really is quite gripping television.

Luis Anaconda
04-05-2018, 09:04 AM
The tartan trousers are not as common as you suggest however the fashions are secondary, who are we to comment on the individual sartorial choices of chaps.

You should indulge all the same, Saturday and Sunday I believe are shown on the BBC so with the added addedness of HD coverage it really is quite gripping television.
We play at 2.30 on Sunday don't we - could be a long day :(

SWv2
04-05-2018, 09:12 AM
We play at 2.30 on Sunday don't we - could be a long day :(

I actually don't know but assume yes given we are in action tonight. With respect to Sunday I don't even know who we are playing such is my detachment from all things PL.

:-(

Luis Anaconda
04-05-2018, 09:14 AM
I actually don't know but assume yes given we are in action tonight. With respect to Sunday I don't even know who we are playing such is my detachment from all things PL.

:-(

I thought we were away to Newcastle - but apparently home to Southampton. Continuing out quest to send Mark Hughes down twice

Pokster
04-05-2018, 09:14 AM
I thought we were away to Newcastle - but apparently home to Southampton. Continuing out quest to send Mark Hughes down twice

Red and white stripes team.. 3-0

Luis Anaconda
04-05-2018, 09:18 AM
Red and white stripes team.. 3-0
:thumbup: Hopefullly with goals a bit earlier

SWv2
04-05-2018, 09:18 AM

Mark Hughes aside it will be a pity to see them go down, much more deserving cases in the PL.

West Brom and Stoke going down will be like Xmas and St Stephens Day.

Luis Anaconda
04-05-2018, 09:26 AM
Mark Hughes aside it will be a pity to see them go down, much more deserving cases in the PL.

West Brom and Stoke going down will be like Xmas and St Stephens Day.

Definitely - would hope they come back up straight away if they did depart. Mind you, apart from West Ham, don't really mind any of the other teams at the bottom (other than the two you mention)

PSRB
04-05-2018, 10:58 AM

Poulter......the magic putter is back and he was superb in Houston at the weekend

Luis Anaconda
04-05-2018, 11:05 AM
Poulter......the magic putter is back and he was superb in Houston at the weekend

Would love to have seen that - presumably a shoo-in for the Ryder Cup team even if he doesn't qualify

PSRB
04-05-2018, 11:08 AM
Would love to have seen that - presumably a shoo-in for the Ryder Cup team even if he doesn't qualify

Was proper edge of the seat golf, really thought he'd blown it coming down the 18th but held his nerve superbly to force the play off and then the other chap just fell apart.

Pokster
04-05-2018, 11:36 AM
Was proper edge of the seat golf, really thought he'd blown it coming down the 18th but held his nerve superbly to force the play off and then the other chap just fell apart.

Poulter isn't long enough of the tee imo, every ther part of his game would have to be 100% to have a chance

PSRB
04-05-2018, 11:38 AM

Worst 'brand' crisps, always a massive disappointment

Luis Anaconda
04-05-2018, 11:43 AM
Poulter isn't long enough of the tee imo, every ther part of his game would have to be 100% to have a chance

oo er missus

Peter
04-05-2018, 11:52 AM

I like the term 'edge of the seat golf'.......:hehe:

World's End Stella
04-05-2018, 12:01 PM
I like the term 'edge of the seat golf'.......:hehe:

You mean because it can be so true?

Someone over a 12 foot putt to win a major or the Ryder Cup isn't edge of the seat stuff? Virtually every Ryder Cup I have ever seen was filled with such things.

It's OK to not like golf, Peter, but that's no reason to be silly.

Peter
04-05-2018, 01:27 PM
You mean because it can be so true?

Someone over a 12 foot putt to win a major or the Ryder Cup isn't edge of the seat stuff? Virtually every Ryder Cup I have ever seen was filled with such things.

It's OK to not like golf, Peter, but that's no reason to be silly.

One cannot find something amusing without being called silly?