PDA

View Full Version : Crumbs! - 'Pool can do Operation Barbarossa when they need to. We've been Dunkirk for

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-04-2018, 07:30 PM
the last decade.

7sisters
04-04-2018, 07:40 PM
The Ox must be regretting every minute of jumping ship. I mean, moving up to that ****hole to play football is never going to be ideal but the lad's in the starting 11 and turning his once flagging career around..

Burney
04-04-2018, 08:08 PM
the last decade.

You realise, of course, that Operation Barbarossa was an abject, disastrous failure?

Operation Dynamo, by contrast, was a massive, unprecedented success.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-04-2018, 08:34 PM
You realise, of course, that Operation Barbarossa was an abject, disastrous failure?

quick and brutal powering over the enemy - what the yanks call gettin' there the firstest with the mostest.

I fully expected Liverpool to do a Stalingrad second half

Just Trent
04-04-2018, 08:47 PM
The Ox must be regretting every minute of jumping ship. I mean, moving up to that ****hole to play football is never going to be ideal but the lad's in the starting 11 and turning his once flagging career around..

For a long time we all felt he was a good player being poorly managed. Shame Kloop didn't get the chance to replace Wenger in 2014. He would've got on pretty well with that Arsenal squad imo. Sanchez being managed by Kloop would've been worth seeing too.

eastgermanautos
04-04-2018, 09:27 PM
quick and brutal powering over the enemy - what the yanks call gettin' there the firstest with the mostest.

Uh, the Yanks do not actually say that.

barrybueno
04-04-2018, 10:03 PM

Quite right, the term is 'shocking whore' as used in the invasion of Iraq.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-04-2018, 10:10 PM

schooled

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Nathan_Bedford_Forres

Peter
04-05-2018, 08:25 AM

It started as a tremendous success. THe second leg, however, was indeed a disaster.

Peter
04-05-2018, 08:26 AM

Hang on, are you quoting Nathan Bedford Forrest??

Good man :)

Peter
04-05-2018, 08:31 AM
schooled

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Nathan_Bedford_Forres

He would probably not thank you for describing it as a yank quote, given the circumstances....

eastgermanautos
04-05-2018, 05:42 PM
Quite right, the term is 'shocking whore' as used in the invasion of Iraq.

That was I was saying just last night. :-D

Buh-dum-dum-pish.